Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Airfix 1/48 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.1
Topic Started: Sep 17 2016, 07:09 PM (305 Views)
tc2324
Member Avatar
LCDR Tony `Banana's` Clay
Been a while since an Airfix sprue review appeared on here and I recently obtained this for a bit of `what if` fodder.

The kit itself looks great, my one gripe being that a couple more scheme options may have been nice, but I suppose that`s what aftermarket is for.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mac1677
Member Avatar
Lt Mac 'Shocker' McSheffrey
Nice wee review Tony :cool

Simon G
Member Avatar
heavy weatherer
Looks nice but I really only collect single engined WW2 in 1/32 or larger these days. I'm sure this will do well for Airfix.

Peter Smith
Plastic fiddler
I will never understand why the Defiant wasn't fitted with better forward-firing armament and an uprated engine once its weaknesses were exposed. Even 4 forward guns would have made a significant difference. Later on I'm sure 0.50 or 20mm would have appeared.

"What if" idea. Bulged engine cowling for a Griffon + 4-bladed prop. Or what about a Centaurus? Twin 0.50s in the turret. 20mm and 0.50 in each wing. Clipped wings. 60lb RP rails. Shturmo-Defiant.

A nice looking kit of another Brit Glorious Failure that deserved better. Also nice to see Airfix picking up their game with each new release

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Best engines were kept back for the Spits etc. I believe.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Airfix Kit Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply