AMSIG logo
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to AMSIG Airfix Modeling Special Interest Group part of the IPMS(UK) network.
Membership of AMSIG is open to modellers of all abilities whatever their age, gender or nationality, there are no entry requirements other than wanting to enjoy the Airfix brand. Most of us are modellers but those who prefer just to collect, or research, or talk about Airfix are welcome too.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

To join, please simply register above.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Forum Wish List; Please post your ideas and requests here
Topic Started: Apr 19 2015, 10:50 PM (469 Views)
ColinM
Member Avatar

Hi Folks

We are sure that there are many additional features that you would like to see on the AMSIG forum and perhaps some parts of it that you don't like. Please post all of your comments and suggestions here.

One biggy we know about, email notification of PMs and topic replies isn't currently available, it is on our list and we are looking at options.

Thank you

Colin
Edited by ColinM, Apr 28 2015, 10:26 PM.
ONLINE* Profile Quote Goto Top

IanW

Colin, Tom - What are your thoughts on members suggestions/problem reporting.

Did you intend suggestions to all go in the one thread? If so it may be prudent to make the thread a sticky (if this is possible).
As I see it the problem with a single thread is that unless you read all through the thread you do not know if a topic has been raised.

If not then do we need a sticky to inform members how to make suggestions/report problems.

Individual threads have the advantage that it is easier to see what has been raised, promotes discussion and if/when it is resolved the thread can be closed.
Edited by IanW, Apr 28 2015, 10:19 PM.
OFFLINE Profile Quote Goto Top

ColinM
Member Avatar

Hi Ian

For the time being I would leave it open for people to just post a reply or comment here. If six people all ask for x, we know there is some demand. If one person asks and five others don't post because one already has, we won't know the demand.

We can create stickies, sub forums, all sorts in time if we feel the need. With the volumes of traffic we can expect initially any and all comments are manageable.

Colin

IanW

Might be a good idea of making a list of what systems/software people have access to so that if we upgrade the site /theme we know who to ask to test any changes so we can ask them to try any changes just in case.
I am quite happy to maintain such a list if you think it worthwhile.

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
Good idea Ian.

peebeep
Member Avatar

thomasweir
May 3 2015, 10:05 AM
The adverts will go for sure.
What adverts? I've got the adblock extension for Firefox, can't see any!

peebeep

IanW

peebeep
May 4 2015, 12:31 AM
thomasweir

peebeep
I assume it just blocks the ads from appearing and does not shrink the space occupied by the ads.

DH764
Member Avatar
Its Tonka-Time !!
IanW
May 4 2015, 09:03 AM
peebeep
May 4 2015, 12:31 AM
thomasweir

peebeep
I assume it just blocks the ads from appearing and does not shrink the space occupied by the ads.
Thats right Ian :)
I use Chrome with AdBlock ...no problems with anything yet :thumb:

Andy

peebeep
Member Avatar

IanW
May 4 2015, 09:03 AM
I have no spaces on the forum template where I might expect an advert to be located. It may depend on how the forum CSS template is coded, but I've never seen any blank spaces on Invision/Zetaboards forums when running adblock.

peebeep

WebMaster

I have been through this thread and split off the posts on individual subjects and moved them to separate topics a new Development Register to make it easier to see progress on each one.

Please continue adding posts to this topic if you wish - I will occasionally check and split into a new topic once initial discussions on the subject have taken place.

IanW
Edited by WebMaster, May 29 2015, 10:53 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Forum Suggestions · Next Topic »

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket