Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
RF-101C
Topic Started: Oct 24 2017, 02:20 AM (190 Views)
jvd59
Member Avatar
ledsled
[ *  *  * ]
I just received the old Hasegawa 1/72 RF-101C in the mail and have a few questions.
Is there any aftermarket parts, cockpit or burner cans? Also did the RF-101C have
tail hooks? There's none with the kit.Thanks---John
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by jvd59, Oct 24 2017, 02:21 AM.
"resistance is futile"
Southeast Coast U. S. of A.
Goto Top

Flyboy72nd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Wow luv the box art, especially the open engine bay door, of course no detail for that in the kit!??!
Not sure if there is any after market for that era kit, you could try a search thru the Pavla catalogue, they might have a cockpit/seat that is suitable, also check the CMK stuff for burner cans??
I will say a qualified yes to tail hook, IIRC, it was basically a length of flat steel with the hook at the end and it was sprung down so basically operation was select the switch and the whatever holding the steel up was removed and hook sprung down to runway!!
HTH
Posted Image

Building something Canadian, Eh! Graham; to avoid confusion M., from Canada's Capital!!
Goto Top

Graeme H
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Always best to look at Scalemates to see what may have been available as well

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION%5B%5D=All&q=McDonnell+F-101+Voodoo+1%2F72*

Good luck trying to find anything ;)
Graeme
Goto Top

TheRealMrEd
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
About all that's available for aftermarket parts for this model are ejection seats and decals. Best bet, if you're really sincere, would be an aftermarket cockpit set for the F-101B, and use only the front half of the cockpit. The seats would be correct also.

The old Hasegawa kit absolutely will benefit from re-scribing all the panel lines; they are not terribly hard on this kit (I've done several). If you want to see what the tailhook looks like, you can find one in the Revellogram F-101B kit. In fact, if you can pick up one of those kits, you could try casting the cockpit tub, seat and tailhook yourself, to get copies for this "C" model.

I haven't seen a copy of the new Valom F-101 family, so can't comment on quality or usefulness of those parts.

Sorry I don't have better news, but "Faint Heart ne're won.....), etc.

Ed
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Help, I'm about to start... · Next Topic »