AMSIG logo
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to AMSIG Airfix Modeling Special Interest Group part of the IPMS(UK) network.
Membership of AMSIG is open to modellers of all abilities whatever their age, gender or nationality, there are no entry requirements other than wanting to enjoy the Airfix brand. Most of us are modellers but those who prefer just to collect, or research, or talk about Airfix are welcome too.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

To join, please simply register above.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Model Show Purchases
Topic Started: Dec 15 2015, 02:55 PM (3,623 Views)
ants models

Airfix warrior,1/72 fw190,1/72 air assault set off Colin from black Friday sale,airfix anson/hudson from colin and 3 airfix placemats from a trader at the poynton model show
Edited by thomasweir, Jul 17 2016, 08:38 PM.
OFFLINE Profile Quote Goto Top

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
1/72 S & M Models Provost and two Airfix placemats from the Stockport show.

ants models

At the Bolton show I an bought airfix 1/72 tempest£3, 2x revell 1/76 ivl/70 £6,humbrol/heller 1/72 hurricane mk2c £1,airfix 1/72 hurricane mk1b £1,airfix newish tool 1/72 p40 £3,airfix 1/48 mkvb spit old tool £2 ,revell bvp194 £1 a 0-1mm pin vice and 2 sheets of plasticard.

IanW

At Bolton I splashed out most of my kit budget for the year!

Spent a whole £1 on this 1/72 Kiel Kraft Sopwith Camel.

Kiel Kraft as a plastic model kit manufacturer? I remember building (and crashing) quite a few of their balsa wood and tissue kits back in the 50's -(ahh - the smell of cellulose dope in the afternoons... - but don't recall plastic kits.

After looking on the web I think it dates from the 1950's - certainly pre-decimal as the box is hand marked at 3s/1p reduced to 2s/9p. Looks like they only produced 2 plastic aircraft kits, this and a Hurricane, but did some 1/76 vehicles.

Posted Image

Was in the half price sale on one of the trader stands - looks all there including decal sheet but minus instruction sheet.
Posted Image

The other purchase was from the lucky dip bargain box under the host club table - mostly priced at £3 each, but got these two Indycar boxes for £5.

AMT/ERTL 1.25 Penske PC-17
Contents still sealed in bag but decals look a bit discoloured
Posted Image

Monogram 1/24 Lola Judd.
Posted Image

This box was stuffed full of parts but no decals. Some parts had been (badly) glued together and many are off the sprues so not sure how much is missing.
Two instruction sheets, one for the Lola and one for a Revell Reynard.

After roughly sorting out the main bits it looks like the box actually contains parts from 3 kits.

The Lola
Posted Image

The Reynard
Posted Image

and these for one that I have not yet identified, but it looks a bit Lola-ish.
Posted Image

There were also 3 sets of wheels and 11 tyres.
Posted Image

I haven't looked at the parts in detail, but, given what might be missing, I am thinking along the lines of building them all up as an Indy 500 multi-car shunt diorama.

Despite this extravagant attack on the budget, I did get some other things - good job the other half lent me £25 before I set off for the show, two Tamiya paints, a turntable for spraying, some CA Kicker and spent £45 in a pillar drill stand that can take various sized drill/multi-tool bodies - most such stands have a fixed diameter tool clamp which is somewhat limiting. Just the device to help with drilling out the portholes on the Titanic that I am planning for the Revell-Ations forum Group Build - hoping to recover some of the cost by not breaking multiple micro-drill bits which is easy to do using a pin-vice or Archimedes drill.
Edited by IanW, Jan 18 2016, 01:24 PM.

peebeep
Member Avatar

There's a good listing of the Keil Kraft stuff with timelines on Scalemates

I've never bought either of the aircraft kits, but I have a good number of the vehicles.

peebeep
Edited by peebeep, Jan 18 2016, 01:53 PM.

IanW

Thanks for the link - I had found it but am a bit confused with the two aircraft kits as they give the date for the Hurricane as 197* whereas the Camel is given as 195*, but the product numbers are F1 for the Hurricane and F2 for the Camel. I guess these things are lost in the mists of time.

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
No kits from the Bolton show although I was tempted by a few.

Two Humbrol rattle cans, a pot of Tamiya paint and a cheap painting turntable was all I came away with.

thomasweir
Member Avatar
Administrator
The cheap painting turntable is pretty good for the large kits like my 1/32 Lynx under way but it doesn't turn much :fear:

TimJ
Member Avatar

My Bolton purchases were a couple of Tamiya spraycans, an Italeri 1/35 Zundapp motorbike & sidecar £6.00 and a Lindberg 1/32 Packard Roadster for £1.00. :D

ants models

Bought 29 kits 10+ decal sheets and 1 weathering pigment at Huddersfield today

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMSIG Show Model Purchases · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket