Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
hi

Username:   Password:
Random video game chatter
Topic Started: Nov 2 2011, 11:37 AM (369,526 Views)
tigrina
Member Avatar
Sage
Aww...

A Wizard Did It
Member Avatar
Professional Bun Inspector
http://www.whatwouldmolydeux.com/

Could be interesting...

"I designed a point and click adventure many years ago where you had to gain the trust of the pointer so it didn't lie to you"

Just completely brilliant.
I'd kill you, but the fucking bees

Johnny was a chemist's son
But now Johnny is no more
What Johnny thought was H2O
Was H2SO4

Posted Image

Posted ImageJohn Shepard
Member Avatar
It Happened
Wut?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Chignon
Member Avatar
TCR Art Agent
Quote:

Hey everyone,

With last week marking the one year anniversary of the release of Dragon Age II, I wanted to take the time to share some news and some great milestones we’ve had lately with Dragon Age. And though I can’t say too much, I also want to briefly address what is coming in the future.

First, I was delighted to hear that the Dragon Age brand has passed one million “Likes” on Facebook! This was an incredible reminder for me, and our entire team, that there are a lot of you out there who are invested in the franchise and who want to explore the world more. From all of us, I want to send a massive thank you!

Next, the latest and greatest patch for DAII is out, addressing a number of the issues you have helped us track on our tech support forums. Thank you again to those of you who took the time to submit feedback in order to help us make the game better.

And finally, while we will still be keeping an eye out for any issues that might crop up in DAII and supporting the community should any emergencies should arise, we’re moving the entire team’s focus to the next phase of Dragon Age’s future.

You’ve most certainly heard the rumors floating around, and unfortunately I can’t really comment on them. However, what I can say is that we’ve been thinking a lot about Dragon Age – what it means, and where it could go. This past year, we’ve spent a lot of time both going back to the “BioWare vault” of games and re-examining them, and looking at some new possibilities that today’s industry allows.

With that, the next thing for the Dragon Age team members and I to do is hear from you, and not just on the forums, or Facebook, or Twitter. We’ll be attending a number of conventions and gatherings, including PAX East in April. The most valuable thing we can get out of those meetings is to hear from you on those same topics – what does Dragon Age mean to you, and where would you like to see it go? We’re excited to hear what you have to say!
On behalf of the entire team, we are incredibly eager to reach the moment when we can tell you more and show you where we are taking Dragon Age. But for now, thank you for your continued support, and we will be back here with more as soon as we can.

Thanks,
Mark

Source
Against All Odds

Posted ImageTommy
Member Avatar
Good kid

Good to hear.
"And the day came when it hit me like lightning through my veins
A sudden change in my groove, in my walk
I got my lion heart and electric flowing through my brain
Shocking waves make me feel I can float
It's like this city is mine and the dark is my cave
I can't explain this sudden peace in my walk, I sure hope
I'm living my life as if I got powers
And tonight I feel immortal
I said tonight I feel immortal" -Immortal, by Kid Cudi

Chignon
Member Avatar
TCR Art Agent
Quote:

Darrah went on to reveal that there was going to be an expansion pack for Dragon Age 2 called Exalted March. "There were even shirts!" he shared, but "other DA opportunities came up" and prevented the expansion ever happening.

Link

Posted Image
Against All Odds

LuckyMedic
Member Avatar
CarsSwagPlanes

Chignon
Mar 20 2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:

Darrah went on to reveal that there was going to be an expansion pack for Dragon Age 2 called Exalted March. "There were even shirts!" he shared, but "other DA opportunities came up" and prevented the expansion ever happening.

Link

Posted Image
I haven't played DA2 in a while why the gif?
Posted Image

JOKELEY ©EllaNutella 7/5/11

Chignon
Member Avatar
TCR Art Agent
Because I loved DA2 to little, tiny pieces. I'm sad that they scrapped an expansion.
Against All Odds

tigrina
Member Avatar
Sage
One of those times that the 'I told you' doesn't feel good actually.

Glad they officially clarified that now though. And looking forward to whatever the DA team will come up with next.

magelet
Member Avatar
Lady of Caps Lock
Probably because there were so many people who really disliked it. I'm not too surprised, really.

tigrina
Member Avatar
Sage
Still sad.

Posted ImageTommy
Member Avatar
Good kid

Chignon
Mar 20 2012, 01:25 AM
Because I loved DA2 to little, tiny pieces. I'm sad that they scrapped an expansion.
:tick:

Thordy
Member Avatar
Cat of Thor
I think an expansion could have helped, honestly. Or even an extended DLC?

Chignon
Member Avatar
TCR Art Agent
I'm not surprised either. Just sad. As I've already said.

... Shutting up now.
Against All Odds

Posted ImageTommy
Member Avatar
Good kid

An expansion (probably) would have meant more Isabela and Varric screen time. Would have been awesome.

Chignon
Member Avatar
TCR Art Agent
Carver. Sebastian. Isabela.

;_;

Against All Odds

jillyfae
Member Avatar
"we're all mad here"
Chignon
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Character_Discussion/single/?p=8325267&t=7105502
Quote:

Link

Posted Image

Chignon
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Character_Discussion/single/?p=8325303&t=7105502
Carver. Sebastian. Isabela.

;_;

*I'm just going to be over here, gross sobbing with Chignon*

With a title like that, I bet that was the thing Hepler teased about Sebastian, too, which means his story arc is probably doomed to never exist.
"Epistemophilia is the drive for knowledge, just like libido is the sex drive." http://scipsy.tumblr.com/
"If you're a writer, you'll write." Chuck Wendig
"Thou shalt scorn everything with more than 4 legs." fongiel

A Wizard Did It
Member Avatar
Professional Bun Inspector
Count me in the camp that's fairly glad that they are devoting themselves on DA3 instead of an expansion for DA2. I know there are many folks here who love DA2, but honestly the franchise could not sustain another game like DA2 and survive. They really need to turn it around with this one and devote all of their time and energy to reviving the name of the series.
Edited by A Wizard Did It, Mar 20 2012, 07:13 AM.
I'd kill you, but the fucking bees

Johnny was a chemist's son
But now Johnny is no more
What Johnny thought was H2O
Was H2SO4

Posted Image

jillyfae
Member Avatar
"we're all mad here"
I know logically and economically they don't really have a choice...

but if they'd been given time to finish 2 properly, maybe it would've been received better, and I could've gotten my damn Starkhaven story arc. :dry:

/still bitter
"Epistemophilia is the drive for knowledge, just like libido is the sex drive." http://scipsy.tumblr.com/
"If you're a writer, you'll write." Chuck Wendig
"Thou shalt scorn everything with more than 4 legs." fongiel

Evil Sapphyre
Member Avatar
Elder
I don't know that there is much that they could have done with more time that would have salvaged DA2 in my eyes. Unless they completely redid the entirety of Act 3 to not be horrendous.

Still sucks for the fans of 2 that the expansion got cut. (I'm fairly indifferent to the news. I can't even bring myself to complete the DLC for my other two Hawkes.)
"Any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for." ~ Charles F. Xavier

Shameless Self Promotion #1
Shameless Self Promotion #2

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Video Games · Next Topic »