Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
News and Announcements

Starting January 18, 2010 we will be resuming our weekly discussions on various characters, couples, and plot points for the show Grey's Anatomy. If you are interested in seeing a similar discussion for another show let Danielle know. Be sure to check out some of the new fanfictions that been posted and show the writers your support!

Welcome to The Haven.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rumor Has It; Spoilers
Topic Started: Jun 21 2009, 12:32 PM (1,028 Views)
Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
SpoilerTV - June 10. Exclusive Casting Call for new Character

[BREE BUCKLEY]
Recurring. Fun sexy blonde, irreverent, evil Miss America type, politically progressive but hails from a conservative Southern family. Has an affair with one of our gang. Four-episode arc.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
yes it could be Chuck...there was that other spoiler about him bringing home another woman or something. But that woman not being what it seems. Maybe she is trying to use Chuck for some kind of business personal gain.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Can we assume that Gossip Girl's Serena won't be attending Brown now that she's off chasing Daddy Dearest? — Becky
MICKEY:
Here's what Blake Lively told us about Serena's plans in the wake of being slapped with that paternal jaw-dropper. "She's thrown for this huge loop," she says. "There are a lot of things she's going to find out about her mother and about her background." In other words, Serena will not be heading to Providence in the fall... but she might not be in New York either.

From TV Guide

Quote:

Nate's New Love Interest

And you thought Nate Archibald was privileged before.

Sources confirm that Joanna Garcia, star of The CW's axed-too-soon Privileged, has booked a four-episode arc on Gossip Girl as a love interest for Chace Crawford's affluent alter ego.

Garcia will play Bree Buckley, an irreverent, slightly evil Miss America-type who hails from a conservative Southern family. She'll first appear in the Sept. 14 season premiere.

Props to The CW for knowing a good thing when they see it!

I guess we were both wrong and it isn't Dan or Chuck with the new girl.

Quote:

Episode - 3.02 - Casting Call, Source: SpoilerTV
Episode 3.02 of Gossip Girl will film between 9th and 20th of July and will feature the following characters.

[KATIE] Late teens to early 20s, open ethnicity. A cute sophomore, she recognizes Dan’s name from his New Yorker piece, and invites Dan to join a student writing group. Four scenes (one non-speaking). Possible recurring role.

[AMALIA] Late teens to early 20s, open ethnicity. A freshman eager to climb the social ranks, she tries to impress Blair and is an obsequious attendee at Blair’s first dorm party. Two scenes. Possible recurring role.

[OBSERVER REPORTER] Late 20s to early 30s, open ethnicity. He interviews a close-mouthed Chuck in his suite and asks him about his plans for the future...One scene.

[TYLER FANK] 40s. Open ethnicity. An upscale businessman who meets with Chuck to review his prospectus for a new venture…One large scene.

[DRIVER] Early to mid 30s, open ethnicity. He is driving Serena to Brown. One scene, one line.

[DORM GIRL] Late teens to early 20s, open ethnicity. One of the girls moving into the freshman dorm, she is clearly not from the same world as Blair… One scene. One line.

[GUY] Late teens to early 20s, open ethnicity. A student who passes by Dan holding court at a popular hangout… sptv050769 One line.

[KIDS #1 & 2] Males, late teens to early 20s, open ethnicity. Two indie nerds at a college roof top party. They debate the merits of a popular science fiction program.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Season 3 has started filming. Over 300 HQ on set stills can be found here.

Set Stills

It looks like some has got themselves a Ferrari.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Time for some more spoilers

Quote:

Update From E!Online Inside sources tell us exclusively that Duff's character Olivia is a movie star who just wants to live a simple peasant girl's life at college and date a simple unfamous guy. Lucky for her then that Dan doesn't know who she is and that he wants to hook up with her. Yep, not only are Dan and Serena all permanently broken up, but Dan is stepping out on Serena with this new girl Olivia. E!Online

Is the Upper East Side big enough for Serena, Blair and the Duffster?! We're about to find out because the onetime tween sensation is joining Gossip Girl for a multi-episode arc, sources confirm to me exclusively.

The actress-designer-pop chanteuse will play Olivia Burke, a movie star who enrolls at NYU in search of a traditional college experience. She ends up rooming with Vanessa (Jessica Szohr) so it's safe to say she'll be majoring in Drama!

Duff will debut in this season's fourth episode, slated to air Oct. 5.

Gossip producers spotted an opening in Duff's schedule after NBC passed on her comedy pilot Barely Legal.

What say you, Gossip gurus? Do you approve of Duff's casting? Thoughts on who she'll be paired with romantically? (My guess: Dan.) Sound off below!
Link

Quote:

Latest from Kristen
Amy in Pittsburgh: So excited Gossip Girl is back in production! What can you tell us?!
Sorry, Hilary Duff haters, but Duff joins the Gossip Girl cast as movie star Olivia, and she'll be getting her movie-star cooties on the entire cast, not just Vanessa and Dan. Also on Gossip Girl this season, Chuck and Blair are totally getting married and having a million babies. (OK, not that, but they are staying tight. Yay!) And believe it or not, the show really is trending away from "Dan and Serena are the one true pairing of Gossip Girl." Certainly, that arc might turn back sometime in the future, but for now the show is trying to establish their separate identities, apart from their on-again, off-again shenanigans. Is that great news or the worst thing you've ever heard? Post in the comments!

Gervase in Montreal, Quebec: Thanks for the interview with Blake Lively about Papa van der Woodsen. Are we actually going to see Serena's dad this season on Gossip Girl?

TV Diva's Magic 8-ball says: It is decidedly so. We will finally meet Serena's dad this season on Gossip Girl.

Quote:

Latest from Ausiello
Question: Could you reward us with a little Gossip Girl scoop? Just enough to tide us over 'til September? Pretty please? --Jon
Ausiello: There will be a controversial hookup early on in season 3. And one of the participants of said controversial hookup will be Dan. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Question: Is Vanessa from Gossip Girl going to get her own storyline next season? Despite what some may think there is Vanessa love out there. --Jess F.

Ausiello: Yes, she's getting her own storyline. A romance, in fact. With someone she met briefly at the end of last season. Commence with the dot-connecting.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
So what do we all think of these spoilers?

I'm not sure what to make of Duff. I personally think I might find it hard taking her character seriously but then again she might be great.

I think the Chuck and Blair news is great, it looks like they might be getting some happy time. Yay!

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here is some more.

From TVGuide.com
When is Gossip Girl going to give Jenny a better story line? — Clarice

MICKEY: Do you hear the Constance girls screaming, Clarice? That’s because Little J was named the new Queen Bee in the season finale. We recently asked Topsy Mopsy, er, Taylor Momsen how she’d fill Blair’s headband. “You know what, I hope she’s a bad queen bee!” she told us. “I’m sure [the writers will] find a way to tie it all together.” My unsolicited idea: Jenny needs a bf who charms Rufus while he corrupts her. She needs to earn that eye makeup!

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Casting News

When "Gossip Girl" returns this fall on the CW Network, Serena and company will be sharing the screen with a real-life member of the Manhattan social swirl -- Nacho Figueras.

Figueras, who spends his days playing polo for the Black Watch team and posing for Ralph Lauren's Polo Fragrances, will appear on the season premiere, which airs Sept. 14

Ausiello - July 16th

Question: Now that Mercy will begin on NBC earlier than expected, will Michelle Trachtenberg still be able to fulfill her three-episode arc on Gossip Girl? --Parm
Ausiello: Unfortunately for Blair, yes, she will. The onetime Queen Bee will have a hard enough time adjusting to college life. Georgina's arrival as her roommate in episode 2 compounds her misery tenfold.

Question: I would love the scoop on just how much The CW pays you every time you cover Gossip Girl. I don't doubt that the show has followers, but the coverage EW is giving it has gotten ridiculous! ---Frank
Ausiello: Oooooh, that reminds me: A major Gossip guy decides not to go to college very early in the season. Take your best guess to the comments!

Question: Chuck-Blair scoopage would be delightful! --LH
Ausiello: Look for C and B to take an unorthodox approach to warding off the seven-week itch.

Casting Call - 3.04

[KENNY “KC” CUNNINGHAM] Thirties, female. Open ethnicity. A publicist to the stars, she is hip and sophisticated with a touch of punk rock... Guest star.

[CELESTE] Legal 18 to 20 to play 16, open ethnicity. The power-hunger, super-smart, back-stabbing ringleader of the new Mean Girl trio at Constance. Three scenes.

[CARMEN] Legal 18 to 20 to play 16, open ethnicity. One of the new Mean Girl trio at Constance. Not quite as bright as Celeste, she is the slutty second-in-command. Three scenes.

[JANE] Legal 18 to 20 to play 16, open ethnicity. One of the new Mean Girl trio at Constance, she is the anxiety-ridden girl at the bottom of the totem pole. Three scenes.

[FASHIONABLY DRESSED WOMAN] Late thirties to early forties, open ethnicity. One scene, two lines.

[PHOTOGRAPHER] Mid to late 20s, male, open ethnicity. Two scenes, three lines.

[SCARED ASSISTANT] Early to mid twenties, female sptv050769 Open ethnicity. One scene, one line.

[ASSISTANT] Mid to late twenties, male or female, open ethnicity. The assistant to a movie mogul. One scene, one line.

From E!Online

Vanessa in Toronto: Is it true Chuck and Blair are gonna try to have a threesome on Gossip Girl? Tell me they won't go through with it and that it might bring some sexy time for these two? I think we need it as much as they do.
You guys come up with all the best rumors! Our sources tell us there's no threesome between Chuck, Blair and a third player to be named later, but there are a lot of C&B sexcapades happening in Gossip Girl season three. And white-hot angry sex is on the list.

Kelly in Montana: Any scoop on Olivia and Dan's relationship on Gossip Girl?
The newest fabulous Upper East Sider, Olivia (Hilary Duff), likes that Dan doesn't recognize her as a famous movie star.

Clarice in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Any news about Jenny on Gossip Girl?
Jenny's going to have to defend her queendom against the mean girls. Makes sense. Mean girls don't usually surrender the spotlight so easily.

Adam in N.Y.: Anything on Carter Baizen since Sebastian Stan's show Kings is kaput? Is he back on Gossip Girl? He's shady.
Shady Carter is going to be hooking up with Serena! Yes, Serena van der Woodsen and Carter Baizen are going to try to make a go of it in season three of Gossip Girl. Forgive us if we're not optimistic about their long-term prospects.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Penn was spotted walking around with a page of the script.

Posted Image

Here is what it said.

Dan:
Look Georgina, I appreciate that you want a clean slate... but there's a lot of history here... And yeah, it kind of is too much. Sorry.

Georgina:
I understand. I'd feel the same way. Okay. See you around.

Vanessa:
That was a little harsh.

Dan:
What? It's Georgina.

Vanessa:
And you're Dan - I'm sorry... I just thought that you were more forgiveable (?) than that -

Dan:
Are you seriously making me the bad guy here?

Vanessa:
I just think it would be pretty hypocritical to expect people to do (?) a fresh start when we won't (there's a word missing) one to her.

Dan:
I know that you're new to the whole "(can't read)" thing, but trust me, you don't want Georgina Sparks' as your friend. For starters, you'll (can't read) everyone else away.

Vanessa:
Well, you just (can't read) me away.

yelling: Georgina!

Source
Edited by Marie, Jul 26 2009, 06:02 AM.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was just looking at some set photos. I'll have to find the links for them later. It would seem that Vanessa is dating Dan and Serena's half brother Scott. There was a shot of them locking lips.

There are also a lot of shots of Chuck and Blair locking lips. So it looks good for them.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
yeah she is a bit there, apparently this season she is going to get a storyline...and her hair is looking better. hehe.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I thought it was time I post some well over due spoilers. I think there are some suprising ones and some very nice ones!!

From People.com

CHUCK & BLAIR: IT'S ON!

"Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester) are definitely going to be a couple and stay a couple this season," Gossip Girl executive producer Stephanie Savage tells PEOPLE. But don't expect it to be all chocolates and roses: "Chuck and Blair in a relationship is going to be something very unique and something we haven't seen before. They have definitely found ways to not be boring." Now thatsounds interesting.

SERENA & CARTER! OMG!
In last season's finale, Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) unexpectedly took off with Carter Baizen (Sebastian Stan). So, are they now a couple? Not quite. "Something definitely happens with Carter over the summer and you will see Serena and Carter deal with the fallout over that in our first couple of episodes," says Savage.

NATE'S NEW GIRL
The drama between Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford) and his powerful grandfather is sure to continue. When Nate finds a new ladylove in Bree Buckley (Joanna Garcia), a Texas girl whose Republican family counts the Vanderbilts as their political rivals, it's game on. "It's a bit of a Romeo and Juliet romance," says Savage.

DAN'S A-LIST FLING

So, how does a kid from Brooklyn score the superstar new girl? "[Olivia Burke] (played by Hilary Duff) is a child actress who craves a normal college-girl existence and happens upon Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley), a Brooklyn hipster and cultural snob who doesn't know who she is," says Savage. But don't count on Serena being jealous. "Dan and Serena are a lot more like siblings than former flames. It is much less romantic than it has ever been."

FAMILY REUNION?

"The Rufus-Lily-Lovechild story will definitely come [full circle] in the first part of the season," says Savage, who won't divulge any more details – though we suspect a reunion is in sight. And something tells us that Vanessa Abrams (Jessica Szohr) might help it happen. "Vanessa has someone new in her life, who may or may not be related to Dan Humphrey," hints Savage. Any guesses?

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Also From People.com

Just when you thought Gossip Girl couldn’t get anymore glamorous, the third season is set to return with a bang. “We have our big Polo match in the first episode, we go to Sotheby’s for an auction in the third episode and in the fourth episode, we have a big movie premiere at Ziegfeld [Theater],” says the show’s executive producer Stephanie Savage.

And amidst all this glitz and glam, Gossip’s graduates are getting ready to go back-to-school and things are never too easy, are they? Spoiler alerts to come …

For Blair Waldorf, college might just be down the street from her posh Upper East Side pad, but it might as be well be across the country. “Blair is the fish out of water,” says Savage of Leighton Meester’s character. “Now that she is going to school downtown, Vanessa and Dan are really among their people. So it’s bizarre-o world for her.”

However, Blair won’t be totally alone downtown. As promised, Georgina Sparks (Michelle Trachtenberg) will return as her new college roommate. “She is not going to be in our first episode, but she will be in the second episode when our kid’s start college,” says Savage. And Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) will be a staple by Blair’s side throughout the season. While Chuck won’t be clocking in any school time, Savage tells PEOPLE, “This year, [Chuck] is really going to be focused on getting out from underneath his father’s shadow and starting his own entrepreneurial direction.”

Adding to Blair’s “shadows” downtown is off-again BFF Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively), who will also be stirring up trouble south of Central Park. As well as locking lips with Carter Baizen (Sebastian Stan) in the first episode, Serena’ll be hooking up with designers Tory Burch and Georgina Chapman of Marchesa. Savage tells us the fashion cameos have to do with Serena’s “decision [in terms of college] and what happens to her in the first couple of episodes.”

But, a reconciliation with Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley) won’t be in her future [DASH] at least not this year — Dan is busy romancing Hilary Duff’s character Olivia Burke in the Village.

Then there’s Jenny Humphrey (Taylor Momsen), learning the ropes of Queen Bee. “We really do see Jenny struggling with what she is going to do with this power that has been given to her,” says Savage. “She is back at Constance and now she is a junior — the same age as our other girls when the show started — so we have lots of story areas for Jenny that are opening up.” And one in particular that will make a comeback: Jenny’s fashion career! “As we get more into the season, that is going to be a bigger and bigger story,” says Savage. – Andrea DeSimone

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Latest From Kristen

Kelly in Michigan: Please tell me that the Dan-Georgina hookup in the Gossip Girl promos is misdirection!
No can do. Michelle Trachtenberg's Georgina and Penn Badgley's Dan really do hook up in season three of Gossip Girl. Naughty!

Mickey in Arizona: I can't wait to see Hilary Duff on Gossip Girl! When does she start?
Hilary Duff's Olivia Burke is introduced in episode four, and she'll be sticking around for a while.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Possible GG and The Beautiful Life corssover

Mike and Karey spilled that they're already thinking of a way to get the casts of Gossip Girl and The Beautiful Life to join forces in a mega-New York crossover.

While nothing is set in stone for the crossover right now, Mike teased a possible storyline that he'll be pitching to Gossip's executive producer Stephanie Savage: "My idea—since these things happen—there are blackouts. The idea is that we have two shows that exist in the same city, and if our cast is on the subway, and their cast is on the subway, and then the subway shuts down. We don't even have to necessarily cross them; we can simply tell two stories with them in the background and maybe have one or two characters cross through." Karey also told us she wouldn't mind Chuck Bass stealing some of the models, natch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply