Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Announcing Our Second Title!
Topic Started: Jul 18 2017, 08:43 PM (91 Views)
kfutter
Brush Painter
Howdy folks,

With the launch of our debut title, Building Brick's Sabre in 1/32 Scale, now out of the way, it's been full steam ahead with work on our second title, and it's now advanced enough that I can formally announce it:

Building Mac's Birddog in 1/32 Scale: A Scale Tribute to Macaulay "Mac" Cottrell

Posted Image

Much like the Sabre book, this one is based on Eric's fantastic build of Mac's Birddog, but will also include material from Mac. I'm also currently negotiating for another set of exclusive walkaround photos. If you've seen the ones in the Sabre book, you'll know what you're in for!

I've written up a short blog post on my website, announcing the new book:

https://www.klp.com.au/2017/07/18/announcing-our-second-title/

And don't forget our Facebook page, too:

https://www.facebook.com/klppublishing/

Give us a 'like' if you haven't already!

I'll be posting sample pages of the new book closer to its release, the date of which hasn't been set yet.

As ever, if you have any questions, ask away!

Kev
Edited by kfutter, Sep 20 2017, 06:34 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
:cool

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
You're a busy bee Kev but don't forget the modelling. Best of luck with the sales.

kfutter
Brush Painter
Olde Farte
Jul 19 2017, 09:01 AM
You're a busy bee Kev but don't forget the modelling. Best of luck with the sales.
Cheers! But the reality is, I haven't finished a model since the P-39 at the start of the year. Hoping to get back to the bench in a serious fashion soon, though.

Kev

kfutter
Brush Painter
I've just taken delivery of a set of walkaround images of the Bird Dog:

Posted Image

As with the Sabre walkaround, these were taken by Mark Jessop. We're also working on obtaining some additional images of a Bird Dog in a more standard finish and configuration. I'll keep you posted!

Kev
Edited by kfutter, Jul 28 2017, 12:38 AM.

kfutter
Brush Painter
I've just uploaded a revised cover image for the book, as I'm reliably informed that the aircraft name is actually one word, not two - ie, Birddog, not Bird Dog.

There's been an unfortunate delay in acquiring the walkaround photos I've been seeking for the book, but I'm hoping to have that resolved in the next couple of weeks.

Stay tuned!

Kev

kfutter
Brush Painter
I'm pleased to report that I've finally been able to obtain an exclusive set of walkaround images from Rob Fox of Rob Fox Photography:

Posted Image

The images feature his very own Birddog, VH-FXY. Look out for a launch announcement soon!

Kev

Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
FAB!!

kfutter
Brush Painter
OK folks, the Birddog book is finally done! You can view sample pages and purchase the PDF at the following link:

https://www.klp.com.au/product/building-macs-birddog-in-132-scale/

Kev

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · KLP Publishing · Next Topic »
Add Reply