AMSIG logo
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to AMSIG Airfix Modeling Special Interest Group part of the IPMS(UK) network.
Membership of AMSIG is open to modellers of all abilities whatever their age, gender or nationality, there are no entry requirements other than wanting to enjoy the Airfix brand. Most of us are modellers but those who prefer just to collect, or research, or talk about Airfix are welcome too.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

To join, please simply register above.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Bovington Winter Model Show 10th & 11th February
Topic Started: Oct 10 2017, 11:54 AM (1,052 Views)
ColinM
Member Avatar

Bovington have made both model shows two day events for 2018. The Winter show will be on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th February.

I can't justify two nights in a hotel plus all the extras so I won't be going. I will of course book space for those who can.

Colin
OFFLINE Profile Quote Goto Top

roadhousedisco
Member Avatar

Hi Colin,

With the exception of Telford, I always feel a little bit dubious as to the need for a two day model show. I just think that all it will do is dilute the number of people visiting rather than attract more. As wonderful as it was last year for the one day, I feel two might be a bit much. If we could do just the one day I might be interested in going, but that would also depend on others being interested.

Is there a possibility of us just doing the Saturday would you know?

Mark.
ONLINE* Profile Quote Goto Top

ColinM
Member Avatar

roadhousedisco
Oct 10 2017, 08:07 PM
Is there a possibility of us just doing the Saturday would you know?
I don't know yet, I only got the dates today. I suspect a lot will depend on the traders, the Sunday clashes with Huddersfield, I can't see some traders wanting to miss out there.

If we could do just the Saturday I would be up for it but I can't see the museum going for it, what if most clubs only wanted to do Saturday? It may be they are planning other attractions too.

The booking forms will be sent out in a few weeks, we should know more then.

Colin

peebeep
Member Avatar

If nothing else it demonstrates that the shows they've run must have been successful. I'd be sceptical that many clubs would be keen to exhibit over two days.

ColinM
Member Avatar

Hi Folks

Invitation for this and the Autumn show received today.

Both are two day shows, no mention of a one day only option. Exhibition space is free, parking passes are free, 5 chairs are provided free as are 5 wristbands per exhibitor.

Tables can be rented at £5 per table, extra chairs are £2.50 each, extra wristbands are £10 each. There is now an option to buy breakfast vouchers for a tea/coffee and full English breakfast at £5.50 each.

Some of us discussed the prospect of Bovington as a two day show while we were at Telford. Speaking personally Bovington to me isn't worth the cost of the accommodation, meals and beer for a two day event and certainly not twice a year. Two nights in Bovington/Poole would cost me as much as two nights in Telford with added diesel and I know which event I would rather attend.

Sadly I won't be attending either of the Bovington shows next year. I'm not sure how many traders will be keen either especially in February, that Sunday is the Huddersfield show.

If anyone else wants to take it on please let me know and I will forward on the booking form and T&Cs. Only IPMS members can be considered, £5 Million PL Insurance is required by all exhibitors.

I would like to let the organiser know soon, please reply in thread.

Thanks

Colin

roadhousedisco
Member Avatar

Hi Colin,

As previously discussed, I won't be going as a two day event. If they stuck to one day it would be different, but I feel the second day will be dead modelling wise. I would rather cut my losses and see if there is any interest in the plan B we briefly discussed.

Mark.

spitfire1677

Hi Colin,
I am with you, whilst the one day Bovington show was great I feel two days might just be pushing it. If they come up with a one day option I would be up for that as long as I am not on my own :P

Or we could go for plan B... :thumb:

ColinM
Member Avatar

Thanks both.

I've taken another look through the booking terms and all of the prices I quoted need to have VAT added at 20% so it is £6 per table and £6.60 per breakfast. I know from speaking to Glen he isn't interested in two days either so I'm going to decline the invitation and explain why.

I will make it clear that we would be happy to attend a one day show if they decide to revert to that.

Plan B is likely to be a visit to Imperial War Museum Duxford, more on that soon.

Colin

peebeep
Member Avatar

I'm going to make enquiries on behalf of L & C/Rivenhall to see if they would accept a single day booking.

jelly071

I could do a day. And a trip to duxford

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMSIG Shows 2018 · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket