Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome!

The DSoJ is set mainly on Lore, one of the worlds created by the Deities of Alyth. With some magitech, Lore nevertheless relies heavily on beasts of burden and family-run, eco-friendly industries. Towns are somewhat numerous over the gigantic world yet far between and the wilderness is rife with danger, but Lorians have thrived here. It is home, it is wild, and it is breath-taking ľ but mind your step.

Important Links
Guidebook
World of Lore
Character Sheet
Canons
Wanteds
Podcasts
Staff
Zema - Head Admin
Chris - Advertising Admin
Events & Open Threads
Open Threads:
None.

Events:
For Queen and Country
Affiliates
Click here to advertise and affiliate with us!
Roleplay Boards
Tales of Illyria The Elder Scrolls RP The Kill Factor Aeterna Roma Guardians Arising Southern Winds Weyr  photo BTF_Affiliate_banner_zpsd1c796bf.png

Eiyuu Densetsu RISE OF HADES The War in Heaven TAKE MY PICTURE Seaview University Windblown Lutea Stormcrown

Listed At
RPG-D

RPGD Topsites Aeterna Roma
Welcome to Lore, one of the worlds created by the Deities of Alyth, where almost anything can happen. With some magitech, Lore nevertheless relies heavily on beasts of burden and family-run, eco-friendly industries. Towns are somewhat numerous over the gigantic world yet far between and the wilderness is rife with danger, but Lorians have thrived here. It is home, it is wild, and it is breath-taking ľ but mind your step.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friulios Magic Can's and Can'ts
Topic Started: July 16, 2014, 10:24 am (49 Views)
Zema
Member Avatar
Nymphetamine
CBOX Archive Messages

There seems to be some confusion about what friulios magic can and cannot do. It is described as Godly Magic, used by deities. Friulios is, in essence, creation and destruction magic, but also entails other aspects of magic that are not covered in any Contagion branch. Friulios is freedom and Contagion is control. Excessive control, or contagion, limits the use of Friulios as it needs freedom of the mind and body. Characters who use this type of magic are rare. The only class to date that knows friulios magic strictly are the Heirophant's of Teselata.
  • What Friulios CAN do:
    • It can cure illnesses such as plagues, but the user will have to visit each ill person individually to cure them. It will take a LOT out of the user.
    • It can create some inanimate objects, such as a chair.
    • Things created by means of Friulios magic are sturdier than the objects they're based on. Anything the Friulios user creates can also be destroyed in the same fashion. While it will be harder than usual for a non-Friulios user to destroy the Friulios creations, high level Contagion magic can unravel them.
    • Can make objects complete tasks. For example, it can animate a broom to clean the kitchen or the house, and animate the items in the kitchen to clean themselves. THIS is the simplest form of Friulios.
    • Well seasoned Friulios users can cleanse "unclean" souls. In other words, they can 'exercise' evil spirits and make them good. The process HAS to be repeated numerous times to complete. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't; it depends on how corrupt the spirit is.
    • Friulios users can see the astral line. They can also sometimes see spirits.
    • Can manipulate the energy of an element. For example, they can turn water to ice and fire to lightning.
    • Friulios users, both divine and undivine, can counter Contagion spells. "Counter" is a nice word, though. Realistically, it unravels Contagion by enforcing 'freedom' upon it. Heavy use of Friulios can unravel Contagion and vice versa. In other words, lots of Friulios can unravel contagion, but in turn, lots of contagion can unravel the Friulios magic, and in some cases even weaken Friulios users if they have low will power. To counter either is a matter of using greater energy, as equal amounts of both results in both sides being unraveled. Magic being unraveled alters and/or warps reality. Contagion and Friulios unraveling together can create a black hole or even a worm hole in the place of the 'collision'.

• What Friulios CANNOT do:
    • It cannot create a living organism from nothing. This aspect of Friulios is strictly limited to the divine.
    • Cannot touch the astral line or speak to the spirits they see without the use of astral magic - which would limit Friulios anyway.
    • Non-deity Friulios users cannot create any elements such as fire or water without the use of some contagion (because elements require control to use), but as long as they have a source, they can manipulate the element. For example, they must have a body of water nearby to manipulate water at all. The supply of water would be limited to how much was in that body of water (i.e. a puddle, lake, etc.).
    • Cannot manipulate spirits. They can see them and they can exorcise them. That's pretty much it.
I hope that this answers your questions. If not, please ask.
Posted Image

I plant the seed to make them struggle harder
I reap their tears, bring harvest from their misery
Repent, repeat; the force of life is scattered
Indeed, I try to cleanse it to infinity!
Feel your soul depart, now your flesh is my own art

MY CURRENT RP'S:
For Queen and Country

OTHER USEFUL THINGS:
Character Archive | Completed Threads | Zema's Emporium
Offline Quote Post

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Role-Play Requests and Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Toggle CBOX