Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beyond the Veil. We hope you enjoy your visit to the one and only Christian Paranormal Research, Investigation, and Discussion Community.

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY! All are welcome here as long as you follow the rules. This is a safe place for people to speak their mind, ask for help or educate themselves. There is no judgment here.

All people of all faiths and beliefs are welcomed here, but this is largely a community of people of a Judeo-Christian belief system. Derogatory comments toward the Christian faith are not tolerated here. There are countless message boards on the internet where attacking Christianity is allowed and even encouraged, this is not one of them.

Attacking those of other faiths and beliefs who elect to contribute to this board will also not be tolerated. All intelligent discussion is welcomed.

DO NOT SPAM THESE FORUMS! If you question if something is spam or not, ask a moderator before you post.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Do Animals Go To Heaven?
Topic Started: Nov 17 2011, 11:48 PM (931 Views)
Marie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I believe animals go to heaven.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cloudyday
[ * ]
Romans 8:18-21
"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him who hath subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."

I'm sure that verse can be interpreted different ways. I know the Catholic church believes animals have a "material soul" instead of an "eternal soul".
Edited by cloudyday, Nov 18 2011, 04:39 PM.

Marie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
cloudyday
Nov 18 2011, 02:50 PM
Romans 8:18-21
"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him who hath subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."

I'm sure that verse can be interpreted different ways. I know the Catholic church believes animals have a "material soul" instead of an "eternal soul".
I don't know for sure if the verse refers to animals.

I know in the beginning of the Book of Genesis there is no mention of God giving animals the breath of life. But in Genesis 7:15 it says:

Pairs of all creatures that have the breath of life in them came to Noah and entered the ark. 16The animals going in were male and female of every living thing, as God had commanded Noah. Then the Lord shut him in.

There is also Isaiah 65:25 which says there will be animals after judgement day.

Most Protestants believe animals do not go to heaven.

Also if animals can see spirits and other things that are not visible to the human eye, then why can't they have souls?

I am not saying animals are the same as people, as humans are created in God's image.

cloudyday
[ * ]
Here is the same quote from RSV that seems even clearer to me about animals (Romans 8:18-25)

18 I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God; 20 for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning in travail together until now; 23 and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

Also, you mentioned animals seeing spirits and here is the verse regarding Balaam's donkey showing God's attitude towards animals (Numbers 22:32-33)

32 And the angel of the LORD said to him, "Why have you struck your ass these three times? Behold, I have come forth to withstand you, because your way is perverse before me; 33 and the ass saw me, and turned aside before me these three times. If she had not turned aside from me, surely just now I would have slain you and let her live."

It seems clear to me that humans and animals are the same. The only difference is that God gave humans the responsibility to take care of the other animals and the environment in general.
Edited by cloudyday, Nov 19 2011, 02:12 PM.

Marie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
cloudyday
Nov 19 2011, 01:58 PM
Here is the same quote from RSV that seems even clearer to me about animals (Romans 8:18-25)

18 I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God; 20 for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning in travail together until now; 23 and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

Also, you mentioned animals seeing spirits and here is the verse regarding Balaam's donkey showing God's attitude towards animals (Numbers 22:32-33)

32 And the angel of the LORD said to him, "Why have you struck your ass these three times? Behold, I have come forth to withstand you, because your way is perverse before me; 33 and the ass saw me, and turned aside before me these three times. If she had not turned aside from me, surely just now I would have slain you and let her live."

It seems clear to me that humans and animals are the same. The only difference is that God gave humans the responsibility to take care of the other animals and the environment in general.
I think Romans 8:18-25 refers to humanity.

While I do believe animals do have souls, I don't believe they are the same as humans. But that is a different area.

Dave
[ * ]
Quote:

"Most Protestants believe animals do not go to heaven."

That is a pretty large section of the Christian landscape, so I am unsure how accurate that blanket statement is. I will mention that I think that most pet owners believe their wards are going to heaven...regardless of what branch of Christianity they follow.

Personally, I haven't given it a ton of thought. I know that we are to be caretakers of our animal buddies, but I do not believe them to be on the 'same level' as humans in God's eyes. I am inclined to think with the personality pet's are gifted with that they indeed may have very unique souls. I hope I would meet some of my childhood companions in the hereafter. However, should that not be the case, I don't see my stance on my current beliefs changing in the slightest.

Marie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Dave
Nov 23 2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:

"Most Protestants believe animals do not go to heaven."

That is a pretty large section of the Christian landscape, so I am unsure how accurate that blanket statement is. I will mention that I think that most pet owners believe their wards are going to heaven...regardless of what branch of Christianity they follow.

Personally, I haven't given it a ton of thought. I know that we are to be caretakers of our animal buddies, but I do not believe them to be on the 'same level' as humans in God's eyes. I am inclined to think with the personality pet's are gifted with that they indeed may have very unique souls. I hope I would meet some of my childhood companions in the hereafter. However, should that not be the case, I don't see my stance on my current beliefs changing in the slightest.
Agree

Renetta
[ *  * ]
Animals are sensitive to spirits as well as the soul of a person. They know who is negative or positive they also know who is good of heart. They are drawn to the good; I know this from experience. I think generally animals act on instinct and because they can only be taught by either instinct or humans then they seem to be the only ones without Blame. Just my two cents.
My prayer to the universe is that I will Maintain a Fearless Attitude as I travel in the realms.

JDP
[ *  * ]
I think Charles Wesley wrote an interesting sermon on animals "going to heaven." It dealt more with th resurrection and the great chain of being, though. I'll try to find a link and post it. If I may over-simplify his view, he taught that animals go to heaven.

Marie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
JDP
Dec 14 2011, 03:52 PM
I think Charles Wesley wrote an interesting sermon on animals "going to heaven." It dealt more with th resurrection and the great chain of being, though. I'll try to find a link and post it. If I may over-simplify his view, he taught that animals go to heaven.
Please do if you can find it

JDP
[ *  * ]
Sorry, I meant John Wesley. Charles is his brother. Here's a link. http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umhistory/wesley/sermons/60/

Marie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Thanks

Pamela Susette
[ * ]
Marie
Nov 17 2011, 11:48 PM

Yes animals do go to heaven. I have read plenty of near death testimonies of people seeing their pets on the other side. The Hebrew word for soul I hope referrs to both man and beast but not plant life. I donít believe animals could live if they didnít have souls. The different between animalís souls and human souls is that we are made in Godís image.

Marie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Pamela Susette
Jan 26 2012, 10:36 PM
Marie
Nov 17 2011, 11:48 PM

Yes animals do go to heaven. I have read plenty of near death testimonies of people seeing their pets on the other side. The Hebrew word for soul I hope referrs to both man and beast but not plant life. I donít believe animals could live if they didnít have souls. The different between animalís souls and human souls is that we are made in Godís image.
Agree

PROSJack
[ * ]
Yes, the Hebrew word "nephesh" and the Greek word "psyche" translated as "soul" refers to both human and animal souls.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Faith, Religion, Scripture and the Paranormal · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Xarina from Zathyus Networks Resources