Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Click here to register. We have cookies.

Username:   Password:
The Avengers; Yes, I'm excited.
Topic Started: Oct 11 2011, 04:40 PM (53,086 Views)
Posted ImageJohn Shepard
Member Avatar
It Happened
The Avengers Trailer

Nerdgasm.

Posted Image

Posted Image

MarkusWhatever
Member Avatar
Guru
Could be good.

Stormkitten
Member Avatar
Savant
Is it bad I always think of Steed and Mrs Peel first, and then have to go 'Oh, yeah. -That- Avengers.'

Premier Bromanov
Member Avatar

I don't care about how much of a douchebag Norton was to the production of the "Hulk" movie, he understood Bruce Banner perfectly. Bruce isn't a pretty-boy scientist, that's what Stark is there for. Bruce is a frazzled scientist cursed with a world-shattering power.
"Tits are life, ass is hometown." - Kenichiro Takaki

jillyfae
Member Avatar
"we're all mad here"
Stormkitten
Oct 11 2011, 04:55 PM
Is it bad I always think of Steed and Mrs Peel first, and then have to go 'Oh, yeah. -That- Avengers.'
I DO THE EXACT SAME THING!

:brofist: 8)

Also, yes, Norton was an exceptional Banner, and I just can't see Ruffalo (sp?) being even remotely comparable. Ok, if you have to recast him, why did you pick someone who does not come across as a cursed genius. He just doesn't
"Epistemophilia is the drive for knowledge, just like libido is the sex drive." http://scipsy.tumblr.com/
"If you're a writer, you'll write." Chuck Wendig
"Thou shalt scorn everything with more than 4 legs." fongiel

widowspeak
Member Avatar
She of Many Names
I was thinking the same thing, Jilly. Seeing Ruffalo there was very jarring.
Quote:

AbstractWhiz: After a while everyone knows your particular brand of crazy. We all seem to have our own flavors. We're the Baskin Robbins of positive internet lunacy.
---
Caution: Writer at Work

Fanfiction :: BulletproofPixel :: My Webpage :: Science/Triangle

---
If you want some unique gifts for yourself or loved ones, check out my Etsy page. :)
---
"The English language has rules for a reason. Abusing them doesn't make you a special snowflake, it makes you an idiot."
--source unknown

Onyx Jaguar
Member Avatar
Method Actor
I'm hoping that it will result in some of Marvel film in joke that recasts The Hulk every single time

/also liked Norton's performance
"Are my methods unsound?"
"...I don't see... any method... at all sir..."

magelet: "Hahahaa BOOMERS CAN'T USE WRENCHES. THEY COULD EXPLODE THEMSELVES"

jillyfae
Member Avatar
"we're all mad here"
:lol:

I suppose, gotta take some humor in it where we can?

It's really just a bizarre choice. There are plenty of actors who have pulled off tortured scientists... *shrugs*

Though, now I'm wondering who'd I'd have tried to cast instead, if I'd had to replace Norton... Thoughts?
"Epistemophilia is the drive for knowledge, just like libido is the sex drive." http://scipsy.tumblr.com/

Onyx Jaguar
Member Avatar
Method Actor
I can't really think of anything, seems like anyone would be a bit of a step down

"Are my methods unsound?"
"...I don't see... any method... at all sir..."

magelet: "Hahahaa BOOMERS CAN'T USE WRENCHES. THEY COULD EXPLODE THEMSELVES"

widowspeak
Member Avatar
She of Many Names
Russell Crowe came to mind. For what reason, I have no idea whatsoever. :blink:
Edited by widowspeak, Oct 11 2011, 06:53 PM.
Quote:

AbstractWhiz: After a while everyone knows your particular brand of crazy. We all seem to have our own flavors. We're the Baskin Robbins of positive internet lunacy.
---

---
If you want some unique gifts for yourself or loved ones, check out my Etsy page. :)
---
"The English language has rules for a reason. Abusing them doesn't make you a special snowflake, it makes you an idiot."
--source unknown

jillyfae
Member Avatar
"we're all mad here"
Beautiful Mind, probably. ;) (Wasn't that him?)

Also, I like Russel Crowe. A lot of people don't though, and Banner's usually a wiry sort of fellow to contrast better with Hulk.

I'd watch him be Banner, though. He'd be intense enough. :lol:

widowspeak
Member Avatar
She of Many Names
jillyfae
Oct 11 2011, 06:56 PM
Beautiful Mind, probably. ;) (Wasn't that him?)

Also, I like Russel Crowe. A lot of people don't though, and Banner's usually a wiry sort of fellow to contrast better with Hulk.

I'd watch him be Banner, though. He'd be intense enough. :lol:
Well, the second one to come to mind was Gerard Butler, and number three was Colin Ferrel, but I don't think those choices are quite right, either. :uncertain:

But, oh yeah. I'd DEFINITELY watch Crowe as Hulk. Would be quite interesting, imo.
Quote:

---

---
---
--source unknown

jillyfae
Member Avatar
"we're all mad here"
Yes Crowe could pull it off. :) I mean, for Ruffalo... I don't know, I almost think I'd rather watch Justin Long as Banner, cause I could picture him setting up an incredibly complicated experiment and then accidentally getting zapped by it... :lol:

widowspeak
Member Avatar
She of Many Names
jillyfae
Oct 11 2011, 07:04 PM
Yes Crowe could pull it off. :) I mean, for Ruffalo... I don't know, I almost think I'd rather watch Justin Long as Banner, cause I could picture him setting up an incredibly complicated experiment and then accidentally getting zapped by it... :lol:
HOLY SHIT! :lol: I would TOTALLY pay to see that. Then again, Justin Long can do no wrong, so far as I'm concerned. :D
Quote:

---

---
---
--source unknown

Sia
Member Avatar
The General
Actually, don't dismiss Rufallo quite yet. He's done some pretty dark things. And he was the only watchable actor in Shutter Island.

That being said, after all the foreplay for this movie, it had better fucking rock my world.
Piss off your local school district. Read a banned and uncensored book.
Writing sucks, but someone has to do it. The Shepard Project: Persephone Rising, FF.Net, AO3.
"Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?"

jillyfae
Member Avatar
"we're all mad here"
He is a very good actor.

He just doesn't fit with the style of the rest of the cast, imho.

It might make for a really good movie once they're done, however. I'll still go watch it after all.

EssenceEngine
Member Avatar
Huhuhuhuhu
Damn, I have not even seen Thor or Captain America yet. To the Movie Mobil!
Quote:

The source of wisdom guides those who do not comprehend it.

Wait for the end of the world to come or wind up accidentally triggering it ourselves... what a choice...
-Isaac of Vale

Quote:

Someday, you'll have a shotgun that shoots swords, and then you'll understand.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/94/5a/45/945a459b965aa797c3abfc3b5f8e3769.jpg

Sia
Member Avatar
The General
Well, that's the point. From what my comic book geek husband tells me, Bruce Banner doesn't fit in. He/Hulk ends up the outsider and somewhat ostracized. Until they dump his ass on a planet somewhere where he can't destroy Earth.
Piss off your local school district. Read a banned and uncensored book.
Writing sucks, but someone has to do it. The Shepard Project: Persephone Rising, FF.Net, AO3.
"Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?"

jillyfae
Member Avatar
"we're all mad here"
He fit in for decades before the whole Civil War debacle. :P

Raphael diSanto
Member Avatar
Dangerously Brilliant
Heh. Edward Norton is the reason I still haven't seen the latest hulk movie. You'll forgive me for being pleased he's not in this one.
Dum vivimus, vivamus!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Entertainment · Next Topic »