Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to DTG Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DTG: Chaos (v.1.0) (Complete); The show is over.
Topic Started: Sep 16 2015, 02:59 AM (147,180 Views)
Irecreeper
Member Avatar
Angry Puppet Noises
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If this is your first time here, please head to page one! I simply have an "objectives indicator" thing for the first post, as to not clutter every page up with the OP.
Chapter 5: The Watching Memory

OBJECTIVES:

ADVICE:
Prepare.

READ YOUR ALLIES POSTS! It'll help you not move to occupied spaces, attack dead enemies, ect...

DOCUMENT LINK:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JzHvbcD3HLbGZy5OyapPGLTshvWUr-f6ATpkIJNcSs8/edit?usp=sharing

WALKTHROUGH LINK:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a3NRRfQIpYheZ899MsZsv7g6sWl9gfHBIctsfIdXM0Y/edit?usp=sharing
Edited by Irecreeper, Jan 5 2017, 04:59 AM.
i'd put something cryptic here, but I'm too busy thinking about hellshake yano
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Irecreeper
Member Avatar
Angry Puppet Noises
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
>DTG: CHAOS
Credit to TT2000 and Twinbuilder for hosting DTG! Wait, is it customary to put Tazz here too? I don't know.

The party was sweet. The taste of victory however, was even better. Moments after the fall of Richard, the descendants celebrated over the fall of the tyrant. The party raged on for days, but there was this sense of dream looming over the party. That ever-common feeling that anything could go wrong, at any time. But as people began to drop one by one, the Descendants couldn't help but feel sleepy. Most of the non-Descendants at the party tried their hardest to awaken the suddenly-fallen.

But nobody came.

DESCENDANTS. RISE UP. FIND AND DESTR<0>Y THE DREAMER. THIS IS Y<0>UR <0>NLY CHANCE T<0> ESCAPE.

That was all that echoed in the Descendant's minds before they woke up, in a land where the sky was ravaged by flashing scars. As the Descendants got up and surveyed their new world, they gazed upon a vast world; various floating islands hovered over the hazardous void, visible from the edge of the small island they were standing on. In an attempt to escape, everyone tries to access their power; the power to use their creativity in a manner of devastating and helpful ways. Sadly, nothing seemed to work; something was holding them back. As they pondered why this was the case, a red figure slammed down onto the island. Emotionless at first, he stared at the descendants; all of them. The figure's body was devoid of any markings, besides the occasional dashes of red. And then, a wide, crooked smile ripped across the figures face, as cracks, similar to those sundering the sky appeared on the figure.

cc: hello (c)hu(c)klegorillas. name's (c)haos.
cc: you may be wondering why you're here.
cc: you may be wondering why every(t)hing looks like an ar(t) s(t)uden(t) died by (c)onsuming several (c)ans of pain(t) and (t)hrowing up everywhere.
cc: and (t)here's a reason for (t)ha(t).

He floats up. It's clear that Chaos isn't lifting himself up; somebody's helping him.

cc: wel(c)ome (t)o my minds(c)ape, your new permanen(t) place of residen(c)e.
cc: and don'(t) ques(t)ion (t)he permanen(t);
cc: you're n e v e r leaving.

He flings his left arm to the side, and it promptly severs and flies into the distance, with a strange lash of code connecting it to his body. The figure promptly mimics his left arm with his right. Both arms turn in midair, and slam into the island the Descendants are all standing on. In an instant, the island is flipped like a little table. Everyone tumbles off the island, and find themselves falling onto another island. They all smack into a soft, sandy surface; the Descendants have been dropped straight into the local arena. Hordes of strange, silent monsters, all of them similar in complexion to Chaos, line the stands. From the center of the arena, the Descendants can't help but notice the mountain in the distance; a strange column of power is emitting from the summit.

cc: i had my shiny new sleep-indu(c)ing weapon, and i needed to (t)es(t) i(t).
cc: and wha(t) lu(c)k i had! mul(t)iple powerful beings (t)o work wi(t)h.
cc: normally, (t)his would be (t)he par(t) where i explain how (t)he weapon works and how you (c)an s(t)op me.
cc: bu(t) (t)here's no poin(t). you're going (t)o die, anyway.
cc: may as well make (t)his fun (t)o wa(t)ch.

Chaos rises into the sky, as the rusted gates of the arena slowly crank open. A chorus of moans, groans and whatever the hell the sound that creepers make echo out of the ajar gate. Glitched monsters, identical to those in the stands begin to pour out of the gate. The gaze of a thousand beasts lies upon the army of Descendants, awaiting their fate in the centre of the arena.

It's going to be a long day...

RULES:

The first thing you should know is that THIS IS NOT A CONVENTIONAL DESTROY THE GODMODDER GAME. This game runs off the... uh, CHAOS GRID system, which turns DTG into a grid-based strategy, akin to games like Card Hunter or Fire Emblem. Throw (mostly) everything you knew about DTG out the door when playing this game!

So, every single last rule in this particular DTG game is described HERE, in this Google Document!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JzHvbcD3HLbGZy5OyapPGLTshvWUr-f6ATpkIJNcSs8/edit?usp=sharing

Said Google Document is vital to playing the game! It contains the maps, skills, reference charts AND character sheets for each and every character involved! To start, you'll need to make a character, which is detailed in the tab called Character Creation. If you partook in the DTG Test-Quest a long time ago, this should be very familiar. I'll answer any questions relating to the game, but anyway...

Are you ready to defeat Chaos and escape his twisted mindscape? Only time will tell.

=TURN ZERO=

...nothing will happen until at least (3) people join the game! Difficulty will scale based on the number of players in-game.
Edited by Irecreeper, Jun 30 2016, 04:42 PM.

Redstonetam15
Member Avatar
Wandering Goddess
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Stats:
27 HP (+6 for giving 6 Skill Points) (+1 from Helm)
11 MP (+1 for giving 1 Skill Point)
2 STR (+1 for giving 3 Skill Points)
2 INT (+1 for giving 3 Skill Points)
3 AGI (+1 for giving 3 Skill Points) (+1 from Armor) (5% dodge)
1 AC (+1 from Helm)

Weapon: Rapier (1 Range)
Skill: Lunge

Gear: Knight's Helm
Cloak of Concealment
Healing Aura (Increased mana and life regen)

Skill: Heal

Red gets popped into the mindscape. GORILLA!!!!!!!!

Edited by Redstonetam15, Sep 16 2015, 04:42 AM.
You are already dead.

engie
Member Avatar
Descendant
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
21 HP
10 MP
5 STR
2 AGI
1 INT
0 AC

Delete Target Enemy Spell Rifle
Reload

Skull Cap
Frenzy Aura
Healing Aura

Enchant Weapon
Megalomaniac
Monster
"Psychopath"
"Broken"

pionoplayer
Member Avatar
un-retired plot tumor
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
24 HP -4
10 MP
4 STR -6
4 AGI -3
2 INT -3
-1 AC

Ircucvci (+10 movement, +99% dodge chance, 100-101 damage, 50% to attack again after hitting enemy (may chain attacks)) Hehehe, yeah, no.
Twin Pistols

Cowl
Frenzy Aura
Finale Amulet

Grenade (5 MP): Range: 3, 5-6 damage, 1 splash with 3-4 damage. (+1 damage to main per 2 INT) (+1 range per 3 INT) (+1 splash radius at 4 INT)

I spawn at 6K

I would like a second ability. That would be useful. Also, any guesses as to who I'm playing as?
Edited by pionoplayer, Sep 16 2015, 12:29 PM.
Yeah I got nothin.

Irecreeper
Member Avatar
Angry Puppet Noises
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright, all characters accepted! I'll modify this post once I'm done adding them all to the game...

...Engie wants to one-shot things. This scares me deeply.

-----

As three people have created their characters, the game can begin! It's now officially Turn One! After this turn, additional monsters will spawn when people join the game!

=TURN ONE=

It's time for your first moves. While all you'll probably get done is smash a chest / annihilate a zombie (looking at Engie), positioning will be important. Chaos watches from above, equipped with a Popcorn Machine and floating lawnchair.

cc: heh.
cc: so we have s(c)rap me(t)al, (c)onsumer and keyboard.
cc: while normally i'd be (c)on(c)erned, (t)he op s(c)ale resides here, (t)oo.
cc: i also somehow doub(t) your abili(t)y (t)o deal wi(t)h (t)wo zombies + reinfor(c)emen(t)s.
Edited by Irecreeper, Sep 16 2015, 02:40 PM.

insert_generic_username
Member Avatar
Why do people make usernames like this anyways...
[ *  *  *  * ]
Potions of Regen
Mana Circlet
Mage Robes

21 HP (3 Regen)
16 MP +3 from Staff, +3 from Mage Robes
1 STR
2 AGI +1 from skill points
7 INT +4 from skill points, +2 from armor
0 AC

Staff
Efficiency

Beam
Heal
Edited by insert_generic_username, Sep 17 2015, 02:26 AM.

Irecreeper
Member Avatar
Angry Puppet Noises
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
>Note to new players / players spawning in right now; please state where you want to appear! It'll save you some time and help allies not stand where you want to appear.

insert_generic_username
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll stand just below piono then.

PitTheAngel
Member Avatar
Disciple of Polybia
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE, NOW I HAVE TO RESORT TO USING COLOR SWAPS. ARE YOU HAPPY?))

Ugh...where am I? Who are you people?

It's obviously Pit, anyone could look at him and see that, but he's different then normal. For one thing, he looks and sounds like he has no clue what's happening. For another, his clothes look a lot more different.

Well, there's nothing I can do but try to defend myself. Hopefully, something will make sense of all this.

Spoiler: click to toggle

"Pit" spawns at L4.
"I am a totally innocent maid that is corrupting everything around me."

Irecreeper
Member Avatar
Angry Puppet Noises
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright, we have 5 character up now. You should probably start directing movements now, attacks, ect...
Given the high amount of players, there's an early elite monster spawning in!

cc: oh boy, (t)wo more people.
cc: defaul(t) and i(c)arus.
cc: given (t)he influx of "wonderful" people, i'll send in an eli(t)e beas(t).
Edited by Irecreeper, Sep 16 2015, 08:23 PM.

engie
Member Avatar
Descendant
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I move to I8. Since the only thing in range is a chest, I wait... for now.
Megalomaniac
Monster
"Psychopath"
"Broken"

NumberSoup
Member Avatar
Social Justice Rogue
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Longsword

Enchanted Hatstack
Metal Plating
Finale Amulet

Grenade

27 HP +5 Gear, +2
12 MP +2
2 STR +1
2 AGI +1
3 INT +2
1 AC

I spawn at K5, move to 15, and attack the chest. I then retreat to J5.
Edited by NumberSoup, Sep 16 2015, 11:06 PM.
Rules|Directory|Modlist

Redstonetam15
Member Avatar
Wandering Goddess
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I walk to J7.
Edited by Redstonetam15, Sep 16 2015, 09:30 PM.
You are already dead.

pionoplayer
Member Avatar
un-retired plot tumor
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I take up position at I6, claiming whatever artifact was inside after it was smashed by fseftr (if I can't use it I'll give it to him) and then crouch behind the chest, seeing if it's possible to have such things as cover. If there isn't any benefit to staying where the chest is, I kick it into the lava and take up position in the space where it used to be, guns at the ready.

team analysis:
Okay, redstone and fseftr are both being tanks of slightly different builds. Both are melee, fseftr's more of a hard hitter, and redstone is a little bit better at support/speed.
Engie is going full-on sniper. He's going to hit really hard, but he's definitely not up to keeping himself alive.
I'm more of a ranger subtype, I'm squishy, but not quite as squishy as engie. Although honestly, I don't think I went for the best optimization in terms of power, ah well, too late now I suppose.
Insert is our mage. he's got the potential to hit harder than engie, but at the same time, I have a sneaking suspicion that sneak attacks are going to render him useless fairly often.
Pit is... weird. Does anyone know what you call ranged tank classes? Siege archer? I dunno. Whatever it is, he hits for some decent damage at a distance, but we don't have to worry about him getting backstabbed because he's tied for tankiest character with redstone.

If we could get someone with telekinesis to get people out of dangerous positions (or into if we don't like them) that would be nice.
Other than that, more melee characters might be useful, perhaps someone with an axe, but that's not a necessity.

EDIT: I COULD shoot insert in the foot on his way up there, but I don't. I moved first m8, otherwise I'd totally shoot you in the back of the head for ganking my gear.
Edited by pionoplayer, Sep 16 2015, 10:30 PM.
Yeah I got nothin.

insert_generic_username
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I run up to the chest before piono and loot the artifact, but if it's not magic enough I give it to piono.

Talist
Member Avatar
Guy with all the talking animals
[ *  *  *  * ]
Let's try this.

Character name: Wilson. Because nobody can get enough Wilson.

HP: 20 (0 spent)
MP: 17 (1 spent, + 6 from equipment)
STR: 1 (0 spent)
AGI: 3 (6 spent)
INT: 6 (9 spent and + 2 from equipment)
20% dodge
0 AC

Weapon: The Sparker (AKA: Staff)

Helmet: Tiny Sugegasa (AKA: Mana circlet. You promised him hats, so he'll get a hat! By the way, that's one of those cone shaped straw hats you see in all the samurai movies.)
Chestplate: SO FLUFFY!!! (AKA: Mage Robes)
Accessory: Kitsune Charm/Hosi-no-Tama (AKA: Regen aura)

Spells: Summon another character for (10-1) MP. I want to bring in some other people.
Custom Unique Spell, FoxFire. And because I'm Talist, I have to make it needlessly complicated.

Spoiler: click to toggle

If I had one more spell, I'd pick beam so Wilson could summon something, rest a turn, then laser everything.

Now, Wilson spawns in on square L8 and I also bring in Willow on square I2 because this is technically a summon. So, stats for her:

HP: 18/18
MP: 8/8
Movement: 3
Attack: Melee 9-10 damage, + 8 HP
Special: Dragon's breath (burst). Splash 2, range 4, 7-7 damage

Wilson: 20/20HP, 8/17 MP
Willow: 26/26HP, 8/8MP

I wanted Wilson to be a really flexible support able to handle any problem. Except getting punched in the face. He can't handle that well.
Edited by Talist, Sep 16 2015, 10:29 PM.
Something something, play my game. I dare you. http://s15.zetaboards.com/DTG_Forums/topic/10508000/1/#new

pionoplayer
Member Avatar
un-retired plot tumor
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, looks like we've got a summoner now. Wilson is basically capable of acting as two party members provided he doesn't get stabbed in the face and deaded before we can do anything about it.

As seems to be the usual fare for anyone named Wilson, keep him alive.
Yeah I got nothin.

Irecreeper
Member Avatar
Angry Puppet Noises
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
...whoops. I borked it.
thank forum glitch

(erm, gotta remake turn two)

=TURN TWO=
Chaos proceeds to call Wilson a Furry. That is the only thing of note.
Edited by Irecreeper, Feb 5 2016, 04:46 AM.

PitTheAngel
Member Avatar
Disciple of Polybia
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Pit(?)'s turn:

MOVE: J3
ATTACK: None (No enemies in sight)
END TURN

((well, this is awkward. this post from turn one is showing before Ire's post on my screen. Once the others put in their posts, i'll make the turn two one.))
Edited by PitTheAngel, Sep 17 2015, 12:07 AM.
"I am a totally innocent maid that is corrupting everything around me."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply