Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to International Ponton Owners Group (IPOG). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
219 Power brakes
Topic Started: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:18 pm (71 Views)
TZombek

Hi Gang,

I just drove a '59 219 and it did not have the power brake booster. Was it an option for 1959?

Thanks
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Joakim

I'm quite sure it was standard. That's what the tech info says on the mbzponton website. BUT, it says that brake booster was standard on all models but 180/190. That's not completely true; for 190 SL, power brakes was not standard until sometime about mid '56.

Cavedog

My Dec. 1959 W105 parts book calls the brake booster "Special Request" and shows two different master cylinders, for with and without the booster. Could it have been standard in the US ?

Cavedog

Joakim

Cavedog, I see now that wiki also says it was optional: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W105
Edited by Joakim, Today, 2:32 AM.

Douglas Broome
Douglas Broome
According to the 1960 Technical Data Manual (TDM) @ 42, the brake booster was an original option on all pontons, including the 219. It was mandatory on the 220S and 220SE. This TDM does not cover the 220a. Alan in Oz, however, reports that he owns two 220a pontons, one lacking the booster and the other with it. In addition, the 220a shares the 180 series number with the 220S. It is, therefore, conclusive to me that boosters were an option on the 220a during that model's 2-year production run. The 220S and 220SE got the T50/12 except that early 220S models got the T50 don't know the changeover date). The four-bangers got the T50. The 219 also got the T50.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ponton Discussion (all models) · Next Topic »
Add Reply