Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
News and Announcements

Starting January 18, 2010 we will be resuming our weekly discussions on various characters, couples, and plot points for the show Grey's Anatomy. If you are interested in seeing a similar discussion for another show let Danielle know. Be sure to check out some of the new fanfictions that been posted and show the writers your support!

Welcome to The Haven.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
3x08 The Grandfather: Part II
Topic Started: Nov 3 2009, 08:47 PM (275 Views)
GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
Olivia, as a guest on Jimmy Fallon's talk show, says something she regrets and tries to hide it from Dan. With elections coming up, Nate suspects his grandfather will do everything he has to get Trip into congress. After another fight with Serena, Blair gets a new friend and takes her to an election night party at Chuck's hotel, just to make Serena jealous.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GwendolynK
Member Avatar
Team Lexzie
[ *  *  *  * ]
Basically, I don't care what else happened in this episode, I loved it just for the Chuck and Blair snuggling at the end. As you can see from my icon, I have a weakness for sleeping!Chair.

I think I did like the rest of it though. There was a perfect lack of Rufus, and Vanessa's storyline was actually interesting for once. I liked her inner turmoil in regards to the Van der Bilt footage. And it was nice to get another Vanessa/Nate scene. I still can't decide if I ship them, but I definitely enjoy their interactions.

I was a bit confused, though. I thought Nate DID set up Trip, but I guess his wife did? Did Nate just admit to it to save the election? I'm kind of curious to see where this Tripp/Serena thing is going. I keep coming across Blair/Tripp fics. Were they together at some point in the books? I can't even remember them talking on the show.

Olivia and Dan are really adorable. They remind me so much of Season 1 Dan and Serena, but then I get sad because I miss THEM being together. Lily's line about the 5 hours of scrabble was funny.

I can't decide whose side I'm on with the Blair/Serena fight. Chuck's maybe? lol. I thought he made some good points, but at the same time I don't think Serena should always have to be the one to apologize. (I mean, she did need to apolgize, but Blair does too.) I do feel like Serena should be able to read Waldorf Subtext, though, like Chuck said. To me, it seemed like even though she wasn't admitting it, Blair was totally looking out for Serena by getting Patrick up to his suite and pointing out that her current job is a bit shady. But at the same time, I think she was a little harsh implying that she had outgrown Serena. It made me wonder if the whole Serena being #1 was more of a draw for her than a constant drawback as I had always imagined.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply