Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Listener No. 4468: Hide-and-seek by Charybdis
Topic Started: Oct 7 2017, 04:57 PM (330 Views)
John Nick

We are pretty much guaranteed an enjoyable solve when Charybdis is the setter, and so it was to be.

Do you ever feel that you have to share elements of a puzzle with your other half who cares not about crosswords? Well, TRUTH IS THE DAUGHTER OF TIME/RUTH IS THE DAUGHTER OF TIM made me smile so much it was one of those. I had never heard of Robert Wyatt, nor of the ‘Canterbury sound’ if I am honest, though I never was a prog rock fan. (I do have some Pink Floyd albums, but who doesn’t?). Lovely clues, lovely set of pdms – just lovely as I thought it would be, thanks.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Derek Harrison
Administrator
I can only repeat what John has said. This was a joy to solve. There was a whole series of PDMs and lots of laughs on the way. Thank you Charybdis!

Andy Stewart

Absolutely agree. Tremendous puzzle, great fun to solve. There were some great opportunities offered by the hidden letters, and Charybdis seized them with relish. I've never heard of Robert Wyatt either. Daughter of Time is a very familiar title, so I leapt on that to get into the theme, but it's not a book that I have ever read. I may well rectify that omission in the coming weeks if I can get ho;d of a copy.

Chris Poole

Thanks, guys. Glad you enjoyed it. I've written a setter's blog which is now on Listen With Others (thanks to Shirley and Dave).

Derek Harrison
Administrator
Mark Goodiffe has posted on Youtube how to solve the Charybdis puzzle. An excellent introduction to solving the Listener crossword.

Solving the Listener

Chris Poole

As the setter I found this very interesting. Many thanks, Mark. (I'd have posted this on the YouTube thread but it's more complicated than setting a Listener and I couldn't crack it!)
[PS: message now posted. Very straightforward this time. Very weird]
Edited by Chris Poole, Oct 13 2017, 09:02 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply