Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Fw 190 A-5; grey/grey/grey - most boring scheme ever
Topic Started: Jul 11 2018, 11:55 AM (261 Views)
hobbykiller
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
again Eduard 1:72, overtrees.
I correct the same in all cases, most important bugs: fin and covers on the fuselage. Few details added/changed as in the previous builds, but nothing special. Cockpit is resin (Brassin).
However paint scheme is included in the kit, I corrected cowling colors according to photo: Eduard show light chessboard fields as white (it correspond to the unit color) but this plane was an exception and had it clearly darker than white (it is visible on the WW2 photo). I choose yellow as Classic book authors, instead white or off-white as some may suggest. It is only interpretation so I may be wrong. I just like yellow in this case...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
cheers, Mark
Goto Top

Sky Keg
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Another beauty from you Mark. Well done!!!!! _^
Sky Keg

Mr Dorfman……..Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life.
-Dean Wormer
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
The court of LAST RESORT!
[ * ]
I have to build one of those Fw-190s. Those and the Eduard Spits shown on this board have all looked so amazing.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
18 Finished: Tamiya A6M2
The bench:Platz T-33, Trump. T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Goto Top

MDriskill
Hero
[ * ]
Mark, absolutely excellent as always! You make me terribly envious as you keep posting these beautiful Focke-Wulfs on such a frequent basis, as I am still struggling to complete my FIRST Eduard 190.

When looking at the famous picture of Kunze’s well-known A-5, with crewmen gathered round, I can’t help but notice that the lighter checkers on the cowl are not only strangely dark, but very uneven in tone. Some have called them “oil-smeared” but it just does not ring true to my eye. What they DO look like to me is...simple camouflage paint. Is it possible the lighter checkers simply haven’t been painted on yet?

Posted Image
Edited by MDriskill, Jul 12 2018, 01:05 AM.
Goto Top

Barry Numerick
Hero
[ * ]
Another beauty, Mark. I love the way the black & yellow checks contrast with the camo.

Great job!

Barry
Goto Top

renscho
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ * ]
MDriskill
Jul 12 2018, 01:01 AM
Mark, absolutely excellent as always! You make me terribly envious as you keep posting these beautiful Focke-Wulfs on such a frequent basis, as I am still struggling to complete my FIRST Eduard 190.

When looking at the famous picture of Kunze’s well-known A-5, with crewmen gathered round, I can’t help but notice that the lighter checkers on the cowl are not only strangely dark, but very uneven in tone. Some have called them “oil-smeared” but it just does not ring true to my eye. What they DO look like to me is...simple camouflage paint. Is it possible the lighter checkers simply haven’t been painted on yet?

Posted Image
In a clear print of the photo, the oil can be seen running down the propeller blade, too. Oil cooler damage.
Robert E. Rensch
Goto Top

piero
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
Splendid work ! Outstanding !
Bravissimo
Cheers
Giampiero
Goto Top

Graeme H
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Very impressive indeed
Graeme
Goto Top

hobbykiller
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
renscho
Jul 12 2018, 04:19 AM
In a clear print of the photo, the oil can be seen running down the propeller blade, too. Oil cooler damage.
Yes, it may be the case.
Anyway thanks for kind opinions :)
cheers, Mark
Goto Top

Sid_DD
[ * ]
hobbykiller
Jul 11 2018, 11:55 AM
I correct the same in all cases, most important bugs: fin and covers on the fuselage.
Hello Mark! Great build! _^ Could you please explain what do you mean with "most importaint bugs"? What is wrong with the fin and with covers?
Best regards
Goto Top

hobbykiller
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
Sid_DD
Jul 12 2018, 01:48 PM
Could you please explain what do you mean with "most importaint bugs"? What is wrong with the fin and with covers?
Quite difficult to explain in a few words. Depending on version (-5 or -8, basically) some hatches on fuselage belong to other (version) and should be filled in, one hatch never existed on a real plane (to be filled too) and fin has wrong cross-sections and looks ridicously.
I'll try to show those corrections (what and how-to) on pictures in a separate thread, just need to buy spare free time. A lot...
cheers, Mark
Goto Top

renscho
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ * ]
hobbykiller
Jul 12 2018, 04:33 PM
Sid_DD
Jul 12 2018, 01:48 PM
Could you please explain what do you mean with "most importaint bugs"? What is wrong with the fin and with covers?
Quite difficult to explain in a few words. Depending on version (-5 or -8, basically) some hatches on fuselage belong to other (version) and should be filled in, one hatch never existed on a real plane (to be filled too) and fin has wrong cross-sections and looks ridicously.
I'll try to show those corrections (what and how-to) on pictures in a separate thread, just need to buy spare free time. A lot...
Well, we don't disagree on that stuff...
I think the tube-shape of the nose is problematic as well, but -

I'm getting used to giving kit makers a chance to sell their best shots. I also wait for the improved release from somebody because I just don't like having to do drastic modifications on kits anymore. Too old, too slow.

I won't discourage anyone else from doing whatever they are inclined to. Makes things interesting.

Eduard got a lot of flak about these issues regarding the 48th scale 190 kits. My eye tells me they didn't change much when they scaled it down.

Has time been kind to the Tamiya P-47?
Robert E. Rensch
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Photos of Completed Models · Next Topic »