Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Click here to register. We have cookies.

Username:   Password:
Vigil's Keep vs Amaranthine
Topic Started: Dec 1 2010, 09:57 PM (56,694 Views)
philiposophy
Member Avatar
Unmannered Samurai
Vigil's Keep can hold out on its own when fully upgraded.

But burning Amaranthine to the ground is the only way to be sure the taint is eradicated.

What should you do?
Prose before hoes.

fongiel
Member Avatar
Thong of God
I save Amaranthine. Not much point to having a castle in the middle of nowhere. The Epilogue plays down the impact of Amaranthine being lost, but I can't imagine it'd be a good thing for the kingdom to lose one of the few major cities not already devastated by the Blight.
The_Numerator: Minnesota is like... northern Alberta. And southern Alberta is like Texas. So Alberta is like Texassoda.

Onyx Jaguar
Member Avatar
Method Actor
I love this decision, this is exactly what I think of when I think of a choice, something that actually affects gameplay.

Generally I think the right thing to do is to try to save Amarinthine, again a fully upgraded keep can withstand a lot. But conversely retreating to back up your forces that are getting assaulted by a darkspawn army is also wise.

So in that sense eradicating the threat by destroying AMarinthine while going back to take on the Darkspawn army is the most thorough and while it might not be the right thing morally, strategically it is the most sound.

Plus on a meta-level, going back to save the Keep ends up seeming much more emotionally fulfilling than saving Amarinthine.
"Are my methods unsound?"
"...I don't see... any method... at all sir..."

magelet: "Hahahaa BOOMERS CAN'T USE WRENCHES. THEY COULD EXPLODE THEMSELVES"

philiposophy
Member Avatar
Unmannered Samurai
Yeah, in my first run I saved Amaranthine. I feel that the Keep holding out and Amaranthine being saved is the closest to an "everybody lives" the game allows. I do intend to burn it at least once though, just to see how it pans out.

Oh and for the silly little achievement :lol:
Prose before hoes.

Onyx Jaguar
Member Avatar
Method Actor
You should go back and save the Keep, the gameplay even changes at well. It resembles the end of Origins mroe than just the run through town of Amarinthine. There is quite an epic yet overwhelming feel about it
"Are my methods unsound?"
"...I don't see... any method... at all sir..."

magelet: "Hahahaa BOOMERS CAN'T USE WRENCHES. THEY COULD EXPLODE THEMSELVES"

Posted Image AntiChri5
Member Avatar
Spiral Champion
Vigils keep is a fortress.

It is gettin attacked? Well thats what it is for.

Amaranthine is under attack? Hmmm. Thats where all the people live. Better do somethig about that.

fongiel
Member Avatar
Thong of God
I found the gameplay that results from going back to Vigil's Keep more fun than saving Amaranthine unfortunately. Amaranthine is just the same old hack-and-slash. Vigil's Keep seemed to have more varied situations and enemies.
The_Numerator: Minnesota is like... northern Alberta. And southern Alberta is like Texas. So Alberta is like Texassoda.

Giggles_Manically
Member Avatar
Elder
I am ashamed to admit but I do meta game here.

The ending slides for letting Amaranthine burn are not very nice.
Why yes I am proud to be a Canadian.

Courier: Any thought's on Caesar's Legion?
Boone: Lots of thoughts. All about the best ways to kill them.

TMALIVE
Member Avatar
Elder
My choice was "Wardens are ment to be sacrifice for the people. Not sacrifice people to save themselves." So I saved the city. I thought I updated the Keep to survive, but because I couldn't finish the bombs quest (bug), the keep fell after a week of assaults. The only one that died was Justice, but the survivors seemed bitter.
Posted Image

Old Man Cthulhu
Member Avatar
Direct Control Assumer
philiposophy
Dec 1 2010, 09:57 PM
Vigil's Keep can hold out on its own when fully upgraded.

But burning Amaranthine to the ground is the only way to be sure the taint is eradicated.

What should you do?

I have a few where I kept the city, and few were I burned it to cinders.
Varric is my persuade option.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Dragon Age Universe · Next Topic »