Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cotsc Online. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Commissar-General Clark: Rules; Critisism Welcome
Topic Started: May 6 2008, 06:19 PM (894 Views)
Commissar-General Clark
Unregistered

Commissar-General Clark 3rd/3.5 Edition

M.....WS.....BS.....S.....T.....W.....I.....A.....LD
6.....4.......5(6)....3.....3.....4.....7......4(5)...10

Equipment:
Master Crafted Power sword

Custom Twin Master Crafted Plasma Pistol with targetter (taken into account in profile)
Range...Strength...AP..........Special
12........7............2.............Pistol 2 (so 4 if does not move)
*Gets hot only on a 1. May re-roll misses. Extra Attack for Pistol + H2H Weapon included in profile.

Master Crafted Plasma Pistol

Vortex Grenade
USE APOCALYPSE RULES or
Range....Strength....AP
8"......... -.............-
Special
Blast. One shot only. Anything under template is killed outright on a 2+, regardless of toughness, wounds or any save of any kind. Vehicles take an automatic penetrating hit. If missed, scatters like a normal blast weapon.

Carapace Armour

Displacer Field - 3+ Invulnerable. On a successful save, move model d6" in a random direction. If ends up off the board or in impassable terrain, model is removed as a casualty.

Frag and Krak Grenades.

Melta Bombs

Auspex

Medallion Crimson

Save: 4+ with 3+ Invulnerable

Special Rules:

Independent Character - See Warhammer 40K Rulebook.

Leader - See Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt, Imperial Guard Codex, p53

Fearless - See Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt, Imperial Guard Codex, p53

Lucky - Once per turn, may either re-roll a dice, or force the opponent to re-roll a dice directly affecting him.

Adrenaline Rush - In the first close combat of the game that he is involved in, Commissar-General Clark fights with +1S and +1T. After the first round of combat, he losses these bonuses.

Counts as a HQ Choice. 500 points

Points of Contention:

Feel free to discuss the following proposed Changes

*I have been told to lower his WS to 3

*I have been told to Raise his I to 8

*I have been told to allow his pistol to only allow 1 re-roll, or 2 while rapid firing.

*I have been told to remove one of the master crafted OR twin linked from his pistol and make it a normal one of its typr (i.e. master crafted plasma pistol)

*I have been told to removed the "only on a 1" rule and make it like normal rapid fire gets hot rules.

*I have been told to remove the Vortex Grenade

*I have been told to replace the displacer field with a conversion or refractor field

*I have been told to make Adrenaline Rush players choice of when it's activated, rather then the first round of the first combat

*I have been told to give him a 2nd medallion crimson (to represent the one GW officially awarded him on Medusa V)

*I Have been told to remove his second pistol.

*I have been told he's far too expensive and does not justify his points. I have been told to reduce him to the 200-300 point range.

As I said in the sub-title, critisism and feedback is welcomed, even desired/wanted.
Quote Post Goto Top

Potter Grismund
Member Avatar
T(W)ANKER
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i have a new one feckless for failer to not ware ladys under where when faced with gris

gris
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Captain Drann
The Cancer-Noodles
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That is gribbly... I would say remove the Vortex and power-down the plasma pistol. 4 wounds is a lot of killing for a human even if he is only T3, lower his W to 3 and I to 5/6.
Very inventive but to powerful for a human... You should make a space marine.

Erkenbrand
Member Avatar
Wolfshead
Yeah, I think WS3 is a good call.

Can Gris get some warn for that?

Commissar-General Clark
Unregistered

He did Erk...I couldn't make it out, it's pretty much unintelligible, but I'm sure it's spam and I'm sure it's meant to be insulting.

WS3...well, its been suggested, and given the character's background, I'm not oppossed to it being lowered to 3. It's at 4 now, because most IG Special characters are WS5 BS4....Clark reverses these to WS4 BS5. I'm happy to lower it to 3 though.

Still, waiting more feedback and debate of ideas :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Potter Grismund
Member Avatar
T(W)ANKER
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
erken im disappointed in you

have it at a 4+ invun man 3+ is harsh

Gris

Commissar-General Clark
Unregistered

That's basicly what most people agree with you on Gris...

Standard Guard fields now are Refractor (also found in several other Imperial organisations), which is a 5+ Invunerable save.

Eldar get Conversion fields which are a 4+ invunerable.

HOWEVER, being the stickler for background that I am, the item in question was originally based off 2nd edition wargear, which had the 4 types of field, in ascending order of power as: Refractor, Conversion, Displacer, Power

Refractor fields, had few draw backs. They had a medicore save of 5+, and meant the wearer couldn't hide (background reason being that refractor fields create a shimmering and crackling field around the user).

Conversion fields, had an average save of 4+, but anything causing the field to activate caused a bright flash of light (i.e. converted the incomming energy of the attack to light). This had the effect of blinding unprotected troops (which included all Imperial guard troops...Hence why it was never really an option for Clark...being blinded by his own field would be embarrassing) within a certain radius.

Displacer fields, had a good save of 3+, but on a successful save, randomly displaced the user away from harm (so, that explains why they weren't hurt, but the direction is completely random). They also meant hell for joining squads, had no effect against most warp weaponry, and were limited effect against blasts (if the model didn't complertely displace out of the blast radius, they still took damage with no further save). This is what Clark had in 2nd edition.

Power fields, had an AMAZING save of 2+. However, they didn't work in H2H, users couldn't hide and counted as encumbered in H2H (so, took penalties to their WS). So, a good save against shooting, but some serious drawbacks.

Anyway, this history lesson brought to you by Clarkapedia.

EDIT: Constructive Critisism To Date:

* Lower Invunerable save to 4+

* Reduce WS to 3

* Remove the vortex Grenade

* Power down the pistol (No info given as to how, so I assume that just means to reduce it to a standard master crafted Plasma Pistol)

* Reduce Wounds to 3

* Reduce Initiative to 5 or 6.
Quote Post Goto Top

Captain Drann
The Cancer-Noodles
I ment only re-roll one miss rather than all, sorry I forgot to put that in. Now he looks spiffy! :)

Erkenbrand
Member Avatar
Wolfshead
With the custom pistol, I reckon either give it regular overheat rules, or downgrade it to 'Pistol' instead of 'Pistol 2'. Upgrades in more than one 'direction' without the expense of the others (like buildings - time, expense, difficulty) seem a bit overpowered.

Commissar-General Clark
Unregistered

Commissar-General Clark's Background

Commissar-General Clark

Commissar-General Clark was and still is Planetary Governor of the Epsilon System in the Segmentum Solar. However, since Epsilon's independence, he has been forced to take on the roles of both Commissar-general and Fleet Admiral as well. Thus, he holds three ranks and three positions, but it is interesting to not he never holds more then one at a time, relinquishing the other two when not serving in those capacities.

On the surface, he appears to be a very charismatic and handsome man in his late twenties or early thirties. Official records list him as being 38 however, and having held an Imperial commissiarial rank for 15 years. Thus, it is inconceivable that he orchestrated and masterminded Epsilons Independence, for he would have been but a boy when the planning began. Thus many attribute the initial planning and preparations to his father, whom it is said he bears a strong resemblance to. Of course, he also bears a striking resemblance to his grandfather, great-grandfather and great-great grandfather. And, come to think of it, no one ever recalled them marrying...
Thus rumours whisper that he is infact the man responsible for organising and planning Epsilons Independence, but if so, he would be much older then he appears...

It is an odd fact that those of the Clark line, if indeed there is one, seem to age very well, and people only find out they had a son and heir after their death. That the son is only seen after their death and of an age to continue the running of the government is likewise remarkable. Of course, with them all looking similar and apparently aging very well, as well as dying under mysterious circumstances at what would be fairly young ages, just in time for an heir who looks exactly like them to take over is very convenient, but the Planet has been run well, keeping the citizens content and always paying its dues and tithes thus never drawing outside attention.

The Clark "family" has run Epsilon as Hereditary Governors since shortly after the Great Crusade and its re-absorption into the Imperium. Some whisper that the line of Governors stretches back further still, ibefore the crusade and into the age of strife and the Dark Age of Technology. However, as no records any longer exist from these times, this is merely speculation. Epsilon was remarkably untouched at the time, having weathered much of the age of Strife without serious incident, thought technology did decline somewhat and has likewise remained untouched by the ravages of war in the 10 millennia since, aside from a brief period of hostility during the age of Apostasy. Until recently.

It is a well known fact that Commissar-General Clark dislikes Inquisitors, considering them a nosy, obnoxious bunch of heretical, corrupt, power hungry lunatics, with far too much power and authority...more then he feels they have a right to wield. He feels that their methods are too harsh, oppressive and repressive and not in the best Interests of Mankind. He has similar views of the Tech Adepts of Mars and of the Ecclesiarchy, though the last he tolerates more then the former two.

It is a well known fact that Commissar-General is an acomplished pilot. He spent alot of time as Planetary Governor in the cockpit, practicing his flying skills. He has logged thousands of flying hours and is without a doubt the best Combat pilot in the entire Epsilonian Air Force or Navy. This, combined with his seemingly super human reactions and reflexes makes him a deadly and unparralleled opponent in the air.

Recently, Commissar-General Clark fought on Medusa V and was declared
Hereticus Non-Diabolicus and a Carta Extremis was issued on him. He fled, but continued to fight in the best interests of Humanity, before returning to a group known as The 12th Army Group to face trial, in the hopes of being found innocent, rejoining them and fighting beside them in the best interests of Humanity once more...

After fighting on Dxun briefly and then on Darmonica, the Commissar-General was called away to face an Inquisitorial and High Command trial by sector command. In this he was ordered to perform penance on behalf of the Inquisition and the Imperium. He and a select band of his forces were sent on numerous missions for the Inquisition, fighting their way across five systems and planets, sent into tasks that would either serve the Imperium, or kill them. Always the Commissar-General lead from the front, and distinguished himself as a true hero of the Imperium, breaking deadlocks and turning the tide in a string of major victories. After no less then seventeen battles, the Inquisiton declared his penance over and issued him a full pardon.

Returning to the Army Group in time for its collapse, the Commissar-General found it in dissarray and was there for its rebirth as
The Crusade of Saint Carmine. Here, he fought yet more battles, against Tau, Tyranids and Daemons, as well as the other minions of chaos, and had to weather several assassination attempts by those who were not happy with his pardon. He also found old friends and new enemies, particularly Governor Militant Holtor Flavian, General Grismund and Colonel Bowden of the Franconian Guard. Despite his pardon, he was again tried for his crimes by those that wished to see him dead. But again, he escaped the hang-man's noose. It seems the Commissar-General leads a charmed life...though how much longer his luck can hold, is anyone's guess...

Evidence:
Ages very well (no sign of aging)
Apparently die at young age (if Clark is 25-35, depending on when Father had him, father would be between 45 and 65 and thus should still be alive. Grandfather should be 65-95 and could thus also be alive)
Die under mysterious Circumstances
Always have a male Heir, who conveniently is always the right age to take over.
All look very similar (identical)
Never seem to marry
Quote Post Goto Top

Commissar-General Clark
Unregistered

5th Edition Update (Preliminary - Subject to change with the release of the 5th ed Imperial Guard Codex early next year.)

Commissar-General Clark 5th Edition

M.....WS.....BS.....S.....T.....W.....I.....A.....LD

Equipment:
Master Crafted Power sword

Custom Twin Plasma Pistol with targetter (taken into account in profile)
Range...Strength...AP..........Special
12........7............2.............Pistol 2, Gets Hot*
*Gets hot only on a 1. Extra Attack for Pistol + H2H Weapon included in profile.

Master Crafted Plasma Pistol

Vortex Grenade
USE APOCALYPSE RULES
or
Range....Strength....AP
8"......... -.............-
Special
Blast. One shot only. Anything under template is killed outright on a 2+, regardless of toughness, wounds or any save of any kind. Vehicles take an automatic penetrating hit.
(I definately prefer the second rule set, especially with 5th edition)

Carapace Armour

Displacer Field - 3+ Invulnerable. On a successful save, move model d6" in a random direction. If ends up off the board or in impassable terrain, model is removed as a casualty.

Frag and Krak Grenades.

Melta Bombs

Auspex

Medallion Crimson

Save: 4+ with 3+ Invulnerable

Special Rules:

Independent Character - See Warhammer 40K Rulebook.

Leader - See Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt, Imperial Guard Codex, p53

Fearless - See Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt, Imperial Guard Codex, p53

Lucky - Once per turn, may either re-roll a dice, or force the opponent to re-roll a dice directly affecting him.

Adrenaline Rush - In the first close combat of the game that he is involved in, Commissar-General Clark fights with +1S and +1T. After the first round of combat, he losses these bonuses.

"3 Rounds a Minute"/3 round burst - Any Squad Lead or Joined by Commissar-General Clark benefits from the following rule: Any Rapid Fire weapons in the squad may fire three (3) times when rapid firing, rather then twice (2).

Counts as a HQ Choice. 500 points

------

Notes:

These are the things I'm considering:

- Removing the extra Master Crafted Plasma Pistol

- Lowering his WS to 3

- Changing the invunerable save to 4+

- Change the Medallion Crimson to make him immune to instant death. Period. (he has been awarded 3 or 4 by this point....And as most people will have seen...he's one tough SoB!)

- Dropping "Master Crafted" from the Power sword. The rumour is, Master Crafted weapons will no longer be an option in the 5th edition book. If so, he will DEFINATELY lose it. Same goes for the Plasma Pistol.
Quote Post Goto Top

Erkenbrand
Member Avatar
Wolfshead
I like it, much more balanced. Definitely lose the second plasma pistol though - what use is it? It will also reduce his points by what, 25 points?

Holtor
Member Avatar
The American One
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It could just be me but I honestly hate overpowered leaders, only demons hive tyrants and warbosses should be that strong... How can 4 wounds be justified? The normal man gets one, the special ones get 2, the very special ones get 3, space marines don't ge 4 wounds!

Commissar-General Clark
Unregistered

Acctually Holtor....they do. Check your marine special characters. Dante has 3, but the other named Chapter masters have 4....
Quote Post Goto Top

Holtor
Member Avatar
The American One
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So he is as strong as a chapter master?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply