Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to International Ponton Owners Group (IPOG). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Heat & Vent parts book question
Topic Started: Mon Jan 8, 2018 11:55 am (72 Views)
Cavedog

Hello All

My early 180 Ponton & 1955 180D parts book show the vent trim, parts 103 & 105 as being for the left, and 104 & 106 for the right. I think that is backwards. Can anyone confirm or tell me I am crazy?

Thank you
Rodger
Attached to this post:
Attachments: DSCN9612.jpg (459.55 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WBob
Member Avatar

Actually Rodger, i think the drawing and listing is correct, when you consider the viewpoint is somewhat from the driver's position. So, what you see on the left side of the image is on the left side of the car, etc... I had to look a couple of times, and I've done drafting in one form or another since the 1980's, and also board drafting in high school, graduating in 1965. Find myself liking hand work now when I design theater sets, or in remodeling our kitchen and now building a back porch. I have drawings spread out in the dining room right now, one set for a waste water PID for an engineer friend, another set for our next theater production. If any of you all need some drawings done, let's chat!
Ok, enough rambling. Hope my answer to your question makes sense. Let me know, and hope we get other opinions as well.
Edited by WBob, Mon Jan 8, 2018 2:07 pm.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cavedog

Sorry, I did not word that well. Don't they go, on the car, like this picture, with the thumbs pointing in?

Rodger
Attached to this post:
Attachments: DSCN9613.jpg (423.52 KB)

WBob
Member Avatar

Hi Rodger,
I don't know where those parts go. Been trying to figure that out from photos, my car is in storage across town, so not very accessible. Haven't had much luck with photos, and the diagram from the parts book doesn't indicate their location, that I can see. So I'm not much help.Maybe some one else will chime in?

Henry Magno

The parts book is correct, the "thumbs" point out.

WBob
Member Avatar

Thanks Henry, though I still don't know where these parts go. Not that it matters that much, since I'm not working in that area of my car. Just curious. When I get back on it in the spring or summer, I will need to add the tubes (large hose?) between my fans and the intake tunnels, and hook up the fans wires to the terminal blocks. My car is a 1958 220S. Those jobs are sort of "back shelf" jobs anyway, for me. I would like to put in the hoses to keep engine fumes out of the passenger compartment. Most of the time it's open windows, and sunroof for fresh air, but some days we need to close up, and then the fumes are noticeable.

Henry Magno

Bob, these parts only go on four cylinder cars. One strip on the hood itself and the others bridge between the fenders and the radiator support. Take a look at a picture and you will see them right away.

Cavedog

Thank you, Henry & Bob

Rodger

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ponton Discussion (all models) · Next Topic »
Add Reply