Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beyond the Veil. We hope you enjoy your visit to the one and only Christian Paranormal Research, Investigation, and Discussion Community.

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY! All are welcome here as long as you follow the rules. This is a safe place for people to speak their mind, ask for help or educate themselves. There is no judgment here.

All people of all faiths and beliefs are welcomed here, but this is largely a community of people of a Judeo-Christian belief system. Derogatory comments toward the Christian faith are not tolerated here. There are countless message boards on the internet where attacking Christianity is allowed and even encouraged, this is not one of them.

Attacking those of other faiths and beliefs who elect to contribute to this board will also not be tolerated. All intelligent discussion is welcomed.

DO NOT SPAM THESE FORUMS! If you question if something is spam or not, ask a moderator before you post.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alien Life; What are your thoughts?
Topic Started: Apr 5 2011, 11:30 AM (1,582 Views)
curiousAZ
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I am curious about what everyone thinks about the possibility of life on other planets and whether or not they could be visiting earth?

Personally, I believe that God is capable of creating anything and he does not have to tell us about them. If he has the power to fill this planet with life, then he could do it on others. With that said, that does not mean that he did. I suppose that I would be more shocked to have proof that we are alone in the universe than to find out there is life on other planets. But, that is Gods will.

Now, as for anything coming here... well, I would not be surprised if something has socially and technologically advanced to the point of space travel. But, I find it highly unlikely. For another civilization to advance to that level at the same point in time that we are advancing as a society and starting space travel would be a huge coincidence, let alone factoring the distance, capability of traveling that far and direction. The percentage of chance that they "visit" just keeps shrinking. There is still a chance, but it is very tiny. So, I dont rule anything out... anything is possible. I just dont expect proof to come any time soon.

I have actually seen UFO's, in the strict sense of the word that they were "unidentified" objects flying in the air. But, unidentified simply means we dont know yet, does not mean that it was extraterrestrial in origin.
"Share the pie. Don't eat the pie. Share the pie." Share, and do so generously is my life motto.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Starfall
[ * ]
This is a topic that kind of interests me as well. I'll admit to watching Ancient Aliens, UFO Files, and other shows like that, just because I find it fascinating. I've gotten in to discussions with other Christians about the possibility of life on other planets. Some say that the Bible is clear that earth is the only planet with life on it, but I have yet to read that in my Bible. Kind of the same argument I hear about ghosts, IMO.

Anyway, I did get in a bit of hot water with some folks when I ventured to ask, if there is life on other planets, and if that life is intelligent, is it possible that those lifeforms also siinned and therefore needed salvation? Is it possible that Christ died for them too?

Yeah, I know, that is a reeeaaaallll theological stretch, and I guess it couldn't have happened, because the Bible does say that Christ died once for all, so that might have been a dumb thing to ask. But I can't help being curious about things like that...

The Director
Member Avatar
Global Administrator
[ * ]
My thoughts on that have always been that there is nothing in the Bible that says there is no possibility of life on other planets. The Bible, and especially the New Testament is a distinctly human story. It is a love story between God and the human race. In my opinion, life on other planets would have no bearing on our relationship with God. If there are other forms of life, maybe they still live in a garden of Eden type world. What would it be like if they did not sin? What would their world be like? That is some wild stuff to try to imagine... like what would have happened if Adam never sinned? How would our world be different?

curiousAZ
Member Avatar
[ * ]
The Director
Apr 6 2011, 10:43 PM
My thoughts on that have always been that there is nothing in the Bible that says there is no possibility of life on other planets. The Bible, and especially the New Testament is a distinctly human story. It is a love story between God and the human race. In my opinion, life on other planets would have no bearing on our relationship with God. If there are other forms of life, maybe they still live in a garden of Eden type world. What would it be like if they did not sin? What would their world be like? That is some wild stuff to try to imagine... like what would have happened if Adam never sinned? How would our world be different?
That is an interesting set of questions. I dont think that I have ever pondered the question of what if they dont sin. I suppose it would depend on the frame of mind and society that they come from. I mean, we can not expect them to think just like us. So, is their lack of sin due to lack of interest, lack of context, lack of independent thought (psychic connections, driven by instinct rather than emotion, etc)...... lots of things to consider.

I know on other forums the question has often come up about whether direct, internationally recognized, undeniable contact would change anyone's faith.

Personally, I dont think that proof of alien life would change my faith, or many peoples. Although, I think it would be quite interesting to see the reactions of people around the world if extraterrestrial life showed up and told us that they believe in a less common human religion, such as Native American Shamanism or Baha'i.
"Share the pie. Don't eat the pie. Share the pie." Share, and do so generously is my life motto.

curiousAZ
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Starfall
Apr 6 2011, 02:46 PM
This is a topic that kind of interests me as well. I'll admit to watching Ancient Aliens, UFO Files, and other shows like that, just because I find it fascinating. I've gotten in to discussions with other Christians about the possibility of life on other planets. Some say that the Bible is clear that earth is the only planet with life on it, but I have yet to read that in my Bible. Kind of the same argument I hear about ghosts, IMO.

Anyway, I did get in a bit of hot water with some folks when I ventured to ask, if there is life on other planets, and if that life is intelligent, is it possible that those lifeforms also siinned and therefore needed salvation? Is it possible that Christ died for them too?

Yeah, I know, that is a reeeaaaallll theological stretch, and I guess it couldn't have happened, because the Bible does say that Christ died once for all, so that might have been a dumb thing to ask. But I can't help being curious about things like that...
Hmmm, well, I cant speak on the issues of Jesus and his role in extra terrestrial alien life.

However, I don't recall any part of the Bible that says there is no life other than here on Earth.

yierbamate
[ * ]
Maybe having a better understanding of God's character and nature might put ET in proper perspective. Psalm 102:25, 123:1, Isa 66:1. If God has poured Himself into humanity, why would He create an alien race to confuse us? Nature itself speaks of the creation of God, so, why isn't there a biblical message when ET visits? Here's my challenge to you-the next time ET visits, apply 1John4:1-3 to them and record their response. I don't think they are who they say they are. That's just my opinion~
Robert

eyerobot
[ * ]
Of all the planets in the universe, god chose Earth to be a prison for fallen angels. Those angels that had known holiness from the start, And still turned away from God. In the midst of Satan, and all of his followers, god was able to raise up a people to worship him. By free choice, And with knowledge of good, And evil, They chose to love their creator, More than themselves. And they were made kings and rulers.

Now wouldnt that make one very important spectacle to the rest of the universe? To see the Rebel angels brought to justice, And a new creature, that had been tempted from the beginning with sin, That still loved its creator more than the lies of Satan.

It would give a reason for other races to visit us, but I do not believe this is the case. Because this planet is a prison, And you dont just walk into prisons.

Wether the alien craft that have been seen are true alien crafts, Demonic entities masquerading themselves to trick the human race, Or some form of humanity, That has been genetically engineered to look like aliens, Or a combination of these things, We just don't know.

One thing I do know, Is that if they ever land in public, And start telling us that we are our own God. It won't be long before someone decides to make it a law, that you have to worship humanity as God. And when that happens, We will know the end is close.

Teresa_H
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I see nowhere in the Bible mention of humanity being the only life form in the universe. I honestly feel like we would have to be incredibly arrogant to believe that in so much unexplored universe we are the only living creatures.
"Today you are you, this is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you" ~ Dr. Seuss

Renetta
[ *  * ]
Teresa_H
Aug 23 2011, 04:08 PM
I see nowhere in the Bible mention of humanity being the only life form in the universe. I honestly feel like we would have to be incredibly arrogant to believe that in so much unexplored universe we are the only living creatures.
;) I totally believe the quoted stated but I am not here as a christian but as a person on a journey from christianity toward spirituality in a sense.

Re: alien life
I believe we are all aliens. I often have wondered if those who perceive christianity biblically if they ever considered the many angels and descriptions of flying things like in Ezekiel the wheel in the wheel and the like could have been what we call aliens? Also God himself as creator could have been what we might think as alien making us also aliens. I guess the word is just such a loose definition. It's like someone mentioned about UFO's being simply unidentified objects which is nothing dastardly at all.

I know words can be interpreted in many ways and for many years I did that with the bible while in the church. It has only been recently that I have begun to see what I see as more clearly through the glass of self imposed designs and modes.

I no longer fear that there are aliens among us I even believe I am one of them. I just want you to consider it yourself if you are asking questions then why not ask the one that can free you. Who am I really and how did I get here? I certainly do not have the answers as much as I am seeking, meditating and searching for what rings true to my spirit.

I do believe our create(ors) gave us brains to consider these things to the point that we satisfy our inner longings for that peace of the place we might call home wherever that is for each of us.

Note: I am not trying to put christianity down but only to place thoughts to be considered.
Edited by Renetta, Aug 26 2011, 03:51 PM.
My prayer to the universe is that I will Maintain a Fearless Attitude as I travel in the realms.

JDP
[ *  * ]
Quote:

I often have wondered if those who perceive christianity biblically if they ever considered the many angels and descriptions of flying things like in Ezekiel the wheel in the wheel and the like could have been what we call aliens? Also God himself as creator could have been what we might think as alien making us also aliens. I guess the word is just such a loose definition. It's like someone mentioned about UFO's being simply unidentified objects which is nothing dastardly at all.

I think this thread is mainly about physical life-forms who come from another point is space. You guys are tempting me to start talking about aliens. I didn't want to post in the alien thread but you guys made me. I won't say anything else. I don't wanna talk about space-aliens. They are too far away to visit Earth. There's no reason to even believe they exist. This is all silly and I won't participate. I won't! I won't! I won't! ^o)

Now, if you will excuse me, I just bought season six of the X-Files and I need to start watching. :P

Renetta
[ *  * ]
JDP
Aug 27 2011, 01:05 AM
Quote:

I often have wondered if those who perceive christianity biblically if they ever considered the many angels and descriptions of flying things like in Ezekiel the wheel in the wheel and the like could have been what we call aliens? Also God himself as creator could have been what we might think as alien making us also aliens. I guess the word is just such a loose definition. It's like someone mentioned about UFO's being simply unidentified objects which is nothing dastardly at all.

I think this thread is mainly about physical life-forms who come from another point is space. You guys are tempting me to start talking about aliens. I didn't want to post in the alien thread but you guys made me. I won't say anything else. I don't wanna talk about space-aliens. They are too far away to visit Earth. There's no reason to even believe they exist. This is all silly and I won't participate. I won't! I won't! I won't! ^o)

Now, if you will excuse me, I just bought season six of the X-Files and I need to start watching. :P
Hold on there NOW LOL JDP I love Xfiles. Hey and why do you say aliens are too far away? What if they are here surrounding us What if they are the GREAT cloud of witnesses the bible speaks of? That occurred to me the other day.
My prayer to the universe is that I will Maintain a Fearless Attitude as I travel in the realms.

cloudyday
[ * ]
It seems like there must be intelligent life out there, because the universe is too big. One of the things that bothers me about Christianity is that it isn't universal enough. Christianity didn't exist until very recently and it isn't even universal to humans yet. I think there must be some deeper truth to Christianity that I need to find so that I can really be a Christian with my whole being. I don't think there should be a normal and a paranormal or science and religion that we keep separated.

JDP
[ *  * ]
I say the aliens are far away because this thread seems to be about biological creatures that don't live on Earth. Unless there's some bacteria or other small creature we haven't seen on the planets closest to us, then the next best and closest possibilities are planets that are so far away from us that it would take hundreds or thousands of generations for them to reach us.

cloudyday
[ * ]
JDP, it sounds like we can agree that there is other intelligent life in the universe. The question is the density and what are the upper limits for space travel. I just looked on the internet and there are 109 stars and 8 brown dwarfs within 20 light years.

JDP
[ *  * ]
There's no evidence that there's any biological life outside Earth and the International Space Station and it's not certain that it's probable or even possible that life exists on other planets at all. But let's say there was life on one of those 20-light-year-away stars. It would take something like 350,000 years to travel to it at the speed of our fastest space probe. If there were flesh-and-blood aliens traveling to Earth, they wouldn't be scientists or scouts or anything. They would be a migrant civilization, most likely on an enormous ship that can sustain many generations of their population, even if they can go many times faster than we can. Their arrival would be obvious and could not be covered up by them or us. They would be just as likely to try and repair their own planet or terraform another planet in their solar system as they would be to try and migrate to Earth.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UFOlogy · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Xarina from Zathyus Networks Resources