AMSIG logo
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to AMSIG Airfix Modeling Special Interest Group part of the IPMS(UK) network.
Membership of AMSIG is open to modellers of all abilities whatever their age, gender or nationality, there are no entry requirements other than wanting to enjoy the Airfix brand. Most of us are modellers but those who prefer just to collect, or research, or talk about Airfix are welcome too.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

To join, please simply register above.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
TimJ's Airfix workbench
Topic Started: Jun 15 2015, 12:49 AM (2,295 Views)
TimJ
Member Avatar

As it was Le Mans weekend I revisited the Porsche 917 I started for the ATF's 'Film Stars' GB back in 2010. Since then I've bought another one so I thought I might as well start that one too.

Posted Image

Both cars have the front suspension fitted and 'Steve McQueen' is trying out his car, which will be no. 20 in Gulf livery, for size. :D (In the actual race car 20 was driven by Brian Redman and Jo Siffert.) I've ordered some aftermarket decals for the other one which will be the no. 18 'Sandeman' sponsored car driven by David Piper and Gijs van Lennep.

http://rmstyle-24lm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/1970-porsche-917-k-david-piper-n18.html

I've got one gearbox and rear suspension built, the other one shouldn't take too long.

Posted Image

As they both have drivers I'll see if I can make a section of Mulsanne straight to put them on. :D
Edited by TimJ, Jun 15 2015, 12:51 AM.
OFFLINE Profile Quote Goto Top

fred

Watching with interest as I've just got one of these myself.
ONLINE* Profile Quote Goto Top

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
Looking good Tim

TimJ
Member Avatar

I thought it was time I updated my workbench thread. The Porsche was finished in time for SMW.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Since then I've built the Panther tank. I was going to paint it pink but decided to follow the instructions for a change.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've also got my Matilda back on the bench that I started in 2013.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It should be finished tomorrow, after which I'll be getting back to the Bristol Bloodhound which I started around 2006.

spitfire1677

Nice finishes Tim :thumb: I would have gone with the pink for the Panther :P
Edited by spitfire1677, Nov 15 2015, 10:12 AM.

TimJ
Member Avatar

If I can pick up a cheap Panther I'll do that one pink. :D

The Matilda was finished yesterday. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

I started the Bloodhound a few years ago so the missile and Landy have had some assembly work done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Plenty of seams to sand down on the missile, I remember now why this went back into the box. :) I spent a couple of hours on the launcher this evening. Most of the time was spent cleaning up the parts but it has made a difference.

Posted Image

I should have some primer on the launcher tomorrow.

TimJ
Member Avatar

Well, the Bloodhound has gone back into it's box and at the moment there is a Spitfire on the bench. Decalling is almost complete apart from the upper wing roundels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Spit should be finished tomorrow, so next up will be a Saracen APC, which should be a quick build.

Posted Image

Andykirby61
Member Avatar

Keep up the good work Tim

TimJ
Member Avatar

Thanks Andy.

I'm not sure what I used the Spit's upper wing roundels on as they were missing so I bought a new Mk Vb to get the roundels from that. I can still build the new one as it comes with alternative US markings. Just a coat of matt varnish needed now to finish this one off.

Posted Image

The new boxing could be arriving here soon.

TimJ
Member Avatar

As the Spitfire is nearly done a Jaguar XKR GT3 has leapt onto the bench. The plan for this one is.... I think the photos will show it isn't going to be totally OOB. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll be doing some detail painting on the interior to break up the silver. On the outside it will have red wheels, mirrors and sills.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Red boxes on the Bench · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket