Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Airfix Catalogue 2018; Meh
Topic Started: Jan 9 2018, 10:48 AM (1,376 Views)
walrus
Member Avatar
Porco
[ * ]
Quote:

For our 1:72 scale fans there’s just as exciting news, with the wonderful new Wellington Mk.IC, Phantom FG.1 and new versions of many other recent new moulds. 2018 is another great year for plastic modelling!

We already knew about the Wellie and the Phantom was due out last year.

Airfix catalogue 2018 News

The Hawker Hunter would be cool if in 1/72.
No frikkin hard wing Hurri AGAIN! :mad: :mad: :weep: :weep: :brick: :brick:

I'll be getting a couple of Phantoms.
Maybe a 1/48 Sea Fury (Burn the heretic! :uxb: )

And that looks about it.
For me the exciting releases are coming from Eastern Europe atm.

Oh well, much in the stash to choose from.
Hopefully I will build more than I buy for a change. :nono:
Paul from Birmingham, UK
Now living in Barnsley.
Goto Top

Graham Boak
Hero
[ * ]
The Airfix official announcement is not until tomorrow, so let's wait and see about any new tools? Another thread of Britmodeller shows artwork for a Victor K2 (and also mentions an SR 2) so the comments on this Catalogue puff haven't covered all the ground.

Some attractive alternative markings on that page. Nothing that actually grabs me, but some near misses.
Edited by Graham Boak, Jan 9 2018, 03:03 PM.
Lancashire, UK
Goto Top

walrus
Member Avatar
Porco
[ * ]
I thought this was the official announcement :unsure:
Airfix reported just before Christmas that the new catalogue would be released on the 9th. ie today

Not heard anything about a second announcement for tomorrow.
Nothing has been stated by Airfix about tomorrow on Facebook. Only the above link.
Ditto their email newsletter.
Paul from Birmingham, UK
Now living in Barnsley.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ * ]
The link above is the official announcement. They'll post up an expanded announcement on the blog pages. If you bother to follow the links on the catalogue pages you'll find the various scheme options and box arts and yes there is a Victor K2 with what appears to be a SR2 option.
www.locate-and-cement.com
Locate and Cement website
RevellAtions
Bring me my chariot of fire
Paul Brown, Chelmsford, UK Posted Image
Goto Top

Jonathan
Member Avatar
Destroy All Monsters
[ * ]
Graham Boak
Jan 9 2018, 03:02 PM
"The Airfix official announcement is not until tomorrow, so let's wait and see about any new tools?"
No it's definitely today.
Goto Top

Graham Boak
Hero
[ * ]
OK, thanks to both of you. Mixed feelings: a little disappointed that there's nothing more tempting, and a little pleased that there's nothing to increase the stash. Sometimes you lose either way.
Lancashire, UK
Goto Top

Harold K
Member Avatar
Dweeb
[ * ]
walrus
Jan 9 2018, 10:48 AM
But not an F.6; an F.5 please, sir ;)
Box-shaker; hater of all things resin and photoetched.
Goto Top

walrus
Member Avatar
Porco
[ * ]
Harold K
Jan 9 2018, 04:41 PM
walrus
Jan 9 2018, 10:48 AM
But not an F.6; an F.5 please, sir ;)
:like:

Yeah
Off the top of my head I can't remember if there is a lot of mileage from an F5 .

IIRC the FGA9 can be backdated to an F4 and that is the one that can be converted to a GA11.
so if my rubbish memory is correct for once, I can't see a mainstream manufacturer producing an F5 :(

I stand to be corrected.

I'd settle for a couple of twin seaters that don't require resin conversions.
Paul from Birmingham, UK
Now living in Barnsley.
Goto Top

Harold K
Member Avatar
Dweeb
[ * ]
walrus
Jan 9 2018, 05:26 PM
Off the top of my head I can't remember if there is a lot of mileage from an F5 .

Posted Image

These markings are all the mileage I (and others, I'd wager) need :)
Box-shaker; hater of all things resin and photoetched.
Goto Top

walrus
Member Avatar
Porco
[ * ]
:haha: Me too

Easy for us as we don't need to recuperate all the costs of production + a bit extra!
As long as we have the kit in the stash B)
Paul from Birmingham, UK
Now living in Barnsley.
Goto Top

Outsider
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
No Grumman Avenger this year. Sad.

Nothing spectacularly intresting for me. Wimpy is a old news, but it is a must for me. Me 262B - I have to make my mind about this one - I already have Revell one with aftermarket engine set. One good thing - more free funds for products from Eastern European kit makers.
Goto Top

Mark Schynert
Member Avatar
Yeast
[ * ]
Graham Boak
Jan 9 2018, 04:11 PM
OK, thanks to both of you. Mixed feelings: a little disappointed that there's nothing more tempting, and a little pleased that there's nothing to increase the stash. Sometimes you lose either way.
In complete agreement. I find the Me 262B mildly interesting, but nothing else in scale tempts.
Goto Top

John Thompson
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
The mountain has laboured mightily, and brought forth a mouse... :zzz:

(Of course, a Yak, instead of a mouse, ha ha, would have been expecting too much - had that happened, there would have been grey matter splattering computer screens all over the world)

John
i cant brain today - i have the dumb
Goto Top

Jonathan
Member Avatar
Destroy All Monsters
[ * ]
Well if you guys must only work in one scale... I for one will be looking forward to that1/48 Blenheim with relish.
Edited by Jonathan, Jan 9 2018, 09:38 PM.
Goto Top

walrus
Member Avatar
Porco
[ * ]
I sold my 1/72 Blenheim to someone who was after one on Facebook because it was not likely to get built.
A 1/48 version has no chance.

I would love the Hunter and Sea Fury, as well as the Walrus, I just ain't that bothered.
I have them all in 1/72 as well as 1/48

I've had a 1/48 Hobbycraft Sea Fury and an Academy Hunter F6 with an Aeroclub correction set gathering the dust of endless aeons.
I won't mention the Smer Walrus, which was the first 148 kit I ever bought and is still unbuilt.
Though it might get cannibalised into a dieselpunk thing one day.

There is nothing in the release schedule for this year that get's me chomping at the bit
I'm sure they will still prove popular and good luck to Airfix.

At this juncture however my modelling interests seems to be drifting away from what Airfix are willing to provide.

Edited by walrus, Jan 9 2018, 10:55 PM.
Paul from Birmingham, UK
Now living in Barnsley.
Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Kits, Aftermarket, etc. What's New? · Next Topic »