AMSIG logo
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to AMSIG Airfix Modeling Special Interest Group part of the IPMS(UK) network.
Membership of AMSIG is open to modellers of all abilities whatever their age, gender or nationality, there are no entry requirements other than wanting to enjoy the Airfix brand. Most of us are modellers but those who prefer just to collect, or research, or talk about Airfix are welcome too.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

To join, please simply register above.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Poynton Model Show Sat-Sun 9-10 December; Welcome to Poynton - where according to locals 'it never snows'...
Topic Started: Dec 11 2017, 01:15 PM (114 Views)
IanW

Poynton Leisure Centre
Yew Tree Lane
Poynton
Stockport
Cheshire
SK12 1PU

A few shots of our table at this 2 day show in Poynton.

As Tom is in the middle of the busy time at work he normally brings his kits to the venue on the Friday evening and then joins us early Saturday afternoon after work.

As the Friday drop-of was not possible this year, it left Ant and myself to try and fill our rather large area of table space.

In anticipation of this I had brought all my Airfix stuff and also some other makes just in case we had space to fill until Tom arrived.

We have quite a large table area as usual and this year Mark, the organiser, had placed us as the closest display to the entrance which meant that visitors had to pass our display at least twice during their stay.

Ant left some space on his end of the display for Tom's stuff and I decided to spread mine out to fill my end, with the intention of making space when Tom arrived.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once the show opened there was a steady flow of visitors and quite a lot of interest in our display, although I guess the rather inclement weather and the proximity to the pre Christmas 'Retail Therapy' frenzy tended to keep the numbers down.

The snowy weather delayed Tom's arrival and meant he had not had time to collect his kits so we left the display as it was after he arrived.

Given the uncertain weather forcast for Saturday night and Sunday I decided to take my kits home overnight rather than risk not being able to retrive them if we were snowed in, especially as the snow was beginning to get heavier and Jan had earlier texted me to say the snow was beginning to accumulate on the only access road onto our estate.

Luckily the forcast overnight snow did not really materialise so I arrived early on Sunday morning put out some stuff, leaving space for Tom and Mark, who was also planning to come over on the Sunday morning - unfortunatly the snow had closed the road over the hills to he had to turn back. Once Tom arrived we managed to fill the available space.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vistor numbers were down on the Sunday, probably due to the snow/sleet all day the local 'bladder ball' derby match, although our display still attacted quite a lot of interest.

Although pack-up time was meant to be 4:30 most people started packing up about 3:30 as the snow/sleet that had persisted most of the day was becoming heavier and beginning to stick.

Hopefully the planned date change to September will avoid the problems next year.

OFFLINE Profile Quote Goto Top

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
It will be warmer as well so we can be in the beer garden on the Saturday night rather than huddling around the fire in the pub :cheers:

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
There were two other IPMS Branches attending - British Bulldogs and IPMS Merseyside who shared their display area. The vast majority were train layouts and there were some great ones.

A late 70s British Rail layout in 1/48 scale. Each engine having its own lights, sound and smell of diesel.
Posted Image

There was a huge 270˚ display which unfortunately was encroached by another layout so you could only properly see 70% of it. The tracks went 360˚ but the back of the display was the marshalling and set up area.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMSIG Show Reports 2017 · Next Topic »

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket