Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to 72nd Aircraft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Tim's builds; The stash grew...
Topic Started: Jan 3 2016, 04:30 PM (336 Views)
Greenshirt
Member Avatar
Tim Holland, Southern MD - USA
[ * ]
I set out to complete another dozen beyond these, but then again 2 of these were add-ons, not planned to even start them. I do have another 4 that are almost there, but instead of stressing through my holiday break to get them done, I'll wait and finish them in course for 2016.

Ancient Revell A6M5 Zero -- OOB
Posted Image

Nearly as old Revell F4F-4 -- OOB
Posted Image

Hawk Spirit of St Louis -- Testors reissue -- OOB
Posted Image

ESCI Fokker D.VII - added lozenge decals for the underside
Posted Image

ABC/Tamiya Spitfire IV - Griffon prototype DP845 - The ABC kit of the Mk XII is a REALLY BAD kit so the only salvation was mating it to a spare Tamiya Mk I wing and making a Mk IV. If I find a good prop, I'll replace it as it's the biggest weakness of the finished model.
Posted Image

Revell P-26A Peashooter - Starfighter cockpit and engine plus AM decals. My photography isn't doing it justice as this came out quite nice. All the resin really tarted this one up.
Posted Image

MPM Spitfire XVIII - The basic shape is okay but not great, but the details took way to long to source and put on. Decals are from my AZModel XVIII kit.
Posted Image

For completeness, I also finished an AMT P-40 as a whiff racer; NB this was part of a group build (build the same kit)
Posted Image

And an old Lindberg LCI (1/150th scale-ish) for a veteran -- my favorite of the year. Story here.
Posted Image

Those last two were my add-ons.

Tim
Tim Holland

I'm a "green shirt" because I work on the carrier's flight deck and maintain US Navy aircraft. Safe sorties are my life so we can be anywhere, anytime -- from the Sea.

http://greenshirt-modeler.blogspot.com/
Goto Top

dknights
Member Avatar
The court of LAST RESORT!
[ * ]
Nice production. Nice models. I admire your willingness to take on older kits.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
18 Finished: NONE
The bench:Platz T-33, Trump. T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Revell MiG-21F-13, Ace Citroen V-11
Goto Top

Big Kohona
Hero
[ * ]
. .
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Models Produced in 2015 · Next Topic »