Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Airfix Me 262 Released
Topic Started: Sep 6 2017, 07:00 AM (3,076 Views)
ca-15
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
After a bit of a longer wait than expected, the Airfix Me 262 has been released. Found this out via Britmodeller.

Hope it gets to Australia soon. I'd like to build Wk Nbr 500200 Black 'X' which is held at the AWM.
https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/messerschmitt-...walbe-1-48.html

Cheers

Michael
Michael Louey
Melbourne Australia
Goto Top

StimpyMk2
Beast
[ * ]
Yeah I do like the look of this but do see that the cockpit will need some sprucing up behind the seat. Guess a dozen or so will end up in the stash
Who killed Stimpy?
Goto Top

kingofmen
Member Avatar
Least
[ * ]
I've already built as many Me-262s as I am going to, but glad to see there is some enthusiasm amongst the modelling community.
Kevin Callahan
Auburn WA USA
Visit the re-energized 72 Land blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
All hail 1:72!
Goto Top

Mark Schynert
Member Avatar
Yeast
[ * ]
I'll wait for reviews. If it's better than the Hasegawa with a Revell nacelle transplant, I can reduce the stash without reducing my options.
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
The court of LAST RESORT!
[ * ]
I'll be getting several of these and given Airfix recent releases, I'll move this to the top of the queue.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41
18 Finished: NONE
On the bench:Platz T-33, Trumpeter T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Revell MiG-21F-13, Sword Ki-44, Ace Citroen V-11, Special Hobby SB2U
Goto Top

ca-15
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Mark Schynert,Sep 7 2017
07:06 AM
I'll wait for reviews. If it's better than the Hasegawa with a Revell nacelle transplant, I can reduce the stash without reducing my options.

I was in the US about a month ago and noticed a new Airfix magazine. It had a nice build article of a pre production shot. It looked really nice.

This edition of the magazine still hasn't been sighted in Australia yet....

Michael
Michael Louey
Melbourne Australia
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
The court of LAST RESORT!
[ * ]
ca-15,Sep 7 2017
06:55 PM
I was in the US about a month ago and noticed a new Airfix magazine. It had a nice build article of a pre production shot. It looked really nice.

Michael

Where were you in the States? Business or pleasure?
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41
18 Finished: NONE
On the bench:Platz T-33, Trumpeter T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Revell MiG-21F-13, Sword Ki-44, Ace Citroen V-11, Special Hobby SB2U
Goto Top

ca-15
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
dknights,Sep 8 2017
10:45 AM
ca-15,Sep 7 2017

Michael

Hi David,

I was in San Francisco for family reasons at the start of August. Didn't go very far from the Bay Area and not much to do with modelling or aviation at all.

I did spend some time camping among a Redwood forest which was magnificent.

Cheers

Michael
Michael Louey
Melbourne Australia
Goto Top

Aaron_w
Member Avatar
Toast
[ * ]
Not terribly excited about this one, but perhaps we can hope for a Meteor to join it in a dogfight doubles set. As I have no Me262 in the stash, this will probably be the one to find its way there.
Aaron Woods
Goto Top

Aaron_w
Member Avatar
Toast
[ * ]
ca-15,Sep 7 2017
10:39 PM
dknights,Sep 8 2017
10:45 AM
ca-15,Sep 7 2017

Michael

Hi David,

I was in San Francisco for family reasons at the start of August. Didn't go very far from the Bay Area and not much to do with modelling or aviation at all.

I did spend some time camping among a Redwood forest which was magnificent.

Cheers

Michael

That would have put you in my neck of the woods. I'm guessing you camped in the area of Muir Woods / Mt Tamalpias?
Aaron Woods
Goto Top

Chuck1945
Hero
[ * ]
It was the July issue of Airfix Model World that had an article on the Airfix Me 262. Pre-production kit, looked nice in the article. BTW, the August issue had the Airfix Fortress III which is also available now
Chuck
Eastern WA, USA
Finished 2018
Eduard Spitfire IXc
Eduard Spitfire VIII
On the active bench:
Eduard Bf 110C, Monogram/Starfighter BFC-2
Goto Top

ca-15
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Aaron_w,Sep 8 2017
11:55 PM

That would have put you in my neck of the woods. I'm guessing you camped in the area of Muir Woods / Mt Tamalpias?

Hi Aaron

Actually I was a bit further north around Sonoma next to the Russian River.

Really nice area. We stopped off at Bodega Bay to try some clam chowder on the way back to San Francisco.

Chuck

That probably explains the magazine. I have the Fortress edition from the local shop so the 262 edition must have come out in Australia while I was away.

Cheers

Michael
Michael Louey
Melbourne Australia
Goto Top

Sky Keg
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Currently, I have four 262`s "in stock". Now I`m about to add to that number once this kit becomes available to me.

I don`t know whether I should laugh or cry???? :wacko:
Sky Keg

Mr Dorfman……..Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life.
-Dean Wormer
Goto Top

John
[ * ]
Some piccies:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

John
Goto Top

Chuck1945
Hero
[ * ]
Sky Keg,Sep 10 2017
03:08 AM
Currently, I have four 262`s "in stock".  Now I`m about to add to that number once this kit becomes available to me.

I don`t know whether I should laugh or cry???? :wacko:

LOL, I hear you. I have a Hasegawa, at least a couple of the ROG and an Academy 262. Instead of asking myself 'do I really need more?' I find myself trying to decide whether I should order now from Hannants or wait until it arrives with Airfix USA
Chuck
Eastern WA, USA
Finished 2018
Eduard Spitfire IXc
Eduard Spitfire VIII
On the active bench:
Eduard Bf 110C, Monogram/Starfighter BFC-2
Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Kits, Aftermarket, etc. What's New? · Next Topic »