Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
LF Airfix Ki-46 Dinah Decals
Topic Started: Sep 14 2017, 01:43 AM (318 Views)
Steve N
Hero
[ * ]
Hi All,

If anyone has build the Airfix Dinah and didn't use the overall gray option, I need the tail markings (the chrysanthemum rising over the river.) I'm building the Hasegawa kit, but it turns out the old decals I had from the LS kit are garbage..in fact I'm gonna now be forced to strip and repaint the entire vertical tail. Unfortunately I masked and sprayed all the rest of the markings, so I'm kind of committed to this scheme!

Thanks!

Steve
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
The court of LAST RESORT!
[ * ]
Steve N,Sep 13 2017
09:43 PM
Hi All,

If anyone has build the Airfix Dinah and didn't use the overall gray option, I need the tail markings (the chrysanthemum rising over the river.) I'm building the Hasegawa kit, but it turns out the old decals I had from the LS kit are garbage..in fact I'm gonna now be forced to strip and repaint the entire vertical tail. Unfortunately I masked and sprayed all the rest of the markings, so I'm kind of committed to this scheme!

Thanks!

Steve

Steve,

Is this the marking you are looking for?

Posted Image

PM me.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41
18 Finished: NONE
On the bench:Platz T-33, Trumpeter T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Revell MiG-21F-13, Sword Ki-44, Ace Citroen V-11, Special Hobby SB2U
Goto Top

Steve N
Hero
[ * ]
Similar, but not quite. The insignia I need has wings on the side. Here's my attempt to use the decal from an old LS kit. It refused to lay down, and the edges of the printing started to curl.

Posted ImageIMG_9723 by Steve Nelson, on Flickr

I have these old ESCI decals as a last resort, but I'm not sure how well they'll perform (I coated them liberally with MicroScale Liquid Decal Film after testing another decal on the sheet, with shattered into a million pieces as soon as it got wet.) Plus as you can see, the registration isn't that great and the white not very opaque.

Posted ImageIMG_9726 by Steve Nelson, on Flickr

This is part of a pic of the Airfix decal sheet I found online. I might have to change the rudder to red, but I've gotta strip and repaint the tail anyway. I used so much Solvaset the decal is thoroughly melted into the paint.

Posted ImageTail Markings 01 by Steve Nelson, on Flickr

AN
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I will keep an eye out, but I sold my Airfix Ki-46 a few months ago.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
On the bench:Platz T-33, Trumpeter T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Goto Top

Steve N
Hero
[ * ]
Thanks..sorry for the tardy reply. A kind-hearted soul over on Hyperscale had some spares and sent them to me. I haven't tried them out yet..I set the project aside for a bit to decompress.

SN
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Steve N,Sep 24 2017
02:36 PM
Thanks..sorry for the tardy reply. A kind-hearted soul over on Hyperscale had some spares and sent them to me. I haven't tried them out yet..I set the project aside for a bit to decompress.

SN

Glad you found them. Isn't the internet great? :lol:
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Decal Exchange · Next Topic »