Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Finemolds 109's
Topic Started: Sep 11 2017, 02:22 AM (514 Views)
J.C. Bahr
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Where does everyone find their Finemold's 109's... or do you find them?

The well known auction site seems over-priced on the kits AND shipping (especially the shipping!)... and HLJ seems MIA on having anything in stock! :blink:

Am I missing something?
J.C. Bahr

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy
Goto Top

dr30
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Place an order with HLJ. They will place an order with their distributor. The process may take several weeks.
Peter
Goto Top

Ruudster
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Ebay has the F-4 and K-4 for about $23 ("free" shipping).
Ruud van der Salm
SW WA
OMS-IPMS, Portland OR
Goto Top

Chuck1945
Hero
[ * ]
J.C. Bahr,Sep 10 2017
07:22 PM
Where does everyone find their Finemold's 109's... or do you find them?

The well known auction site seems over-priced on the kits AND shipping (especially the shipping!)... and HLJ seems MIA on having anything in stock! :blink:

Am I missing something?

Which versions are you after? I have multiple of most and am coming to realize I'll never build them all.
Chuck
Eastern WA, USA
Finished 2018
Eduard Spitfire IXc
Eduard Spitfire VIII
On the active bench:
Eduard Bf 110C, Monogram/Starfighter BFC-2
Goto Top

J.C. Bahr
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Thanks Ruud, but looking for G-6's with the Erla Haube and G-10's.

Sent you a PM Chuck.
J.C. Bahr

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy
Goto Top

ca-15
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Hi J C,

I got most of my Fine Mold 109's from HLJ (a few locally but they were outliers).

Hobby Search is my back up supplier from Japan. They are normally a little more expensive than HLJ but still reasonably priced after packaging when you get a few items. They seem to have most of the 109's in stock.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=10...sserschmitt+109

Cheers

Michael
Michael Louey
Melbourne Australia
Goto Top

Barry Numerick
Hero
[ * ]
J.C.,

Amazon has them for $21.22 with free shipping:
https://www.amazon.com/Fine-Molds-Messersch...n/dp/B000PBSI62

Incidentally, for those who aren't familiar, only the Finnish iteration of their Bf 109 comes with two canopies, including the Erla Haube.
Goto Top

J.C. Bahr
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Curiously, anyone notice that it does not appear FM has ever offered a tall-tail/Erla-canopy option G-6/G-14 with the round gun bulges on the cowl? (Like Academy and Hasegawa has)
J.C. Bahr

Goto Top

Barry Numerick
Hero
[ * ]
Yes, J. C. I have twice cut the top off of a G-10' fin along the panel line and grafted it on to a G-6 to make the tall tail version. I would love to see them go a G-14. Fortunately I have two projects in mind for a short tailed K prototype and a G-10 with the same feature, so nothing will be wasted. No, it is not "GiGi" which I have already done and posted on this site very early in its life.
Goto Top

J.C. Bahr
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Barry Numerick,Sep 12 2017
10:06 PM
I have twice cut the top off of a G-10' fin along the panel line and grafted it on to a G-6 to make the tall tail version. I would love to see them go a G-14.

Don't many of the AZ kits come with the tall tail/rudder as extra parts? Could those be used on the FM?
J.C. Bahr

Goto Top

« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »