Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to International Ponton Owners Group (IPOG). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Photo Request: M121 Choke Cable Clamp Area
Topic Started: Tue Jul 3, 2018 12:13 pm (52 Views)
OnlyPonton
Member Avatar

Can someone post a photo of where the choke cable clamps onto the carburetor? Mine is missing...and want to go about getting it right. Zip tied, currently.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FreemanGarden
Member Avatar

Aram - I no longer have my 190b, but maybe this old photo will help.

Tom M.

Attached to this post:
Attachments: IMAG1950.jpg (946.26 KB)
Edited by FreemanGarden, Tue Jul 3, 2018 12:33 pm.

WBob
Member Avatar

Aram,
This is the choke attachment on my 58 220S, hopefully there might be some relevant information you can glean from these. Let me know if a different angle might help.
The position of the choke is full on like this. I was under the hood, trying to start and adjust the carbs, ended up using the old screwdriver across starter terminals, since the clip on push button wouldn't work. Finally got it idling decent but fast, then got in and found the choke all the way out! Thought, ok, start over. Pushed choke in, it idled nice! So i left it like that, test drove around a few blocks. Nice!
Good luck with yours! Keep the stories coming!
Are you near San Francisco? My wife's brother lives there, might visit him in the next year. Be great to meet you then, if near enough.

Bob
Attached to this post:
Attachments: IMG_6312.jpg (1.94 MB)
Attachments: IMG_6313.jpg (1.98 MB)
Edited by WBob, Sun Jul 8, 2018 10:29 am.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ponton Discussion (all models) · Next Topic »
Add Reply