Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Collection overview
Topic Started: Sep 2 2015, 03:48 PM (1,075 Views)
Paul Boyer
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Well, that's everything I can show you. Eventually the collection, all 1/72 scale U.S. military aircraft, will be put on display (in toto or in thematic sections) at the Experimental Aircraft Association AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I'll probably start delivering models there this fall (2015), but there's no set schedule or design for the displays at this time. I will likely work on filling out major themes, such as WWII, Korean War, and USAF jet fighters which are close to completion right now. One large gap in the collection right now are SAC bombers. I had a B-52H, B-1B, and B-2A, but these were sold to a client years ago. I've never tackled the Monogram B-36, and have yet to complete even the most basic T-6/SNJ model. Lots of gaps, lots of kits to build, and with luck, lots of time to model! Thank you all for your kind comments on my collection. I'll be back soon with more!

Posted Image
Goto Top

Big Kohona
Hero
[ * ]
. .
Goto Top

walrus
Member Avatar
Porco
[ * ]
I keep getting stick from the family about having enough models to open a shop.
"Pah!" I say to them, "you should see a real stash!" :lol:

But then again, if I actually built some... :rolleyes:
Paul from Birmingham, UK
Now living in Barnsley.
Goto Top

Starfighter Decals
Hero
[ * ]
What is that car model box doing there, holding spare parts? :P
Goto Top

Paul Boyer
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
I almost built that AMT '62 Chevy Impala convertible. What I really wanted was a hard-top which eventually came out. I built it for my twin sister for Christmas some years back; we learned to drive in Dad's fire-engine red '62 Impala hardtop (not an SS). I eventually sold off the convertible kit.

Posted Image
Goto Top

softscience
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Hey Paul,

I hope you're not leaving now that you've shown us your kits. Your insights and commentary would be welcome in other threads
-----------------------------------------------------------
Greetings from beautiful Maryland,
Ralph K.
Goto Top

Falcon50EX
Member Avatar
Fortis Per Ardua
[ * ]
You know you've arrived when your kit stash looks more like the model aeroplane section of a Hobby Shop.

Not that i'm complaining, mind you.....

david
Goto Top

JKing
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Paul:

I cannot wait to see the collection at the EAA museum! This will make my next trip there all the more special. I have greatly enjoyed viewing your posts!

Jim
Jim Kingsolver
1/72 WWII Aircraft collector/builder
Goto Top

Paul Boyer
Member Avatar
Hero
[ * ]
Thanks, but it's not up there yet. And we haven't planned the display yet. It could be years. We haven't discussed whether it will be displayed in toto or in themed segments. In the meantime, you can see them all right here!
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · The Paul Boyer Collection · Next Topic »