Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
1/8 citroen V8 traction maybe?
Topic Started: Mar 30 2018, 06:15 PM (389 Views)
kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all some of you may remember this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well I did it originally purple and gold but the sun turned the gold to chrome and I hated that sooo, I thought I would try and give it a second chance.

It's going (if my skills are up to it) get this in it†

Posted Image

Posted Image

It means a LOT of work (gearbox tunnel to say the least)

Encase anyone has not seen this beast before on top is a 1/32 humber snipe I'm working on.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
I had forgotten this but it could be a proper beast with that V8 stuck in front with the Turbo-charger poking out from the bonnet.

mac1677
Member Avatar
Lt Mac 'Shocker' McSheffrey
Nice idea Ken :grin:

From Wiki:
Models that did not enter production
CitroŽn planned two variants that never entered production, since there was insufficient funding to develop them, except as running prototype vehicles. One was an automatic transmission-equipped model, based on the Sensaud de Lavaud automatic transmission, the other a 22 CV model with a 3.8 litre V8.
The transmission (which was actually originally designed for the CitroŽn) was a "gearless" automatic, using the torque-converter alone to match engine revolutions to the drivetrain revolutions, much like the Dynaflow Transmission introduced later in the USA. The car was supposed to have a less spartan interior than the other Traction Avants and it was to feature CitroŽn's own new V8 engine. About twenty prototypes were made, but the project was canceled at the start of 1935 after the company's bankruptcy and resulting Michelin takeover, which rapidly led to a level of financial discipline that the company had hitherto heroically failed to apply. The prototype 22CVs were probably all destroyed.

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
mac1677
Mar 31 2018, 11:23 AM
Nice idea Ken :grin:

From Wiki:
Models that did not enter production
CitroŽn planned two variants that never entered production, since there was insufficient funding to develop them, except as running prototype vehicles. One was an automatic transmission-equipped model, based on the Sensaud de Lavaud automatic transmission, the other a 22 CV model with a 3.8 litre V8.
The transmission (which was actually originally designed for the CitroŽn) was a "gearless" automatic, using the torque-converter alone to match engine revolutions to the drivetrain revolutions, much like the Dynaflow Transmission introduced later in the USA. The car was supposed to have a less spartan interior than the other Traction Avants and it was to feature CitroŽn's own new V8 engine. About twenty prototypes were made, but the project was canceled at the start of 1935 after the company's bankruptcy and resulting Michelin takeover, which rapidly led to a level of financial discipline that the company had hitherto heroically failed to apply. The prototype 22CVs were probably all destroyed.
Interesting article and one that I hadn't heard about.

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Interesting someone on another forum has shown me a YouTube vid of the 22cv running so I don't think all the prototypes were destroyed
Hi all well I've made a start on this†

Posted Image

Posted Image

And can you guess what this will be.

Posted Image

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Hook for the roof for when it breaks down?

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all no going back now.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
:like

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all I will have to move the battery (Not sure where maybe the boot)I think I may be able to shoe horn it in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all been messing about with wheels just can't decide does this look ridiculous
Posted Image
Posted Image
I really like the small wheels at the front but the rear (although bigger) I think don't look right in the wheel arches (of course I could remove the wheel arches)
Or if I mix wheel rims what about this
Posted Image
Or keeping the same rims (Still smaller at the front)
Posted Image
There is surprisingly very little difference on ground clearance at the front considering how much bigger these wheels are
Posted Image

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Fronts are fine but third photo for the rear and extend the arches if possible, if not leave them off, lot of work I know but worth it for the look. First bump and the rear arches would fly off into the ether as is.

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all well my soldering is world famous for being abysmally poor so here is my best effort at the headlight bar.

Posted Image

I've installed the engine and radiator also done the wheels with the large at the front and small at the rear. Loads of connections still to me made to the engine and got to figure out the exhaust system.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Your soldering is better than mine, nice job.

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all I'm pretty crap at this sort of thing I want to change the shape of the cars roof first I thought of removing the roof completely and cutting the door pillars to level with the top of the doors.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see I can't do that as the top hinge for the doors is incorporated in the door pillars, then I thought of cutting the rear pillar off level with the base of the rear window but I can't do that as there will be an ugly step at the back, what should I do.

Posted Image

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
You could weld and fill the rear doors in place then chop the roof to make that lower. I've chopped and lowered model cars in my yoof and the hardest bit is then matching the angles and cutting the glass to fit. The hardest one I did was a torpedo bodied Hudson with a small block Chevy engine with a turbo and skinnies at the front and big fat tyres at the back, painted Candy Apple red with white leather upholstery and looked fab. Modern fillers will make things easier for you but all I had was car body filler.

Funny I can remember things from way back but not yesterday.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Work In Progress · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: