Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
News and Announcements

Starting January 18, 2010 we will be resuming our weekly discussions on various characters, couples, and plot points for the show Grey's Anatomy. If you are interested in seeing a similar discussion for another show let Danielle know. Be sure to check out some of the new fanfictions that been posted and show the writers your support!

Welcome to The Haven.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
3.01 Reversals of Fortune; Season Premeire Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 14 2009, 12:43 PM (669 Views)
Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
As the summer is drawing to a close, Blair and Chuck are madly in love and adjusting to their new "in a relationship" status, breaking all traditional rules of dating as would be expected. Serena returns from her European adventure with many secrets to hide and a complicated relationship with Carter Baizen (guest star Sebastian Stan). Nate returns from his travels with a mysterious brunette, Bree Buckley (guest star JoAnna Garcia) in tow. Rufus, Dan and Jenny spent the summer in the Hamptons, adjusting to the van der Woodsen's glamorous lifestyle surprisingly faster than any of them expected. Jessica Szohr also stars.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
What premiere would be complete without Serena returning with some sort of summer mystery that has driven her to acting like a slut, drinking too much, posing for the paps? And of course it must take place in Europe! Big yawn. Serena, Serena, Serena. The show is called Gossip Girl not the Serena Show. *roll of eyes*

Blair, you silly girl, don't you know that if you play with fire you are going to get burned? These games she is playing with Chuck are most definitely fire. It might seem like fun. It might keep things interesting. It might also destroy her relationship via trust starting to slip. The seeds were definitely planted tonight that is for certain.

Jennifer looked adorable and she has stayed well rounded. I was really worried that they would turn her back into a one dimensional brat. I cannot wait to see her as Queen of Constance. They are going to have to bring her a king. Unless they want to make me happy and allow her to have Nate back!

Vanessa was as annoying as ever. She has always acted like the upper eastsiders are stuck up and think only about their wants, needs, ect. but the truth is that is her. She is the latino version of Serena.

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was so disappointed by this episode. Everything felt off to me, and the plotlines were spread too thin. I don't like all these new characters. The Bree/Nate plotline bored me to no end. I don't care about this new character, and I hated that so much time was wasted on just the two of them with no other main characters involved.

I had so hoped for at least one episode of Chuck and Blair fluff. Now I just wish they would rip the band aid off. We all know they have to break up because the show thrives on Chuck and Blair angst, so they might as well get it over with. This unhappy togetherness is killing me. I don't find it believable that Chuck would want to be with anyone other than Blair especially if he really is done living in his father's shadow, which I also found to be highly unbelievable and also really not interesting. I did really like them role playing waiter and customer, though. That was cute. I just wish Chuck would move back in with the van der Woodsens. I love his relationship with Lily.

I like Serena and Carter, and I am actually interested in this plotline with her father. The scene in the woods at the pollo match was surprisingly sweet.

Eric and Jenny were cute but totally irrelevant.

I'm completely bored with everything else, especially Rufus, who I wish would just leave.

Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
Wow! I have to completely disagree!

I think Chuck really believes he is done living in his father's shadow. Yes it will eventually come back up because even in real life it has to at some point. That doesn't really have any bearing on his relationship with Blair. He clearly loves her and wants to just be with her. They didn't have any problems until Serena butted in and started telling Blair she should be unhappy.

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, I just see Chuck's relationship with Bart as having such a huge influence on the person he is/was. I always thought that Chuck slept around because he was missing any sort of genuine affection in his life and was trying to find it in all the wrong places while keeping himself protected. Then I fully believe that Bart's constant rejection of Chuck was the reason it took him so long to tell Blair he loved her. So if Chuck is done living in Bart's shadow, I think that would mean he was also ready to be in a completely monogamous relationship, so I didn't really understand why these other women were necessary. But maybe I misunderstood Chuck's intentions in this episode. Were we supposed to believe that he really did leave Blair in Connecticut because he had a headache?

Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
The problem lies in Serena. Until Serena came back Blair had no problem with what was going on. It kept things interesting. It was fun. I got the impression that Chuck played the game because that was what Blair wanted. When she seemed no longer interested in it he was fine with that. She is the one who kept bringing the games back up. I think if anyone has doubts in that relationship it is her. And they were planted there by Serena.

Of course Bart has an effect on the person Chuck is. All parents, good or bad, effect their children. He didn't give Chuck a very good example in the love department. I think Chuck slept around because he wanted to be like his dad. He wanted to show his father they had things in common. THink about all the business ventures he tried to come up with. Think about the way he dressed. And then his dad died. His dad died alone all because he wasn't honest with the woman he loved. Chuck didn't/doesn't want that.

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
I totally agree with everything you said about Bart. I was having such a hard time figuring out what I was supposed to be thinking about the game, and I like your version better than what I'd concluded on my own. lol.

Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
You are a lot like me in the sense that we react firt and think second. As I have gotten older I tend to do it less and less. And you are entitled to feel however you want about any of the storylines. I am just glad to have someone to discuss the show with! I think it allows us to shed light on things for each other. :)

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm glad to have someone to discuss it with too! I think I'm just so addicted to Chuck and Blair right now that it's making me get a little crazy. I've had a whole summer of reading happy, fluffy fics and watching Chuck's I love you too scene over and over (possibly more times than I watched the Lexzie season 4 finale kiss--that's how obsessed I am), and I'm not quite ready for new canon.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I finally watched the episode. Yay! I'm not sure what I think about it ... the thing which kept running through my head was "why are their shorts so short?" I'm not sure why but that's what I kept thinking.

I didn't mind the game Chuck and Blair were playing...I thought it fitted them quite well to be doing something like that. And I wanted to hit both Serena and Nate when they started questioning them on it.

I'm looking forward to them being back at school, I find the school things the most interesting.

Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
I think the thing to remember Gwen is that Chuck and Blair are far from fluffy. They are angst defined. Even more so than Alex and Izzie.

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
I know, I know. I think that's even why I love them so much, but I liked it better before they were together. Now I feel like anything that happens will be taking a step backwards.

I'm excited for the school stuff too, Marie. And I love Dorota and Georgina, so they should be fun to have back.

Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
Dorota is really great! I know she is a minor character but I adore her. Hilarious!

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Danielle
Sep 18 2009, 09:39 PM
Dorota is really great! I know she is a minor character but I adore her. Hilarious!
Dorota is great! Have you seen her online spinoff series. They used to post links for it on spoiler TV. It was about her and all the other maids and stuff. It was quite funny.

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's on my season 2 DVDs, but I haven't watched it yet. I'll let you know when I do!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: