AMSIG logo
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to AMSIG Airfix Modeling Special Interest Group part of the IPMS(UK) network.
Membership of AMSIG is open to modellers of all abilities whatever their age, gender or nationality, there are no entry requirements other than wanting to enjoy the Airfix brand. Most of us are modellers but those who prefer just to collect, or research, or talk about Airfix are welcome too.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

To join, please simply register above.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Airfix 1/72 McDonnell Douglas Phantom FG1 A06016
Topic Started: Jan 12 2018, 02:34 AM (241 Views)
fred

Announced at Telford SMW in November 2016 and originally due for release in October 2017 it eventually arrived on January 4th 2018. Sold out on the pre-orders mostly within hours of its release
Next batch is due in February according to Airfix

A look at what comes in the box is here; http://s15.zetaboards.com/AMSIG/topic/10395084/1/#new
OFFLINE Profile Quote Goto Top

DH764
Member Avatar
Its Tonka-Time !!
Wondered why it was still showing as pre order on the Airfix site .....wanted to spend my £15 club voucher on it ....bah humbug !!

Andy

fred

Kingkit has 12 of the Phantom at £22.05 each

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
Andy, I expect there will be loads to buy from traders at the Bolton show in two weeks.

fred

The next batch of the McD D Phantom FG.1 A06016 is showing as in stock on the Airfix website

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
Out of stock now!. There's plenty on sale with vendors at Model Shows though.

Have you started yours yet Fred?

fred

No. I haven't had a chance. Major re-arranging of things in my flat is happening right now

Airfix have messed up my pre-order for a Phantom yet again
Edited by fred, Jan 30 2018, 07:44 PM.

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
DH764 bought one at the Bolton show last weekend. I'll see how he fares with it before I purchase one.

peebeep
Member Avatar

Chris Payne has been logging his build here.

I had one arrive the other week, it has a couple of grockles that can be fixed as Chris shows, namely the missing bleed vents to the top and bottom of the intakes and too thin RWR. Otherwise it looks pretty good, although the fuselage panel lines are attracting comment. The decals are outstanding.

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
Chris Payne appears to be winning with his, others on other blogs are faring worse :fear:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Airfix New Releases · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket