|The most important rule for these forums, under which all other rules fall, is this: don't be a dickhead! These are privately dictated forums, and so we decide what can and can't be posted here. Don't complain about freedom of speech; you don't have any here, except for that which we delegate to you. The BBQ is more lenient than other forums, but excessively breaking any of the below rules will not make you excempt from anything.
1. Post new threads in the right forum. For example, don't put off topic threads in WWE. If you have too many threads closed or moved you'll end up in alcatraz or banned.
2. If we delete, lock or move your thread, don't post it again in that forum. We had a good reason for deleting it or whatever we may have done.
3. Don't troll. Unless the thread is stupendously retarded, just go somewhere else if you hate a thread. Don't point out that the thread sucks or whatever you had in mind.
4. Don't spam (making useless topics or posts). Before you reply to a thread, ask yourself, "Does this post contribute to the thread?" If not, don't bother. Same thing goes with making new threads.
5. Search the forums before making a new topic. Someone may have already posted a similar thread. If the last time the topic was discussed was more than a month ago, then it's considered a new topic.If you have three closed threads within a short period of time you will be sent to alcatraz so that you will finally choose to familiarize yourself with the rules.
6. Keep flaming to a minimal. Yes, sometimes the posters here behave like complete asses, and we understand that. If you do feel the need to make a personal attack on someone, don't go overboard with it. Keep a cool head, please. Additionally be open to others having the right to have views and don't degrade them for having an opinion. Things like that discourage discussions and do more harm than good If it becomes insulting enough, bannings may ensue.If someone makes a truly idiotic statement it's ok to let them know that they need to shut up or whatever as long as it's not excessive. The mods will decide what's excessive but are subject to the same warnings as any registered member.
7. Keep your signatures modest. You're allowed one picture in your sig (400x400 combined) and a few lines of text. If your signature exceeds this, we will edit it for you. If you restore it to its original condition (or an equivalent), we'll ban you. NO MOVING PICS, as it can slow down the comp for those with dial up modems. The same applies to Avatars!
8. We've got a bunch of smilies and custom IPB code here. If you want to know what they are, look at the bottom of your posting screen. There should be a link to all our smilies and custom vb code.
9. If you have a question or comment pertaining to the forums, post it in Feedback. If you're an asshole about your comment, you'll probably be banned - so be courteous!
10. We have no avatars for your use. You can be big boys and girls and find your own. You can also edit your title in your control panel.
11. If you want to post an image in your post, the correct tag is . In other words, type [/img], then the url of your pic, then type [/img]. take the / out of the first.
12. Don't stir up drama. That's annoying and pointless. So don't do it! This includes making threads against mods that should take place in pm discussions or getting involved with situations that do not directly involve you. State your opinion if you desire but accpept that decisions will stand and let it go. If you go too far it's a bannable offense based on rule 17.
13. Have fun! That's what this forum is for, afterall.
14. Don't be annoying. When a mod or admin asks you to stop doing something, just do what they asked. Don't try to be clever by doing just the opposite of whatever they asked you to do.
15. Gimmick accounts. Ok, we've had some clever and not so clever gimmick accounts here. The rule is, their existence is at the admins' / mods' discretion. If your gimmick is amusing, you'll probably get to stay. If your gimmick sucks or isn't funny or is stirring up lots of drama, it will probably be banned.
16. BREAKING ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES CAN RESULT IN A BANNING OR TRIP TO ALCATRAZ. We take it case by case, meaning that we look at your past posting record. You have a warning meter to indicate major warnings. 100% means a trip to alcatraz. You can be sent there for less if the mods or admins have good reason for it. (For example too many closed threads indicate that you're too lazy to look around and should learn to read the rules. Another example is a long history of spamming or flaming meaning that you have ignored all past warnings and just don't give a shit. If you've been a pretty decent poster in the past, we'll usually let misbehavior slide, to a certain extent. But if you're new, and you've been flaming people left and right, we'll probably put you out of your misery right away. Don't push us though; we'll get rid of you if you become too much of a nuisance, no matter how long you've been around. Basically, you'll want to establish yourself as a good poster as soon as possible.
17. Some things will get you banned without any warning. These include:
A. posting child porn, bestiality porn, or inappropriate crap where it is not specified ok. (Porn can be posted in the BustedPorn forum)
B. flooding the forums with spam, image spamming or whatever else you had in mind.
C. Advertising anywhere but in your signature.
D. Impersonating a mod or admin.
E. Actions detrimental to people's overall enjoyment of coming the forums whether it be acting like an idiot or taunting other posters.
F. Repeated Failure to comply with any or several of the rules
G. Hate Threads against mods or blatanlty flaming them without provocation
H. Being a nuisance to the forums
I. Don't start shit with the the mod or admin team. They probably won't put up with you.
J Requesting advertisements for pm
18. The rules mentioned in this list DO NOT apply to the creators of BQpartDeux, their immediate families, nor the admins. They can do pretty much what they please. Nor any editing, removing or closing of posts that has been created by said individuals are not allowed, without the expressed written permission of the owner of BQ.
|11:27 PM May 22|