Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Greenshirt's Year; Good for modeling!
Topic Started: Nov 9 2015, 06:34 PM (1,045 Views)
Greenshirt
Member Avatar
Tim Holland, Southern MD - USA
[ *  *  * ]
I was able to take some models off the shelf of doom as well as knock out quite a few more. I had hoped to finish more Spitfires, but the same 8 seem to be "in work" that started the year...and well into 2015 they're still "in work".

First up, the shelf of doom models. I believe I started these back in 1990-something with the other Corsairs on my shelf, but stalled due to a move from Virginia to California. They stayed in their shipping boxes until I moved from California to Maryland, where they again remained in storage until 2012 when I got my shelves sorted in my modeling room. These were, "I started this one?" models and I decided to finish them, as many just needed a decal or two.

Hasegawa F4U-1; decals are by Superscale, 1st Lt Ken Walsh, Guadalcanal.
Posted Image

Matchbox F4U-4; decals by Superscale; Maj Ken Walsh, Okinawa.
Posted Image

Hasegawa F4U-1A; decals by Superscale; Lt Ira Kepford.
Posted Image

Matchbox F4U-4B (actually on the shelf since 1985!); decals by Microscale; VF-63 Fighting Redcocks, Korea.
Posted Image

Italeri AU-1; kit decals.
Posted Image

Italeri F4U-7; kit decals.
Posted Image

Italeri F4U-5; kit decals supplemented with decals from Superscale (neither were very good).
Posted Image

Airfix F2H-2 Banshee; kit decals. A thoroughly enjoyable build.
Posted Image

Airfix Hurricane Mk I; early rag wing (2014 tooling). Kit decals. For all my Hurricanes I replace the wingtip lights with clear sprue and the wheels are Freightdog.
Posted Image

Another Airfix Hurricane Mk I, kit decals for the Belgian AF version.
Posted Image

Another Airfix Hurricane Mk I, but "updated" with a newer prop and used for training in 1942. Decals by Aviation Workshop.
Posted Image

Another Airfix Hurricane Mk I, I used spare decals from my AZModel Hurricane kit for Cobber Kain's mount in France, 1940.
Posted Image

Yet another Airfix Hurricane Mk I, this time in Rumanian markings from an old Aeromaster sheet.
Posted Image

I had a spare set of Spitfire Mk VI decals, so decided to convert an old Airfix Vb I had in the stash. I used a spare prop from an Airfix Mk IX.
Posted Image

This is the Airfix Mk IXc. I updated it with a prop by 3D-Kits as well as improved the guns (Master) and gun bulges (3D-Kits). No, this is not a IXe, but a IXc with the cannon moved to the outer bay. Rarely done, but that's what the photo looked like. Egyptian markings are from a Techmod sheet.
Posted Image

Last one for 2014 was another spitfire, this time the new AZModel Mk IX. This kit gives the modeler options for just about any highback IX or XVI, c or e wings, clipped or normal, standard or broad chord rudder. I added the Master gun barrels and the decals are from the same Techmod sheet that had the Egyptian markings.
Posted Image

A very good year for me...

Tim
Tim Holland

I'm a "green shirt" because I work on the carrier's flight deck and maintain US Navy aircraft. Safe sorties are my life so we can be anywhere, anytime -- from the Sea.

http://greenshirt-modeler.blogspot.com/
Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Models Constructed in 2014 · Next Topic »