Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Arma Hobby PZL 11c Build
Topic Started: Jul 12 2018, 10:23 AM (298 Views)
walrus
Member Avatar
Porco
[ * ]
Arma Hobby have just updated their blog with an out of the box build.

Link

Looks very good to my untrained eyes.
Like the sheme, the sky blue bands are smart

Posted Image
Paul from Birmingham, UK
Now living in Barnsley.
Goto Top

hobbykiller
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
walrus
Jul 12 2018, 10:23 AM
Arma Hobby have just updated their blog with an out of the box build.
Looks very good to my untrained eyes.

They made few really stupid errors there, but beside of this it seems it will be (currently) best kit of that plane in the market. It may change when IBG show their, should be this year too. I am waiting for IBG since they promissed all versions, i.e. Romanian and P.24 too.
cheers, Mark
Goto Top

Starfighter Decals
Hero
[ * ]
Quote:

They made few really stupid errors there, but beside of this it seems it will be (currently) best kit of that plane in the market. It may change when IBG show their, should be this year too. I am waiting for IBG since they promissed all versions, i.e. Romanian and P.24 too.

Please elaborate on the "Stupid errors". Uninformed modelers want to know....
Edited by Starfighter Decals, Jul 12 2018, 02:10 PM.
Goto Top

hobbykiller
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
Starfighter Decals
Jul 12 2018, 02:09 PM
Please elaborate on the "Stupid errors". Uninformed modelers want to know....
Absolutely. Just give me some time. I'd prefer to have a kit in my hands before I start to write something serious. Looking only at testshots pictures:

- on wing - lines perpendicular to the leading edge were flat bars on the real a/c, and not recessed lines as on the model (there is hot discussion on Polish forum on this subject - one people like it, when others dislike - I am in that second camp ;) )
- panels before winscreen where wing has visible step in reality had flat covering, not corrugated as shown on the kit
- fuel tank shape (bottom, between u/c legs) is suspicious (I can't judge from pictures only)
- vent openings aft engine have incorrect shape (however they are in correct places)

I'll write more with pictures etc but please be patient. AH start shipments 07.16 so I need to wait at least a week to say something.

cheers, Mark
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
The court of LAST RESORT!
[ * ]
That looks really nice. This seems to be the year of the Pole!
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
18 Finished: Tamiya A6M2
The bench:Platz T-33, Trump. T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Goto Top

hobbykiller
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
dknights
Jul 12 2018, 07:36 PM
That looks really nice. This seems to be the year of the Pole!
People who saw it "live" (i.e. testshots) said it looks better than on the pictures. I'm pretty sure it will be very nice model when built (but this does not mean it has no errors (see above). :haha:
cheers, Mark
Goto Top

Zambudio
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
This is a kit I have been waiting with impatience... Besides from the already mentioned detail issues, the photos of the test shots show somewhat heavy handed panel lines in the fuselage, in what seems a current trend. This reminds me that I still have one original Mania's Ki-51 (Hasegawa got hold of the molds after Mania closed) in the stash, together with early Hasegawa boxings of their Ki-15 and Ki-48 (I build an Hasegawa rebox of the Ki-51 in the mid-90s). The surface detail on these kits, released in the 70s, especially the restrained engraved panel lines, puts many modern manufacturers to shame!

Hobbykiller: As for IBG, do you know when their PZL 11c is due? Having got their PZL 23 (three boxes), I am very impressed with it!
"Don't tell my mother I'm a banker, she thinks I play the piano in a brothel"
Great Depression joke
Goto Top

hobbykiller
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
Zambudio
Jul 13 2018, 03:27 PM
This is a kit I have been waiting with impatience... Besides from the already mentioned detail issues, the photos of the test shots show somewhat heavy handed panel lines in the fuselage, in what seems a current trend.

Hobbykiller: As for IBG, do you know when their PZL 11c is due? Having got their PZL 23 (three boxes), I am very impressed with it!
No worries, those lines look good, what people said. Bear in mind published photos are taken very close. To imagine real model lines, you would need to zoom out until you see parts in 1/72 dimensions on your screen. It is debatable (at least, for me) if all lines should be at places we see - beside wings, I don't like some fuselage areas, but I think it is less important. Lines should be good.
As promissed I'll post some inbox on this forum (with photos of real a/c if neccesary to compare) and slant comments - you will see everything before purchase and make your own opinion.
But, indeed some '70 kits are still better than modern we get.

