Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ilion Snowdrifters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Attention Parents
Topic Started: Jan 14 2011, 12:32 PM (517 Views)
Koz
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I saw this posted on another board and thought I'd share it.

Quote:

Attention Parents!
Over the past few days I've seen or heard of the results of teenage disaster. A wrecked sled from riding on the tracks with hardly any snow, to a sled severely damaged from hitting a hidden object on the less than ideal trail conditions. Do you trust your teenager to ride with his friends alone? Have done the responsible parent thing and checked the conditions before they venture out? Did you ask them to tell you the routes that they will be riding? Who they will be riding with? When you hand them the car keys (age dependent) I'm sure you do all of these things. Then why would it be different on a sled designed to go as fast if not faster than your car?

One phone call came to me last night while grooming asking about a rock in the trail. Yes, there are rocks all over the trail! Not only are there rocks, but there are limbs from downed trees buried in the trail that might get disturbed while we groom the minimal amount of snow! I can only do so much as a groomer operator to see what I disturb, you as sledders and parents can do so much more.

Please parents, we don't like hearing about carnage to man or machine, but please don't forget your responsibility to your riding children to make sure they are aware of the early season hazards out there. Just because it might look flat and fast in the next 100 feet, doesn't mean it's like that in the next 100.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply