Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Arado Ar 68 F Nachtjäger finished
Topic Started: Sep 12 2017, 08:29 PM (406 Views)
piero
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
Hi all,
Here some images of the Huma Modell Ar 68 1/72 scale finished. The model depict an Ar68 F-1 belonging to 10.(Nacht)/JG2, operative from Döberitz , May-June1939.
Camouflage scheme in 70/71/65, totally handbrushed.
As in a previous post, the kit required some modifications in the cockpit and engine areas and the construction of exhaust tubes.
Rigging done with Usci van den Rosten cable.
Hope you enjoy
Cheers
Giampiero Piva

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

Ruudster
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Nice build!
Ruud van der Salm
SW WA
OMS-IPMS, Portland OR
Goto Top

Graeme H
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Not a pretty aircraft to me, but a great build, and your rigging is superb, what did you use?
Graeme
Goto Top

StimpyMk2
Beast
[ * ]
Thats very nice indeed
Who killed Stimpy?
Goto Top

Barry Numerick
Hero
[ * ]
Magnificent, Giampiero!
Goto Top

Syd Solo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
A face only a mother could love! Not an attractive plane to me, but you did a great job with it. The cockpit (especially seatbelts) looks most realistic. Excellent and very fine rigging. Pleased to see a biplane.

Cheers

Syd
“County library? Reference desk, please. Hello? Yes, I need a word definition. Well, that's the problem. I don't know how to spell it and I'm not allowed to say it. Could you just rattle off all the swear words you know and I'll stop you when...Hello?”
Bill Watterson
Goto Top

otard
Member Avatar
Ghost
[ * ]

Excellent build. And rigging is exemplary done. ^_^
Ottar D. - Son, Norway
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
The court of LAST RESORT!
[ * ]
Very nice, especially with the older Huma kit.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41
18 Finished: NONE
On the bench:Platz T-33, Trumpeter T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Revell MiG-21F-13, Sword Ki-44, Ace Citroen V-11, Special Hobby SB2U
Goto Top

Tommy
Beast
[ * ]
Excellent build and finishing
Goto Top

Pjotr
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
An interesting aircraft I did not know about... happy to learn about it and to see such a beautiful model. I'm always fascinated by the details that you add to these kits...
Peter
Goto Top

Les Moore
Hand me that piano.
[ * ]
Excellent work... not one that you see everyday. ^_^
Les Moore
Summerfield Florida

Keep thinkin' that.
Goto Top

typhoon
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
Top model as usual from you. I love all the details you have added to the quite naked Huma kit.
I've built one years ago with as an aircraft of 10.(Nachtjagd)/JG 53.
Incidentally I was not aware that this plane was used by JG 2 as well. All my sources report only an N+1 from JG 53 (Ace of spades) with letters either red with white trim or black with yellow trim (I've choosed these last ones). The owl badge was there on JG 53 planes as well, according to a picture on a German magazine.
-_-
Typhoon (Giampiero)
Goto Top

piero
Member Avatar
Beast
[ * ]
Hi Giampiero
From a recent source:

On May 1939, a single engined night fighter Staffel was created with the formation of 10.(Nacht)/JG2 and in September, 11.(Nacht)/JG2 was formed by redesignating 10.(Nacht)/LG2. Also in September, a further single-engined night fighter Staffel was formed with the creation of 10.(Nacht)/JG26, but this was redesignated 12.(Nacht)/JG2 in December to form a full Gruppe, the IV(Nacht)/JG2, equipped with the Ar68 F and Bf109 D-1.
Although te Pik-as, or Ace od Spades emblem, has led to the assumption tht this aircraft belonged to JG53, it is believed that it was in fact operated by 10.(Nacht)/JG72, which had been formed in July 1939 from personnel of II/JG53.
In February 1940, 10.(Nacht)/JG72 was redesignated 12.(Nacht)/JG2 before finally becoming 6./NJG1 in June 1940.

HTH
Cheers
Giampiero
Goto Top

Sky Keg
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Giampiero..........

You continue to astound us with your works of art and done in a manner not commonly associated with the level of quality that you have displayed. You are a virtuoso artist and an inspiration!!!

Take a bow!!!!!!! -_-
Sky Keg

Mr Dorfman……..Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life.
-Dean Wormer
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Photos of Completed Models · Next Topic »