According to IBG, I bet first kit should be close to end of this year, or maybe early next. Advantage of IBG over AH may be whole family from one design (so 11a, 11b, 11c, 11f, 11g) but we will see how they deal with detail. We can expect corrugated sheet surface similar to PZL 23 walkways (on wing) and all those things as fuel caps etc. Now they should be close to the end of CAD design. I don't know details yet, unfortunately.
Now they focus on PZL 37 release so after that they may reveal something about next project (PZL P.11 and P.24 - but this is rather later queue, maybe 2019/20).
cheers, Mark
Goto Top

Zambudio
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Sorry, I actually meant the pictures of the built example, not the pics of the frets... Those fuselage panel lines still look a bit on the wide side, but I will wait until I lay my hands on the kit.

Thank you for your reply!re

I have high expectations for IBG's forthcoming PZL fighters. It is interesting to read that they plan to the 11g "Kobuz", the single prototype which was a sort of analog of the export-only PZL 24, built as stop-gap measure (a friend of mine got a resin kit of it a few years ago). This has to be a bit speculative, as no photos - or genuine drawings - of the original prototype are known to this day... The prototype has also been designated P.11h according to the latest data.

It is also very good news to hear that they intend to do a full "P.11 family" (and P.24 too). As for the PZL 37, I am confident IBG will do a good job. I remember that other companies joined the race to produce a modern standards' PZL 37, including Fly, from the Czech Republic, but I have no further details.
Great Depression joke
Goto Top

hobbykiller
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
Zambudio
Jul 13 2018, 05:28 PM
I have high expectations for IBG's forthcoming PZL fighters. It is interesting to read that they plan to the 11g "Kobuz", the single prototype which was a sort of analog of the export-only PZL 24, built as stop-gap measure (a friend of mine got a resin kit of it a few years ago). This has to be a bit speculative, as no photos - or genuine drawings - of the original prototype are known to this day... The prototype has also been designated P.11h according to the latest data.

It is also very good news to hear that they intend to do a full "P.11 family" (and P.24 too). As for the PZL 37, I am confident IBG will do a good job. I remember that other companies joined the race to produce a modern standards' PZL 37, including Fly, from the Czech Republic, but I have no further details.
Today IBG posted P11a renders on their FB. From what I see, this project will be free of errors ArmaHobby made on their P.11c, but we have to wait for final product. Now we have only renders.
In comments section (in Polish) IBG confirmed what I wrote earlier - there will be P.11g as well as P.24 (they confirmed "one of P.24" but there will be whole sub-family I am sure) edit: now confirmed more versions of P.24.
From my point of view it is worth to wait for IBG, since they designed all versions in one step (from one designer/project). For impatient modellers AH P.11c still remain best in the market, but it is possible it will stay not so long.
Edited by hobbykiller, Yesterday, 6:28 PM.
cheers, Mark
Goto Top

Zambudio
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!
Of course, the wise thing to do is to wait but I might as well get the AH P.11c: I have a soft spot for PZL fighters since my teen years (I built the Heller kit in the mid 80s and my dad did the Revell one some twenty years before).

As for the IBG kits, I am really curious about their take on the P.11g, giving the degree of guesswork involved. I am very happy with the P.11a but also with the P.11f. I never took the plunge reg the SH kits (P.11c and P.11f; also P.24 boxings) and now I am glad I didn't. Polish aircraft used in the September 1939 campaign have a mythical aura among modellers and aviation history aficionados in Poland, which is quite understandable after all. That is why I am happy to see Polish companies doing such types; being under close scrutiny from local enthusiasts can produce yield good results.

Btw, do you know if the RWD-8 replacement wing and control surfaces' set AH did for the IBG is still available? AH discontinued their line of resin bits months ago... :hmm:
Great Depression joke
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Kits, Aftermarket, etc. What's New? · Next Topic »