Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beyond the Veil. We hope you enjoy your visit to the one and only Christian Paranormal Research, Investigation, and Discussion Community.

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY! All are welcome here as long as you follow the rules. This is a safe place for people to speak their mind, ask for help or educate themselves. There is no judgment here.

All people of all faiths and beliefs are welcomed here, but this is largely a community of people of a Judeo-Christian belief system. Derogatory comments toward the Christian faith are not tolerated here. There are countless message boards on the internet where attacking Christianity is allowed and even encouraged, this is not one of them.

Attacking those of other faiths and beliefs who elect to contribute to this board will also not be tolerated. All intelligent discussion is welcomed.

DO NOT SPAM THESE FORUMS! If you question if something is spam or not, ask a moderator before you post.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Creatures
Topic Started: Apr 20 2011, 01:22 PM (919 Views)
yierbamate
[ * ]
I would like to know what your thoughts are on this:
Have you ever wondered why certain creatures are so elusive to us? How is it in our advanced technology, we can do just about anything, use satellite imagery, use a smart bomb to go after one person, but we can't seem to capture solid evidence of Bigfoot or the chupacabra! Are they of this world? Do they even exist? If they do exist, are they part of earth's creatures or are they demonic? I think it would be hard to separate fact from folklore. I, myself, do not have the answer, but, please, allow me to leave you with this. Matt 24:37-39, the last days will be like in the days of Noah. What was it like in the days of Noah? Gen 6:5, 11 talks about the violence and corruption in those days. The evil intent of the heart of man. Look at verses 1-4. If demons interacted with humans, their only goal was to steal, kill and destroy, John 10:10. So, do you think there is a connection between Gen 6 and what we see today? The more a group of people embraces the occult, the greater the spiritual activity~
Robert
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Director
Member Avatar
Global Administrator
[ * ]
Interesting questions... I never really thought about it like that. It could explain the elusiveness of these kinds of creatures. They are spiritual creatures who manifest at times in the physical world.

yierbamate
[ * ]
Yeah, I think "the veil" between our physical and spiritual world may be thinner than we think~
Robert

JDP
[ *  * ]
Maybe nobody's caught one because they don't exist. I'm sure there are a lot of animals we don't know about, but most of the famous probably just aren't there. The last Squatch died when the Sonics got bought, I'm afraid. If there really were sasquatches in the forest, one of my friends would have a squatch skin in front of his fireplace.

The forests are freakin' huge, though. Maybe that's a better explanation than saying they're spirits. Space archaeologists in Alabama or somewhere just found over a dozen pyramids in the desert in Egypt via satellite so maybe we just haven't looked in the right place. Hunters and park rangers always get their manbeast eventually, though

Renetta
[ *  * ]
yierbamate
Apr 25 2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I think "the veil" between our physical and spiritual world may be thinner than we think~
Robert
I believe the veil has always been thin; its just the desire to see beyond it was less in some times then in others. When people start seeking help and answers to world issues they reach out in ways that are new to them or are what they are used to. In my case I am seeking out away from what I am used to and finding the feeling of freedom. I am not saying I am finding all the answers but I do feel good about looking; its what I was given a mind to do.....seek and consider.

As far a the creatures and folklore, all of the ideas for folklore come from some place, who is to say that some of those things are not real.
My prayer to the universe is that I will Maintain a Fearless Attitude as I travel in the realms.

yierbamate
[ * ]
To JDP--In whose world do they not exist? I keep thinking that alot of this stuff we are exposed to is because of satan's desire to want to deceive us...big time! Even the elect. As believers, we have nothing to fear but we are in a spiritual battle. Could all this be a part of our spiritual fight? :'(

curiousAZ
Member Avatar
[ * ]
yierbamate
Apr 20 2011, 01:22 PM
I would like to know what your thoughts are on this:
Have you ever wondered why certain creatures are so elusive to us? How is it in our advanced technology, we can do just about anything, use satellite imagery, use a smart bomb to go after one person, but we can't seem to capture solid evidence of Bigfoot or the chupacabra! Are they of this world? Do they even exist? If they do exist, are they part of earth's creatures or are they demonic? I think it would be hard to separate fact from folklore. I, myself, do not have the answer, but, please, allow me to leave you with this. Matt 24:37-39, the last days will be like in the days of Noah. What was it like in the days of Noah? Gen 6:5, 11 talks about the violence and corruption in those days. The evil intent of the heart of man. Look at verses 1-4. If demons interacted with humans, their only goal was to steal, kill and destroy, John 10:10. So, do you think there is a connection between Gen 6 and what we see today? The more a group of people embraces the occult, the greater the spiritual activity~
Robert
Well, I dont really see that accepting or not accepting the existence of some unproven animal is really connected to the occult. You can believe in Sasquatch and still be Christian.

Do I think they exists? Well, I dont think that chupecabra is real. One, there was some research done and the earliest report of the creature was in the 90's after the woman watched a movie or something. And two, all documented chupecabras found have been normal animals dealing with horrible diseases like mange (causing them to be hairless and less recognizable). As for other cryptid animals. There are some cases of animals being rediscovered after decades or centuries even... so it might still be possible for some things to be out there. Just depends on which one we are talking about.

Do I think they could be demons messing with people? Perhaps, but it seems unlikely. I mean, outside of hunting cryptids to the point of obsession and no longer spending that time going to church... I dont see it affecting peoples faith. And if a person can be lead from the church that easily, I would think there are easier ways of doing it. Plus, it really is not that many people.

Just my thoughts.
"Share the pie. Don't eat the pie. Share the pie." Share, and do so generously is my life motto.

JDP
[ *  * ]
Yierbamate, I was talking about physical animals like some primate we could call a bigfoot. The devil could indeed use belief in, visions of or obsessions with cryptids to harm and deceive people. Their belief in them without proof could also be a result of their minds generally being clouded by falsehood. Statistics show that unbelievers such as secular people and people of other religions are more likely to be credulous in these matters than born-again Christians are. The devil could also use belief in a cryptid to harm us even if that animal were real. Suppose we did find a sasquatch and someone said it disproved the existence of God or started a sasquatch cult.

My post, however was just about the existence of physical animals. I don't believe there are different worlds for different people. We may notice different things and have different perceptions but it is all the same world and our perceptions usually match up pretty well with those of others. I could show you a banana slug and we would both see more or less the same thing at the same time. Banana slugs exist for all people.

yierbamate
[ * ]
Wow!! Y'all have some good feedback!! And no, I'm not from the south B)

Renetta
[ *  * ]
yierbamate
Sep 2 2011, 12:47 PM
To JDP--In whose world do they not exist? I keep thinking that alot of this stuff we are exposed to is because of satan's desire to want to deceive us...big time! Even the elect. As believers, we have nothing to fear but we are in a spiritual battle. Could all this be a part of our spiritual fight? :'(
You mentioned the things we are exposed to and it reminded me of something I read recently. So much of what we see and even read is manipulated for us to live in fear that you would never believe it. We have to depend on our GUT instincts because the bottom line is the only thing we need to FEAR is Fear itself.

Now as far as seeing large creatures and the like that seem from other worlds or not recognizable as normal like big foots could just be like JDB said unidentified creatures. So many creatures that we don't normally see can easily be frightening just because they are unknown. I certainly wouldn't think that would make them demonic or if you hear of them it doesn't make them fake.

Do you ever watch a show called FACT or FAKED? Its one of those reality style shows were they use videos they have found or been given to use as a basis to go to the locations and try to test if the video was faked or if it was a natural phenomena. It's always interesting to me when they find REAL Phenomena because they are so surprised by it because they are so use to people faking it.
It is also surprising how many of the videos are faked too :( I mean they can give a plausible explanation for the sighting that most of us would never consider. Its well worth a look in the cases of the bigfoots and recently they disproved a video that supposedly showed interdimensional beings. I was totally hyped about the episode but they Disproved it LOL Not to say the phenomena is unreal but in this case they could duplicate it using experiments.

My prayer to the universe is that I will Maintain a Fearless Attitude as I travel in the realms.

derndean
[ * ]
I definately believe in the existence of Sasquatch. I in no way believe that it has anything to do with satan, although I'm sure that he could find a way to use the idea of it to deceive people. When you look at the evidence, it points to a primate. I believe that it is a very intelligent primate, created by God. How do we know that our government doesn't already know about the existence of this creature but has elected to keep this from us? There is so much forests for these creatures to live in that with their intelligence, it's not shocking that it can remain so elusive.

« Previous Topic · Cryptozoology · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Xarina from Zathyus Networks Resources