|~ These are the AussieForum TOU ~
1. No direct or indirect personal attacks. You are expected to be polite, and respectful of other people's opinions. Criticise ideas, not people. If you post your opinion, you must accept that some members may disagree with you and they may post a reply to that effect. If this happens, please do not take it as a personal attack. They are entitled to their opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. Having people disagree with you is a natural consequence of participating in a public forum. (For example, use - “Your opinion on [subject] is stupid because [continue debate]” instead of “You’re stupid for saying that!”) If someone complains to us about a post that you have made that they consider defamatory, we will delete it as soon as we can - this is for YOUR protection.
2. Do not flame or troll (for example: deliberately pick a fight with another member & follow them throughout the forum threads that they post in with the intent to stir)
3. Do not harass, embarrass, threaten, or cause distress or discomfort to any other AussieForum member, user, or other individual or entity (For example - threats about action you will take to cause hurt & embarrassment, false information or libel, bullying)
4. Do not post any material that is sexually-orientated, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, abusive, hateful, or threatening. (For example - including but not limited to racist remarks/slogans, terrorism acts or promotion. Do not post viruses or any other harmful computer software. No naked breasts or genitals) Not only are our forums open to people from age 13, but they are also viewed by many people at work, school or other places where unexpected adult content is inappropriate. Posts and threads deemed inappropriate will be deleted.
5. Do not impersonate any person, including any AussieForum member, moderator or Admin.
6. Do not disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in a thread or otherwise act in a manner that affects other members negatively.
7. No excessive profanity. Please take into consideration that this forum can be used by people from age 13. Do not try to get around the word censor. Some words are automatically censored by the forum software; this means we don't want you to post them!
8. Please limit the size of pictures and signatures so they do not distort and interrupt the flow of the forum.
9. You may not abuse the report system by sending in false reports and/or flooding the system with duplicate reports.
10. Do not Spam, send chain letters, or post pyramid schemes. Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same or a similar message, in an attempt to force the message on people. For example - telling members of the same thing in every second thread you enter. Also includes individual members flooding the forum with similar threads.
11. Do not post any content that breaks local, state, county, national or international law. (Includes things you would be charged for if caught by the police. For example - Child porn & drug paraphernalia or links to such sites)
12. Do not post any material which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of privacy, and material which is protected by copyright, trademark or any other proprietary right. (Includes but not limited to: members private information like real name, email address, phone number, residential/business address, personal messages etc) Do not post contact details of yourself or on behalf of anyone else. This includes, but is not limited to, email addresses and telephone numbers. If you wish to share YOUR details with someone, use the PM system.
Do not post any images that are subject to copyright if you are not the copyright owner of or do not have the copyright owner's permission to post.
Copying and pasting an entire news article from a news website into a forum post could be considered violation of copyright. You are responsible for your own actions as a forum user, therefore you could be held accountable for the violation of copyright.
Instead of posting an entire article, you should:
* Post the title of the article;
* Include a small excerpt/teaser (we suggest no more than 10% of the entire article);
* Include a link to the original article on the news website.
* If from a local paper (not online), add the paper name & date as well as the author and page number.
Copying from other types of websites into a forum post or using images from another website without permission is also a violation of copyright. You should check if you have permission, and be sure to include a reference and a link back to the original source.
13. Do not post information about hacking or cheating, including for internet/online games (Including but not limited to - Cracks, Passwords, Warez, Serial Numbers, Roms, & CD-Keys)
14. "Private Messages"/"Emails"
AussieForum has a "Private Message" (PM) system available for members use. This is also how moderators and administration make you aware of breaches of TOU.
These messages are called private because they are not available for public view like your other forum posts.
Posting and/or forwarding private conversations including, but not limited to: personal messages, e-mail conversations, hidden, altered or removed content (which includes system messages regarding warns and bans) will result in a ban.
Offensive, illegal, abusive, threatening or deliberately inflammatory messages are not to be sent to other users.
Private Messages may be 'reported'. When a PM is reported, both admin and moderators have access to view the Private Message. Reported PM's may result in a warn or ban.
15. Linking to other forums (including but not limited to offshoot Forums made up of the majority of members of EmailCash™, RewardsCentral™, SmileCity™ etc, and which includes any name, image or description that represents these) is not permitted. This includes links in posts, signatures and member profiles. We cannot be sure that these Forums do not breach the ZetaBoards TOU of 3.1 Prohibited Content
16. Do not post a link to a website that breaches any of the above rules.
17. Do not use the AussieForum forum if you are in serious danger of suicide or harming yourself in any way. Forum members are not mental health professionals or counsellors and are not equipped or skilled to provide counselling if you are in danger of harming yourself. Call lifeline in Australia on 13 11 14, another emergency counselling service or a doctor or health care professional.
18. Multiple accounts are not permitted on AussieForum (no more than one account per person) Sharing of accounts is also prohibited. We understand that there are quite a few Husband/ Wife/ Partners/ Flat Mates etc here. If you are worried we may over look your situation or if you feel your account has been unfairly denied then please email Admin at AussieForum@hotmail.com
19. Admin decision is final (Admin and Mods work as a team. All issues are discussed and debated upon behind the scenes between all of us. At times admin may be unavailable and moderators will act how they see fit following the TOU.) No discussion will be entered into with members about actions on the board, including posting questions or challenges on the Forum.
