Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Tamiya 1/350 King George V
Topic Started: Apr 22 2018, 08:00 PM (410 Views)
kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all I was given this and the Bismark for a Christmas pressie from my daughter and son I bought what i thought was the pe for this kit (which cost more than the kit and I now discover is still not the full pe for it, i will buy the rest but just have to wait a bit) so I was thinking I quite like the pics by Eduard and pontos (others are availiable) of the pe on the finished ship with no paint on it and was thinking maybe I would do that with just a slight difference being I would weather the pe but leave it unpainted. What do you all think, I quite like the pe showing I think it adds interest(i know it's not very accurate but let's face it I'm pretty rubbish with this modelling lark and I very seldom build as per the instructions anyway.
So here is my start on this build
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Made a start on the decking (Will be using pastels for the decking this is just the base coat.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
:like

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Well im a bit annoyed with eduard.
I started putting the pe portholes on and got 10 done and thought hang on theres something wrong here ( they give you 50 pe portholes) counted down one side theres 63 (it does say optional parts) optional or not they should at least supply enough for the job. And now im thinking about it what about all the pprtholes on the super structure.
When i built the warspite i had loads of parts left on tge sprue that wernt mentioned anywhere in tge instructions ive since discovered they were ment to be portholes they look a bit different to the ones eduard supply but maybe i will use them.
I managed to get the portholes off without damaging the paintwork too much. As i say maybe i will try the warspite ones will have a count up and see if theres enough.

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all well I've done the decking and weathered the hull.

I'm surprised how much bigger this is than the warspite she also quite a bit wider.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

tc2324
Member Avatar
LCDR Tony `Banana's` Clay
Coming along great.

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
I like these ship builds.

kpnuts
Airbrush master
here is the next update.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by kpnuts, Apr 29 2018, 07:47 PM.

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all here is another update
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
:like

kpnuts
Airbrush master

Hi all well the rest of the eduard pe has arrived now I have to cut off all the little boxes I just spent ages painting on the decks also the blast shields and all the doors off all the superstructure 

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all well I've added a miniscule amount of the huge amount of pe to this and I've realised someone made a big mistake how do you open these doors.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Encase you can't see from the pics there is a box about 1 mill in font of a 3 mill door 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
That's quality control and lack of observation for you. They do look OK though the frames tend to be a bit thick for the scale.

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Well it's been a long time since I put a ship on a stand (usually I have them in a dio of some sort) I think the last one I put on a stand was the La Royale de France.
I'm not sure I like the supplied stand maybe I will put her in a dry dock.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
That is one crappy stand so how about making up a wooden one.

kpnuts
Airbrush master
Hi all well this will probably be my last update before we get back from our hols we will be packing tomorrow night.
Got to say I'm really looking forward to a week in the sun doing nothing at all with a drink in my hand and my every whim catered for.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'm thinking of drilling out all the portholes (I say thinking as there are a lot of them)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Work In Progress · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: