Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
News and Announcements

Starting January 18, 2010 we will be resuming our weekly discussions on various characters, couples, and plot points for the show Grey's Anatomy. If you are interested in seeing a similar discussion for another show let Danielle know. Be sure to check out some of the new fanfictions that been posted and show the writers your support!

Welcome to The Haven.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
3.02: The Freshman
Topic Started: Sep 22 2009, 12:48 PM (400 Views)
Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
Blair, who is determined to maintain her Queen status in college, embarks on her first day at NYU, along with Dan and Vanessa. Unfortunately, Georgina (guest star Michelle Trachtenberg) turns up as Blair's roommate in the dorms, determined to make Blair a social outcast. As Serena prepares to depart for Brown, she and Chuck have a major falling out, so she recruits Chuck's enemy, Carter (guest star Sebastian Stan), to help her get even. Nate and Bree (guest star JoAnna Garcia) decide to explore their relationship further, knowing full well it could cause tension between their families who are political rivals. Taylor Momsen and Matthew Settle also star.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
I am trying really, really hard to like Serena this season but she is making it impossible. So her father doesn't want anything to do with her. At this point I can't say that I really blame him. She is a train wreck, one that will have no survivors. What she did to Chuck was not only childish it was downright spiteful. If she isn't happy nobody can be happy? If she doesn't agree it isn't right? How old is this girl? Eight or eighteen?

Of course the same could be said of Blair. Good grief. She needs to wake up, smell the change, and grow. It is in her. I think she is just scared of being irrelevant. Also, she doesn't know how to do anything else. She is literally only good for one thing: society wife. Good thing she's got Chuck!

I love Chuck! He is so grown up this season. I am like a proud mama! He is starting to show signs of being his own man and making something for himself that is different than what his father built. Go Charles! I am really looking forward to seeing him grow even more!

Dan is a prick. I haven't made up my mind on whether or not I like that fact or not. Still don't like Vanessa. Those ratty looking extensions need to GO! And I missed Jenny this episode. :( I really need my little J fix. Hopefully with a little Nate thrown in. He was missing this season too!

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree with pretty much everything you said. Serena was acting so childish. I kind of like it, though. We keep hearing about her dark past, but with the exception of her brief reunion with Georgina in season 1, we never really see it. I certainly hope that she doesn't continue acting this way, but I think it's an interesting pit stop in her character development.

I feel sorry for Blair. She really does need to move on from her high school life of being queen, but, like you said, I don't think she really knows how. I'm excited to see where her character goes this year. Leighton is such a talented actress, and I'm sure she'll make whatever juicy scenes they give her amazing. And I thought her scenes were incredibly funny this episode. I LOVED her calling Georgina's Bible camp to ruin the party. Hilarious. I can't wait to see what else will happen with this roommate rivalry.

I hate Dan. He's been acting more and more like Rufus (my least favorite character) lately. They're both so self important and judgey. And Dan is such an idiot. Why would he trust Georgina again? Why isn't it obvious to him that she is doing the same thing to Blair that Blair is trying (and failing) to do to her? I do kind of love Dan and Georgina hooking up, though. I thought that plotline was so interesting in season 1, and I could see this stirring up a lot of drama for everybody.

Vanessa continues to annoy me. I agree, her extensions are just GROSS. And she's soooo naive. She's constantly getting taken advantage of as she tries to stay on her high horse and ruin everyone else's plans. I'm just not interested in her character at all.

And, ugh, Nate and Bree are the most boring pairing ever. I don't care about her at all yet, and they're the only two people in ALL their scenes. I would definitely like to see some Nate/Jenny action. (I love your new signature and avatar!) I hope Jenny becomes more involved with the story lines. I really want to see her as queen!

As always, Chuck was my favorite part of the episode. I'm so proud of him too!! He's acting so mature and is clearly a smart businessman. I can't wait for him to really explore his potential. And even though she was being awful to him, I loved seeing him and Serena interact again. It made me so sad when Chuck lost the family that clearly meant so much to him, so I was glad that he was still calling her "sis" and getting help for her when he realized she was on a downward spiral.

And, oh my gosh, I absolutely died when Blair climbed into bed with Chuck at the end. It was so unbelievably sweet and exactly what I wanted to see. I really think the only thing that could have made me happier would be Chuck holding their baby. lol. So I'm in a really good mood right now for at least a week. :)

Star6482
Member Avatar

Rulers Supreme
I am having so many issues with getting into the show this season.

First I can't stand the Humpfrey's right now. I can't stant how they have settled into suddenly having money. I have absolutely no respect for Rufus and his new kept husband role. I respected him so much more when he was a single working father to Jenny and Dan and he struggled to keep them at Constance. Its so annoying to see him living it up, enjoying a lifestyle that Lilly obtained mostly thru marriage....marriage at one point to Chuck's father on top of it really irks me.

I couldnt help but role my eyes at Blairs whole ruling NYC thing....its just sounds ridiculous....its college! A huge, diverse college, not some Upper East Side private school for the ubber rich! Though Chuck and Blair do make me smile...

I freaking cannot stand Vannessa....her character seems absolutely pointless to me. Its like her sole purpose is to give Dan something to do when he isnt involved in something Serena related.

I found myself involuntarily fast forwarding thru the Nate and Bree scenes.......so not interested.

I loved Georgina everytime she came on in past seasons.....so I was thrilled that she would be back this time. But then when I saw her with Dan....who I hate....I wanted to barf. I actually really hope she is using him and it all blows up in his face soon.

I love Carter....he is so darn yummy....though I am so sick of the way every guy Serena gets involved with falls head over heels with her. Not sure what they see, aside from the trashy attire (does that girl EVER wear a BRA???!) her personality is so unattractive.

So far....not a great start to the new season.

Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
I get what you are saying Ari, I really do, but I can't help but disagree on some things. Especially Blair. Look at the life she led. She lived in a bubble. She doesn't know how to act around a diverse group of people because she has never been exposed to one. Its a cultural thing. The great thing about cultural related issues is a person can overcome them. In the length of the episode you can see a difference in Blair's mindset. She went in with blinders on and has had them partially removed. You only have to watch the downward slide of her confidence to see that.

Much as I dislike Nate and Bree I think there is a purpose to them. Remember she is just a guest star. I am not quite sure what the point is but I am having faith that it will be revealed. Most of the time this show doesn't do things without reason. Bree is no exception. She is clearly using him.

Can't stand the Humphery family or cannot stand Dan and Rufus? If you are grouping Jenny into the hate when them I have to object. On some level I have to object to the whole classification of Dan and Rufus. Dan has always had "ass" boiling just beneath the surface and while I don't like it I do understand it. It is part of him finding himself and growing up. Much like all the characters. They need to experiment and make mistakes before they settle into the people they are going to be.

Gwen, I love my new siggy and avatar as well! I'm actually working on my first Gossip Girl fanfiction. :)

Star6482
Member Avatar

Rulers Supreme
I love Blair, I really really do. What bothered me the most is that most of the scenes where she was being rejected made me cringe. And I completely agree about her having that lifestyle that makes her believe things will always be that way wherever she goes....but I still cannot believe that she would think that NYU would be like Constance.

I totally forgot about Jenny.....it will be interesting to see how they will balance her storylines....but I will admit I am not a huge fan of hers.

As for Nate and Bree, I also love Nate and I just find Bree to be incredibly dull. The one interesting thing I did find in them was the whole thing with Nates grandfather, I am interested in seeing that unfold.

Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
I think you have to remember that private schools, especially upper class private schools, are a world of their own. The kids that go there stick to their own kind. Look at how much of an outcast Dan and Jenny were. Not because they weren't nice or because they weren't attractive enough. No, they were cut off because they didn't know the right people or have the right address. Blair is in a new element without the knowledge of how to deal.

It took a while for Jenny to grow on me. I hated her in season one but by the end of Season two I loved her! Especially with Nate. I don't know why but there is something about them that just makes me smile. I respect that not everyone feels that way though lol.

Marie
Member Avatar
Ultimate Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow! So I just got around to watching this, and boy was the cattiness out tonight. It felt like everyone was out there to try and get everyone else.

It was strange seeing Blair tumble but it was an interesting watch...I loved her talk with Serena at the end how she said she'd found her place and it was right at the bottom. You got to feel for her but I think she's going to work it out. I loved how she came home to Chuck at the end, that was really sweet.

I really enjoyed Georgina as well, I don't care if she is up to something or not, her scenes were fun to watch. And the hook up with Dan...interesting...

Dan's brother...does anyone else get the feeling that he's evil? I don't know why I get that feeling, maybe it is because all his scenes are with Vanessa and about worshiping Dan. I don't know I just get this evil feeling and want to scream when are you going to tell Dan you're his brother.

And Ari to answer your question "Does Serena ever wear a bra?" The answer is yes, you could see it hanging out her top in the final scene.

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
Danielle, what is your new Gossip Girl fic about?

Ari, I find Bree to be painfully dull as well. I'm not really a big Nate fan (although I do think Chace Crawford is the most beautiful boy I have ever, ever seen), so I'm totally not into thier plotline at all. I really wish some of the other characters would be involved.

Marie, I can't decide if Dan's brother is evil or just the worst actor ever. Either way, I don't like him.

Danielle
Member Avatar
Administrator
Rulers Supreme
Gwen, well since i am a Nate fan its about Nate. :teehee:

Dan's brother is something my best friend and I were talking about. We belong to a group on facebook that was discussing it as well. I don't think he is evil or the acting is bad I think they have him acting out of place on purpose because, well, he is out of place. He's trying to know his family without them knowing who he is. I say give him the season before making a snap judgement.

TheOpenSink
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  * ]
Forget the college years its Gossip Girl the lost toddler years! Totally am put off by how immature everyone is being. Come on folks its college! Stop with the boo hoo I'm not a queen, wah wah my daddy won't talk to me, ooo ooo I gotta a bigger wallet than you do! Puh lease. Grow the F up. If things (everyone growing up) don't change (everyone stops acting childish) then I am outie.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply