Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Yak-9T CAD Development Thread
Topic Started: Jun 6 2018, 10:11 PM (339 Views)
orionfield
Beast
[ * ]
Hi guys! Thanks to everyone who participated in the Crowdfunding effort for the Yak-9T. This thread is going to be your window into our development process. Every time I get an update from the engineers, I will share it here. Feel free to poke as many holes in the design as you can, that will give the best possible product in the end!
Dan, CEO Out of The Box Models Ask me about custom designed models!
Goto Top

orionfield
Beast
[ * ]
The official Kickoff for the project is Monday June 11th. I am scoping to project to be completed in under 2 months. So hopefully things will work out.
Goto Top

orionfield
Beast
[ * ]
The project is officially kicked off! The engineer and went over the drawings we had for the Yak-9D and Yak-9T and went over the common parts, and key differences.

As far as we were able to tell, externally, the Yak-9D and Yak-9T have different prop spinners, due to the different gun configurations. The most obvious difference is the Yak-9T's cockpit farther back on the fuselage than the Yak-9D. Am I missing anything else? Hoping to have some preliminary CAD models in a couple days.
Goto Top

John Thompson
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Sounds promising! As you mentioned, the obvious difference is the cockpit setback of 400 mm on the -9T in comparison with the -9D; another (small) difference is the presence of a shell ejection chute in the left wing root of the -9D, absent on the -9T.

Are you using the drawings for which I provided the link in the other thread?

John
i cant brain today - i have the dumb
Goto Top

orionfield
Beast
[ * ]
John Thompson
Jun 13 2018, 07:13 PM
Sounds promising! As you mentioned, the obvious difference is the cockpit setback of 400 mm on the -9T in comparison with the -9D; another (small) difference is the presence of a shell ejection chute in the left wing root of the -9D, absent on the -9T.

Are you using the drawings for which I provided the link in the other thread?

John
Yes I am. I am going to look for that on the drawings and point it out to the designer.

Here's the progress after Day 1:

Posted Image
Goto Top

John Thompson
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
orionfield
Jun 14 2018, 04:16 AM
Here's the progress after Day 1:
Oh yeah, 0h yeah - sweeeeet!!! Looks deliciously Yak-9-like already! I hope you sell a million of 'em!

John _^
i cant brain today - i have the dumb
Goto Top

orionfield
Beast
[ * ]
Had a little bit of an issue with measurements, but I think we will be pushing through that, should have more visual updates this weekend.
Goto Top

orionfield
Beast
[ * ]
Here's the latest update, its a bit of an older picture, showing the former mismatch we had with the measurements and the drawings.

Posted Image
Goto Top

orionfield
Beast
[ * ]
Here's the latest update:

Posted Image
Goto Top

orionfield
Beast
[ * ]
Here is the new redesign based on the new drawings!​​​​​​​

Posted Image
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Help, I'm about to start... · Next Topic »