Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
PLANAF J-15 'Flying Shark'
Topic Started: Jul 23 2017, 10:38 AM (623 Views)
Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
This is my entry for this GB. Kinetic's 1/48th Su-33 Russian Navy fighter converted to the Chinese Shenyang J-15 Flying Shark using Dreammodel's little conversion kit.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Olde Farte, Oct 7 2017, 12:35 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
:pop

mac1677
Member Avatar
Lt Mac 'Shocker' McSheffrey
Nice choice Del, I look forward to seeing this build take shape :cool

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Cheers guys and should be starting in a day or so.

Cimmerian
Member Avatar
Lt. Ken 'Albatros' Jeffrey
:pop

blainecole
airbrush beginer
An excellent choice Del. I'm very interested in this kit by Kinetic.

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Quality looks very good Blaine, Kinetic haven't let me down yet and I've built a few.

Grayhawk
Member Avatar
Doug Summers
Whats in the boxxxx. Show us what's in the BOXXXXX!!!! Please, oh please, oh please!!! You can't tell I want one can 'ya! You're a lucky fella with that one to build. Cheers from the other side of the pond!

Johni044
Lt John "bullet" Irwing
:cool: Oohhh wanted a quarter scale Flanker for sooooo long

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Here's the Su-33 parts, missiles are slide moulded so 1 piece. Only differences I can see so far is in the cockpit and the wing-tip missile rails. I also have a brass pitot for it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Disorder
Member Avatar
Lt Paddy 'Chancer' Boyle
That looks great Del. Watching with interest.

Grayhawk
Member Avatar
Doug Summers
Thanks for the pics! Now I have to buy one. There's no way around it now! Can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Grayhawk
Jul 26 2017, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the pics! Now I have to buy one. There's no way around it now! Can't wait to get my hands on one of these.
Now to make you really green with envy Doug I have 2. I have read somewhere that Kinetic are releasing a full kit of the J-15 and as Dream Model are linked to them it should carry the same bits as my conversion.

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
OK I've made a start and assembled the seat (21 parts + 2 PE) which is quite exquisite and the best I've seen in this scale and there are 2 and if anybody can tell me where part H-11 goes on the seat I will be eternally grateful as the picture shows it but no line to where it goes. Cockpit basics are done but no photos until it is painted and Dream colour etch is in place for both this and the seat. It would appear to be the cockpit where the major changes are with the IP being totally different so the Dream colour etch for the Su-33 and the J-15 both portray the correct versions.

Cockpit colour for all the Flanker series is AKAN 73069 Dark-Blue-Grey but cannot find other makes comparison.

Seat is Black.
Edited by Olde Farte, Jul 29 2017, 12:31 PM.

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
OK here we go.
Work so far is in this photo and cockpit is partially done but not fixed. PE is attached with Gorilla White cap glue and it is stuck fast. Seat is painted and ready for it's PE and all wheel wells are in place.
Posted Image001 by Derek Reeve, on Flickr
Edited by Olde Farte, Aug 2 2017, 10:17 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Life on the Waves GB · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: