Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Italeri 1:48 Westland Wessex HU.5; Falklands War.
Topic Started: Feb 24 2018, 10:33 PM (377 Views)
DLG Dave
Lt Dave 'Wraith' Carter
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, this will finish off my collection of Wesssesssexxsxess and they'll all four have been built for MMM Group Builds. This will be mostly SFTB with the rotor fold accessory seen in one of the phots. Plain Green Drab airframe seen in the South Atlantic in 1982.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

beowulf
Member Avatar
Lt. Paul 'Red Dog' Rose
i like this one

Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
:cool
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Far better quality than the old Revell one and a nice review, I'm looking forward to this.

DLG Dave
Lt Dave 'Wraith' Carter
Posted Image

Slow start while I finish off some other projects. Just the interior colouring and a bit of drilling to accept some fuselage fittings. This is my second HU.5 and the fourth Italeri Wessex I've built so it's just going through the motions right now. The interior will be given some bare weathering and drybrushing but otherwise there will be no other detail, apart from the cabin seats.

mac1677
Member Avatar
Lt Mac 'Shocker' McSheffrey
Looking forward to seeing this unfold :cool

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
:like

DevilFish
Member Avatar
LCDR Paul "Voodoo" Carter
That's nice. I keep thinking, it's about time I added some whirlybirds to my collection, and one of these in RAF Rescue yellow would look good!

DLG Dave
Lt Dave 'Wraith' Carter
Posted Image

Slow but steady going. For the superdetailer there's plenty of room for extra work here, and it can be seen through the open side canopies and an opened cabin sliding door. On this occasion it's strictly SFTB and what's there is going to be good enough for me.

mac1677
Member Avatar
Lt Mac 'Shocker' McSheffrey
Nice start Dave :cool

Nikon User
Member Avatar
"BEAVER"
A good start. I have daily access to a Wessex HU.5 if you could use photos of specific parts*.

* That's assuming it has the specific part fitted!

DLG Dave
Lt Dave 'Wraith' Carter
Nikon User
Mar 19 2018, 10:16 AM
A good start. I have daily access to a Wessex HU.5 if you could use photos of specific parts*.

* That's assuming it has the specific part fitted!
Thanks for the offer but not only do I have a stack of references, I've a fair library of my own personal phots - the Wessex was one of my favourite aircraft and I had the good fortune to encounter them on the ships I was on with a degree of frequency.

The only thing I'm not 100% totally clear on in the over-the-counter colour for the green. I know the BS reference for it, but not what it translates to in terms of Humbrol or whatever.

DLG Dave
Lt Dave 'Wraith' Carter
Posted Image

Posted Image

Self-explanatory really. Not too much effort and it begins to look like a Wessex.

Simon G
Member Avatar
heavy weatherer
:cool

Nikon User
Member Avatar
"BEAVER"
It doesn't take long for a Wessex shape to emerge from the parts. Looking good.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Get to the Chopper GB · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: