Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photo etch for Hasegawa Isuzu Fuel truck?
Topic Started: Mar 22 2017, 01:47 AM (555 Views)
dknights
Member Avatar
The court of LAST RESORT!
[ * ]
Does anybody make photo etch for this kit? I've looked around and I don't find anything. Any info appreciated.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
18 Finished: NONE
The bench:Platz T-33, Trump. T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Revell MiG-21F-13, Ace Citroen V-11
Goto Top

InchHigh
Member Avatar
It's a good day to build.
[ * ]
I don't know of PE for this kit, and I have built a few. There are some items which can be found in the model railroad section of a well-stocked hobby store which are useful though, such as windshield wipers and steering wheels.

If you want to convert it to a Type 94 let me know.
Jeff

Time spent modeling is not deducted from your lifespan.

I spent most of my money on beer and women. The rest of it I just wasted.
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
[ * ]
InchHigh,Mar 23 2017
09:06 AM
I don't know of PE for this kit, and I have built a few. There are some items which can be found in the model railroad section of a well-stocked hobby store which are useful though, such as windshield wipers and steering wheels.

If you want to convert it to a Type 94 let me know.

I am going to build this one OOB if I do it, however I am interested your insight and the conversion info.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
Goto Top

InchHigh
Member Avatar
It's a good day to build.
[ * ]
These are some of the detail parts which I found useful when building softskins. These are all meant for HO scale trains, the wipers are particularly nice.

Posted Image

This is a trick for making replacement headlights. The basic shape is made from sprue turned in a Dremel tool. This is used to make a mold from Celluclay. Clear sprue is heated until soft and then pushed into the mold.

Posted Image

Here are Isuzu TX40 fuel trucks, the bottom two are modified into cargo carriers. There were almost twenty variants produced during the war. The bottom one has a wide cab with a hard top.

Posted Image

These are Type 94s. I thought it would be a simple thing to make a 4 x 6 conversion, but it turned out almost everything was different.

Posted Image

A vehicle dump on the Aleutian Islands showing several Japanese trucks. This is the only picture I found of trucks in camouflage, the norm was a solid color.

Posted Image
Jeff

Time spent modeling is not deducted from your lifespan.

I spent most of my money on beer and women. The rest of it I just wasted.
Goto Top

dixieflyer
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Just now saw this thread.

Arrrrgghhh!!! Thank to Photophuckit the images are gone. :(

Warren
"History is the lie we all agree upon."
Goto Top

kingofmen
Member Avatar
Least
[ * ]
PB has much to answer for.
Kevin Callahan
Auburn WA USA
Visit the re-energized 72 Land blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
All hail 1:72!
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
[ * ]
kingofmen,Aug 13 2017
12:25 AM
PB has much to answer for.

Yes they do. I never used their service because I always suspected they would do something like this.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Q&A and etc. for groundcraft. · Next Topic »