AMSIG logo
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to AMSIG Airfix Modeling Special Interest Group part of the IPMS(UK) network.
Membership of AMSIG is open to modellers of all abilities whatever their age, gender or nationality, there are no entry requirements other than wanting to enjoy the Airfix brand. Most of us are modellers but those who prefer just to collect, or research, or talk about Airfix are welcome too.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

To join, please simply register above.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Toms Restorations; Ronnie's old kits donated by Fred
Topic Started: Apr 18 2017, 10:08 PM (180 Views)
thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
This thread is to document the restoration of kits kindly donated by Fred.

As noted by Ian elsewhere, the provenance of the kit could be found underneath as the previous owner had decaled the name and manufacturer of the kit.

With a shortage of suitable of suitable civil kits to display at manchester and hopefully at Avro Woodford or the Avro Annex or both this year I asked for the following.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Revell 1/144 Avro RJ-85

Posted Image
Posted Image

Revell 1/144 Bombardair/Canadair CL-601

I was going to convert the AVro into a Royal Flight version but then realised it is a 200/RJ85 rather the Royal Flight 100 version. I have decided to leave it in its Flybe colours and just glue the bits back on and touch up the paint.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Cl-601 will also stay in its colours but may end wheels up if I cannot fix the microscopic nose gear and wheels.

I've also started on a 1/72 Italeri Tornado GRMK1 in Desert Gulf Pink.
Posted Image
Posted Image
If I can find my resin GR4 FLIR noses then it will end up as a GR4, otherwise it will remain a GR1 but in standard colours.

OFFLINE Profile Quote Goto Top

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
Finished the CL-601 off although this entailed a few touch ups and gluing the undercarriage back on.
Posted Image

The Tornado however gets a new nose probe cover
Posted Image
Sleeves are painted ready for further paint work
Posted Image
Some cockpit changes are made
Posted Image
Decals scraped off and parts masked off.
Posted Image
Now painted
Posted Image

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
I borrowed an undercarriage from Airfix Tornado spares and the decals are from the Revell Tornado sheet I bought for 50p from the Huddersfield show.
Posted Image

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
Stores are now on board.
Posted Image

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
Tonka finished.
Restoration of Italeri 1/72 Tornado ECR Gulf War into Tornado GRMK1, 9SQN RAF, RAF Bruggen, Germany 1998. Airfix undercarriage and Revell decals.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Restorations · Next Topic »

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket