Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Young and The Restless SPOILER Thread
Topic Started: May 16 2009, 11:33 AM (1,243 Views)
AnthonyL
Member Avatar
Doing all the heavy lifting.....
The Suds Report confirms that P3 and Rafe will be romantically paired.
Check out my column GAYS OF OUR LIVES at AfterElton.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AnthonyL
Member Avatar
Posted Image

Posted Image

AnthonyL
Member Avatar
Posted Image

Posted Image

dkp
Member Avatar
OLTL rocks!
Thanks. Love the caption "How can you tell I'm a Nuke fan?" Hilarious! LOL
Posted Image

-------------------------------------
DeRo reunited 9/29/09...about damn F*ing time!!!

AnthonyL
Member Avatar
SOD SPOILERS IMOW:

P3 is afraid to tell Jill and Kay that he's gay and feels they won't accept him. Nina is understanding and stands by Phillip as he comes out to them. Both Jill and Kay accept that Phillip is gay, but they are angry that he staged his death, especially Katherine. Jill and Kay blame each other for driving Phillip away. Phillip says he'd do it all over again if he had to because no one knows or understands him. Kay says Phillip robbed them of that chance. Meanwhile, Cane is leaving town and says goodbye to Kay and Jill.

Chance comes home and has no clue his father is alive. Nina doesn't tell Chance because she's just glad he's home safely. Jon Driscoll (Chance) is interviewed. Here's what he says about the fact that his father is alive:

"Chance has been in the service putting others' needs before his own, so I don't think he's going to be looking favorably upon his father. He's really going to have to earn Chance's respect. It's not going to be given freely, so you can expect a very cold reaction. He doesn't really know his dad anyway. Chance doesn't even know what to call him now."

TB is also interviewed. Most of it his life story. Here's a particular quote from the interview:

"I want to walk into Y&R with G-A-Y written on me so we can talk about it. I sat down with Daniel Goddard the other day and we talked about his wife and my relationships. It's nice to feel that comfortable. I'd like to see Philiip hang around with straight guys and be friends, but I'm really excited about playing a gay romantic storyline because I want it to be natural and real. I want this to be in people's homes and them not to be afraid of it. So a boyfriend for Phillip would be nice. From what I understand. Rafe is in line for a love interest."

AnthonyL
Member Avatar
"Awe in the Family"

Last week on Y&R, Phillip stunned Nina with the news that he is gay. "It was one of those drop a bomb and then walk out of the room scenes," chuckles his portrayer, Thom Bierdz. "So Phillip just left after he told Nina he was gay and always has been gay."

But now Phillip isn't quite so ready to tell his mother and Katherine. "He is still afraid they will reject him," Bierdz sums up. "He believes this to his core and this is the reason he faked his death years ago. Sometimes gay people, like myself, feel the world would not understand their homosexuality and become very self-contained and detached."

On the day Katherine leaves the hospital, Phillip's family continues to bicker over what Phillip's reason was for faking his death. Through it all, Nina remains quiet -- that is, until Billy makes a rude comment about his brother. Nina immediately springs to defend Phillip without mentioning the real reason for his actions, but Jill immediately senses that her daughter-in-law knows more than she's letting on.

Later, Nina runs into Phillip at the Chancellor Estate and pressures him to tell the truth to Kay and Jill. "Nina is supportive and wants to make it happen," notes Bierdz. "Phillip is stronger than he was before, but still broken, longing to belong and regretful that he has hurt anyone."

When Kay returns home, Phillip finally reveals the truth to her and Jill about why he left Genoa City all those years ago. "His mother seems fine with his homosexuality, but she's still furious he didn't tell them 20 years ago," says Bierdz. "Kay is also fine with his homosexuality, but she is the unforgiving one as far as Phillip staging his death. These scenes are going to be really great to watch because Jeanne Cooper's real love for me, in her eyes, contradicts Kay's harsh words."

Loads of pain and anger over the last two decades are unleashed ("Both women obviously loved and missed Phillip"), with Jill and Kay blaming each other for driving Phillip to fake his death and leave town. When Phillip tells them that he would do the same thing all over again because neither of them really know him, Kay harshly blasts him by saying that he robbed them of the chance.

Just then, Cane arrives to bid farewell because he's leaving Genoa City, but before Kay and Jill can react....

"A 'Chance' Reunion"

Phillip's return from the grave has certainly rocked Genoa City to its core, but his presence as well as the drama leading up to his comeback has been intentionally kept from his son, Phillip IV, who's been serving in Iraq.

"One of the great things his mom did was not tell him what was going on with his dad so that he could keep his mind focused on his tour of duty instead of getting distracted," explains John Driscoll (ex-Coop, GL), who is not playing Phillip IV (now known as Chance, which is short for Chancellor). "So he doesn't know anything about his dad being alive."

Chance has alot of childhood memory of the Chancellor Mansion and makes it his first stop when his troop is pulled out of Iraq. "It's a huge relief to be back on familiar ground. He walks in wearing his fatigues and there are quite a few people in the room, but he zeroes right in on his mom. She's so excited to see him. She comes running to him and jumps in his arms."

It doesn't take long before everyone realizes that an awkward situation has presented itself since Chance doesn't know that his dad is alive. "Nina has a lot to tell him, but that's all put aside so she can just focus on her son because he's home safe," reasons Driscoll, who explains that his character won't be too thrilled with the actions of his father. "Chance has been in the service and putting other's needs before his own, so I don't think he is going to be looking favorably upon his father. He's really going to have to earn Chance's respect. It's not going to be given freely, so you can expect a very cold reaction. He doesn't really know his dad anyway. Chance doesn't even know what to call him now."

AnthonyL
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

AnthonyL
Member Avatar
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Young and The Restless · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This Skin was Created by SickforGaborik/Meow of Signature Sports
Thanks to JPEG for the banner!