Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
News and Announcements

Starting January 18, 2010 we will be resuming our weekly discussions on various characters, couples, and plot points for the show Grey's Anatomy. If you are interested in seeing a similar discussion for another show let Danielle know. Be sure to check out some of the new fanfictions that been posted and show the writers your support!

Welcome to The Haven.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
3.01 Reversals of Fortune; Season Premeire Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 14 2009, 12:43 PM (607 Views)
GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was so disappointed by this episode. Everything felt off to me, and the plotlines were spread too thin. I don't like all these new characters. The Bree/Nate plotline bored me to no end. I don't care about this new character, and I hated that so much time was wasted on just the two of them with no other main characters involved.

I had so hoped for at least one episode of Chuck and Blair fluff. Now I just wish they would rip the band aid off. We all know they have to break up because the show thrives on Chuck and Blair angst, so they might as well get it over with. This unhappy togetherness is killing me. I don't find it believable that Chuck would want to be with anyone other than Blair especially if he really is done living in his father's shadow, which I also found to be highly unbelievable and also really not interesting. I did really like them role playing waiter and customer, though. That was cute. I just wish Chuck would move back in with the van der Woodsens. I love his relationship with Lily.

I like Serena and Carter, and I am actually interested in this plotline with her father. The scene in the woods at the pollo match was surprisingly sweet.

Eric and Jenny were cute but totally irrelevant.

I'm completely bored with everything else, especially Rufus, who I wish would just leave.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, I just see Chuck's relationship with Bart as having such a huge influence on the person he is/was. I always thought that Chuck slept around because he was missing any sort of genuine affection in his life and was trying to find it in all the wrong places while keeping himself protected. Then I fully believe that Bart's constant rejection of Chuck was the reason it took him so long to tell Blair he loved her. So if Chuck is done living in Bart's shadow, I think that would mean he was also ready to be in a completely monogamous relationship, so I didn't really understand why these other women were necessary. But maybe I misunderstood Chuck's intentions in this episode. Were we supposed to believe that he really did leave Blair in Connecticut because he had a headache?

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
I totally agree with everything you said about Bart. I was having such a hard time figuring out what I was supposed to be thinking about the game, and I like your version better than what I'd concluded on my own. lol.

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm glad to have someone to discuss it with too! I think I'm just so addicted to Chuck and Blair right now that it's making me get a little crazy. I've had a whole summer of reading happy, fluffy fics and watching Chuck's I love you too scene over and over (possibly more times than I watched the Lexzie season 4 finale kiss--that's how obsessed I am), and I'm not quite ready for new canon.

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
I know, I know. I think that's even why I love them so much, but I liked it better before they were together. Now I feel like anything that happens will be taking a step backwards.

I'm excited for the school stuff too, Marie. And I love Dorota and Georgina, so they should be fun to have back.

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's on my season 2 DVDs, but I haven't watched it yet. I'll let you know when I do!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply