|Game 5; Sioux vs Russia|
|Topic Started: Nov 27 2010, 06:00 AM (138 Views)|
|gs||Nov 27 2010, 06:00 AM Post #1|
Just a perfect day
How the MU should be played:
Sioux wins it with a simple AR semi-FF. If Russia rushes, Sioux simply turns his strat into a colonial war and wins from there (Sioux always builds the WH ASAP (lots of wood vills while aging)). Russia does best with a defensive boom and an attempt to outmass the Sioux with sheer numbers. They have to use all 3 units, mainly musk, but have a very hard time against wakina RR.
- Don't build the WH with 4 vills if you're only 60% aged. 2 is plenty, even 1 is acceptable.
- Your early colonial macro is impressive even by my standards. I can tell this build comes naturally to you which is a very good thing because that means you have more time to concentrate on scouting and decisions to be made.
- Again with the sloppy herding in age2. It's understandable because you have a lot more to do than in age1, but still whenever your hunt even attempts to wander off, get it back in there immediately.
- When you saw his lack of resistance at your 9.30 push you should've aged. Like I commented in the previous Sioux vs Russia MU, the best way for Sioux to play this the intent to semi-FF and a potential switch to colonial against a rush (read above). Whenever in this MU Sioux finds themselves in a position where they can afford to age they should. Wakinas are an absolute killer against Russia.
- When you're being raided this much, don't hesitate to leave a couple of clubs with your food vills. It's not that much of a big deal to your army but makes your vills immune to any raid of under 5 cav.
- You played this MU before and in the comment thread I put how the MU should be played. You say I don't tell you how to play MUs but that's exactly what I did back there and you still FF'd :(. To clear it up: Russia should not be looking to age that quickly in this MU.
- Awkward BH placement. I repeat: think more about building placement.
- Use shift on your vills when you build something. Always.
- If you're doing the 700g build, chop more wood for housing and have a lot less vills on gold.
- Your build was very icky. When doing a semi-FF build I would prefer not chopping 250w during age up but just 125 for steel traps, sending 700w and waiting for that before building the BH, then sending 700g and aging. Basically a cav start where you mix in 1 or 2 batches of musks. Being creative with your builds is not something you should be worrying about at this time. That's something for later, when you've developed a thorough understanding of the game. Doing the right build is half the work, more than half I would argue, so stick with copying builds strong players give you.
- When you have a shipment ready, the fast age politician is almost always (let's assume always for now) better, especially when under pressure.
- At the start of the big fight your cav were doing great staying away from the clubs, but later (~12.40) they got sloppy and ran right into clubs. If you wouldn't have let that happen you would've won this fight and with it the game.
- Sending 5 opri is a very strange choice in this situation. Cannons would've been much better even with all the cav around. You can always wall off a very small area around your TC to make it harder for his cav to get to your cannons.
- If you end up with opri, use them to raid no matter what. They suck at fighting, and pretty hard too.
- You should've hid the cannons until you had a decent number of anticav, or walled them off completely.
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · Season 2 (Nov. 2010) · Next Topic »|