If an action is taken that a member does not agree with, they are welcome to contact Admin (luvlee79 or Lis_A) by PM for it to be reviewed, who will then look over the posts that have been a concern, and the reaction of others, plus history of the member. Do not harass moderators/admin via the PM system about actions taken on the board. You may have your PM function removed for a period of time if you do.
Threats towards Admin/Mods will not be tolerated and result in an immediate ban. TOU also cover admin/mods.
Members are reminded that they are responsible for the content they post. If the content is in any way a breach of TOU, then action WILL be taken to make the post compliant, or remove the offending post.
If you violate any of these rules, this is what may happen:
* Your message may be edited or deleted without notice by AussieForum moderators/admin, also by ZetaBoards staff who do pop in every now and then.
* You may be suspended from posting in the forum for any length of time.
* Your AussieForum membership may be cancelled.
* Where applicable State or Federal laws have been violated, law enforcement authorities will be notified.
(View 'Warnings and Bans' information below)
It is a condition of membership:
b) post an introduction on joining the forum
c) post in the forum at least once every 3 months to keep your account active, or you may revert to a 'beginner', or have your account removed.
Further, by becoming a member you indicate your agreement that the contents of all messages/posts/threads are the responsibility of the individual message posters and therefore agree not to hold AussieForum, ZetaBoards, the Forum Operators or any other entity associated with the Forums responsible or in any way liable for damages of any kind with respect to the content of any message on the AussieForum Forums and to the extent permitted by law you waive all rights to make any claims against AussieForum, ZetaBoards, the Forum Operators or any other entity associated with the Forums. You agree that if you have a complaint about a message contained within the Forums your first and only action will be to notify a Moderator/Administrator so that we may remove the message if necessary.
Posters are reminded that any posts made are subject to TOU of AussieForum and are also subject to litigation should they prove to be defamatory. Posters who post obvious illegal material will be referred to the appropriate State or Federal Law Enforcement Authorities in Australia. Posters understand that any content uploaded or posted to ZetaBoards may be displayed on a forum by ZetaBoards. You grant ZetaBoards the right to display and store the Content you provide. Posts made remain the intellectual property of the Original Poster and cannot be copied and pasted/reproduced outside AussieForum/ZetaBoards without the permission of the Original Poster. However since this is a public forum, posters must accept that there may be editing and moderation of inappropriate posts without prior notice by Moderators, Administration & ZetaBoards staff.
MEMBERS: Please remember that the TOU of the forum also apply to the AussieForum Facebook page, as do the Facebook Terms which can be found here;
Warnings and Bans:
Forum warnings and bans are used if the forum rules are broken.
Moderators/Admin give warns and notify of bans via PM. Sometimes a reminder will be posted in a thread (e.g. "Please refrain from posting direct or indirect personal attacks, continuous breach of TOU will result in a ban for offenders")
There is not a set table for bans or ban periods - it is largely dependent on the offence, the circumstance, the past behaviour of the member and so on.
Usual bans can be as little as a 3 hour time out, 24hrs, 3 days, a week, 2 weeks, a month etc. Longer bans will result for those who consistently breach tou, or for serious breaches.
Post approval can also occur if deemed necessary. If no mod/admin is online at the time, these may take some time to be approved. Permanent bans can also occur. Members with long bans will be added to the 'banned' group.
If your account is banned, you as a person are banned. Do not create another account once banned.
Every ban that is issued has a reason. At times admin may be unavailable and moderators will act how they feel fit, if you have questions about your ban or feel that it is unjustified, please contact an administrator (luvlee79 or Lis_A) via PM for it to be reviewed, who will then look over the posts that have been a concern, and the reaction of others, plus history of the member, as well as discuss the issue as a team.
Any questions regarding warnings or bans are to be sent to the Administrators via the PM system and are NOT to be questioned or challenged on the Forum, to do so will result in thread deletion and may result in another ban.
When a mod/admin use the warn system, it will show as a 'system message' or 'Moderator message' in your PM's
When the warn system is used, it keeps a record for the other team members to see.
You will be sent a copy of what we see, so you know what tou is breached.
The title of the message will be:
'Warn level change' or 'Moderator message' (This can be a warn increase, warn reduction or no change message)
'Account restriction' (a ban from posting which could be any where from 3 hours to a few months)
It will not say who it is from, only that it is a system message and will say what breach of tou occurred that required a warning.
The majority of our TOS is based on the requirements set by Zetaboards.
'Terms of service' of Zetaboards is between Zetaboards and the maker of this forum.
Many thanks to Overclockers Australia Forum regarding some Legal insight regarding Forums in Australia.
Due to an incident on the forum, AussieForum Admin now have to approve accounts on registration. We will try our best to approve new accounts within 24 hours. Please Remember: Multiple accounts are not permitted on AussieForum. We understand that there are quite a few Husband/ Wife/ Partners/ Flat Mates etc here. If you are worried we may over look your situation or if you feel your account has been unfairly denied then please email Admin at AussieForum@hotmail.com If your account is banned, you as a person are banned. Do not create another account once banned. Do not share another members account once banned, as that account will be banned as well.
Some adjustments may be made on these rules by Admin in the future. Members will be notified of any adjustments through the forum.
# Owner: aussieforum, member no.1
# Administrators: Lis_A, luvlee79
# Moderators: mrsgrumpy, Shilaraz