Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Italeri Flying Banana; H-21 Helicopter
Topic Started: Mar 1 2018, 06:19 AM (545 Views)
blainecole
airbrush beginner
This is the initial application of PE to the fuselage exterior. As always, Eduard has done a fine job. This will be repeated on the port side. A test fit of the interior to the fuselage reveals that interior color won't be critical. So it will be Light Ghost Grey for the personnel spaces, and Zinc Chromate aft.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blainecole
airbrush beginner
This will be about it for the power plant.

Posted Image

Nikon User
Member Avatar
"BEAVER"
Nice progress.

:cool

Disorder
Member Avatar
Lt Paddy 'Chancer' Boyle
The PE looks great.

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Just a thought but what do you stick your PE down with, I have used ordinary liquid cement on flat bits and Gorilla white cap compression glue where I can clamp like the cockpit interior and sidewalls. I very rarely use CA as it goes everywhere except where I want it leaving the object stuck to my fingers.
Edited by Olde Farte, Mar 14 2018, 09:45 AM.

blainecole
airbrush beginner
Del: I use CA glue and a toothpick to apply. Then, holding the metal part with some very fine tweezers, I join the parts.

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
blainecole
Mar 16 2018, 07:58 AM
Del: I use CA glue and a toothpick to apply. Then, holding the metal part with some very fine tweezers, I join the parts.
OK, so what happens when the bits ping off into the ether?

I have something called a sticky pen made by Ultimate Modelling products which is very handy as the bit can be picked up and placed while holding it down with a knife blade. The pen/pencil can be sharpened with a pencil sharpener and covered when not in use with a Bic ballpoint pen cover, dries out otherwise.

See here and I wouldn't be without it. https://www.umpretail.com/products/ultimate-photo-etch-placer

blainecole
airbrush beginner
When it has happened, I have succeeded in finding the part more often than not. There have been instances where it was time consuming. But I consider it a challenge and a bit of an adventure. I have a dedicated hobby room with wood floors that I keep clean and organized. I do pay a premium for quality tools, but it has proven a good investment. Having steady hands helps immensely.

The tool you linked to looks very useful.

mac1677
Member Avatar
Lt Mac 'Shocker' McSheffrey
Nice work Blaine :cool

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Don't wood floors have gaps Blaine? or is Japanese precision and tolerances better than ours.

blainecole
airbrush beginner
Del; There is a depression between the planks. But nothing the parts would fall through. As a last resort when searching, I shine a torch at an angle to the floor. Even the smallest parts cast a shadow or will reflect the light. Am I bordering on a mental disorder?

tc2324
Member Avatar
LCDR Tony `Banana's` Clay
:cool

:pop

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
blainecole
Mar 20 2018, 01:27 AM
Del; There is a depression between the planks. But nothing the parts would fall through. As a last resort when searching, I shine a torch at an angle to the floor. Even the smallest parts cast a shadow or will reflect the light. Am I bordering on a mental disorder?
Bordering Blaine, bordering!!..................... :rolf more like obsessive methinks. :rolf :rolf

blainecole
airbrush beginner
As is normally the case, Eduard provide very nice parts to add detail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The parts representing the engine bay and framing are now complete. The detail is rather nice but will be difficult to see on the completed model. The fuselage buttoned up nicely.

Posted Image

So now it's time to finish up the relevant PE for the fuselage exterior.

Posted Image

Nikon User
Member Avatar
"BEAVER"
Very nice work.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Get to the Chopper GB · Next Topic »
Add Reply